Motel 6 Sandusky-Huron
US$132
  • Pool
US$113
US$65
Gull Motel Huron(Huron)(Great Value!)
US$79
Fairfield Inn
US$143
US$126
Hampton.com
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewscedar pointhot tubnice poolpet friendly establishmentsave moneyother hotels in the areadefinitely stay here againfridge and microwaverestaurants and shoppingovernight stayminute drivecoffee potbeds were comfortableright next doordog showsanduskyjamie
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 May 2014

We stayed on Sunday of Memorial Day weekend so we could go to Cedar Point on Sunday and Monday and save a drive home and back. We would definitely stay again.

In fact, it was so inexpensive, I thought twice about posting about it on Tripadvisor since I suspect it fills up on weekends when Cedar Point is open.

HOWEVER:

a) Yes, there is in fact a frequently used train tracks nearby. But that didn't bother us any, even though I am a relatively light sleeper. We just turned on the air conditioning unit fan. IF some noise from trains would bother you, then you should look for something somewhere else.

b) No continental breakfast provided. We drove to the nearby McDonalds instead, where I did notice that their prices were a little higher than normal.

c) No Hairdryer.

Overview:

Staff: Friendly

Room: Clean, 32" Flat Screen with HBO. It has a "boutique" hotel feel to it, because the room has a modern, plain feel to it, and it has a laminate wood floor, which I thought was nicer than the old dark green carpeting you find at a lot of places,

Check-in / out: Easy and efficient.

Amenities: There is "room" for improvement here. For example, they don't stock shampoo in the room. You can get a little foil thing of it down at the desk, but why not just put it in the room to start with ?

Also, no hairdryer supplied. No big deal for me, but my wife would have liked to use one. What few "loaners" they have at the front desk were all being used, so we were out of luck. So my suggestion is to go buy another 20 hand held hair dryers when they are on sale at Wal-Mart for $ 10 !

Location: It is located near Cedar Point, but thankfully NOT on the really busy Route 250. That Is one of the reasons I picked it. It is very convenient for people coming from Cleveland and other cities located to the east.

Pool: Indoor pool but we were too tired from being at Cedar Point to use it.

Room Tip: You might want to ask to be on the far end of the hotel from the RR tracks.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Matt S, General Manager at Motel 6 Sandusky-Huron, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a detailed review of our hotel! We greatly enjoy hearing how we are doing from our guests perspective. It lets us know where we are meeting our expectations, as well as where we are missing our goals. The reason that we don't offer many extra amenities is to keep our cost low and pass that savings directly onto our guests with a low rate.

I hope that you had a great time while you were in the area and hope that you come see us again!

Thanks again for leaving us such a great, detailed review!

Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

The room wasn't very expensive at all. Only about ten minutes from Cedar Point. This is a very bare bones hotel and is pretty clean, especially considering how economical it is. The hotel is literally right off the highway and adjacent to Wendy's. Bathroom tub had some hair in it and the toiletries were extremely limited. Bed was average and room was small. Definitely worth the money though. Good desk staff.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Matt S, General Manager at Motel 6 Sandusky-Huron, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy life to leave us a review of our hotel. I'm sorry your stay wasn't perfect. You pointed out a few things that we need to focus on to make our future guests stays an exceptional experience!

Thank you again for staying at our hotel and I hope that we will see you again sometime!

Reviewed 19 April 2014

A nice hotel, with really cool looking newly remodeled rooms. I would stay here again. This is not a high end fancy hotel.. There was no breakfast. There was a safe in the room, and nice tv.

Pros: Clean, fresh, nice location, affordable, nice pool, near highway, there is fast food in the area.

Cons: Pretty simple, no real perks. Near rail road tracks, ask for a room furthest from the railrload tracks.

Room Tip: Ask for a room furthest from the railroad tracks.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Matt S, General Manager at Motel 6 Sandusky-Huron, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Thank you for leaving us a review! We always like hearing about how we are doing from our guests. I'm glad you like the look of our newly styled rooms. I look forward to seeing you again if your travels bring you back to our area!!

Thanks again for taking the time to leave such a wonderful review!

Reviewed 2 April 2014

Took my kids there just to get out of the house and go swimming... the room we got was decent. Loved the kitchenette. Out of all the staff only one man was pleasant and friendly, don't know his name but he was behind front desk the morning we checked out. Only true complaint was the chlorine in pool was very strong and the jacuzzi didnt work :(.. we were dissapointed about that.. the trains didnt bother us.... the rooms were small but comfortable. We were the only family in the pool both days which was nice. This was our second stay at this motel 6 and we might go back again... hopefully everything works right and the staff is more friendly and welcoming.

• Stayed: April 2014
Matt S, General Manager at Motel 6 Sandusky-Huron, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of our hotel! I'm glad that you enjoyed staying with us and having free range of the pool area while you were here! I must apologize for all of my staff being less than friendly to you and your family while you were here. Hopefully you will come see us again and hope that your next experience with us is a great one!

Thanks again,

Reviewed 23 March 2014

Horrible, don't let the nice exterior fool you!! There is a reason this hotel is cheap. No extras at all not even soap or shampoo. Lots of hoodrats running around everywhere making a ton of noise. Also making a ton of noise...... Train going by every 20 to 30 min, not a small train either, also there is some kind of machine that clicks on every hour or so that vibrates the room. Hope you don't wake up hungry because there isn't a breakfast. Not to mention the piece of plywood you have to sleep on a call a bed and the thick cardboard you have to call a pillow. I think I have scratches from the sheets and towels. Also if the herd of elephants could quit running around upstairs that would be great, it seriously sounds like the ceiling is going to cave in. It's 35 degrees outside I don't have the heat on and I'm still burning up. Spend an extra 20 bucks and stay somewhere else, trust me you will thank yourself. I'm about to go sleep in my car, I think it has better sound gaurd. Wish me luck

• Stayed: March 2014
Matt S, General Manager at Motel 6 Sandusky-Huron, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of our Motel. I'm very sorry to hear that your stay didn't meet your expectations. I understand and regret how loud the trains can be at times. I am also sorry that there were guests that didn't control other people in their group that were being loud. We try and control the sound level of guests when it is brought to our attention, however sometimes they have dissappeared by the time we get there to investigate it.

Again I'm truly sorry that your stay was less than stellar.