Upon arrival, it seemed ok. The lobby seemed tied, but comfortable. Checked in and was quoted a price, which we agreed to pay. Upon checking out, there was a day charge of $9.95 for swimming towels, which we were never near a pool. It was NEVER disclosed to us that an extra charge would be added to our bill each day!!
" it is just a charge we charge everyone". Well tell me when I am checking in!!
The first night the alarm had an issue of shorting out and at 3:30 am and every five minutes after that it went of as if electricity was surging. Thank you that we were able to finally unplug it.
The fan in the bathroom made so much noise, they came and completely removed it.
The bathtub was slippery, it was dangerous.
We were warned not to eat there, but the good thing was the walleye sandwich and the nice waitress.
They mentioned they were dog friendly, but the walking paths do not permit pets!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This lodge is set on 235 acres along the shores of Lake Erie, between the towns of Huron and Sandusky. Guestrooms offer TVs, phones with voice mail, wireless internet, coffeemakers, hair dryers, and irons with boards. Among the hotel's facilities are an 18-hole golf course, two swimming pools, a private beach, 4 restaurants, and convention meeting space. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., Priceline and getaroom.com so you can book your Sawmill Creek Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sawmill Creek Hotel Huron
- Huron Sawmill Resort
- Sawmill Creek Resort Huron, Ohio