I stayed here while at a conference in late June, so my review will be focused more on conference-related details than the room, since I was only in my room to sleep.
The room was clean if (as others have said) a little dated.
Staff members I talked to were pleasant.
It's near a wildlife preserve with a well-cleared trail, so you can get a little fresh air during your stay. If you like amusement parks, Cedar Point is isn't far away, though there are several other places to stay that might cost a little less.
I was pleasantly surprised to find that the conference rooms weren't quite as ice-cold as at many other conference centers. I still needed a cardigan occasionally, but I wasn't as miserable as I usually am at these events.
The less good:
I made my reservation 2 months in advance, but when I arrived, I found that they had oversold the rooms, so there wasn't a room ready for me yet. It took about an hour, but they did manage to find a room for me.
Many of us (maybe all, but I didn't talk to everyone) had trouble with the wi-fi, so getting work done was pretty difficult.
Though the location is good for visiting Cedar Point, for a conference, the location is pretty inconvenient. There's not too much within walking distance, and the onsite restaurants are expensive and limited in selection.
Since my conference was on-site, I had the chance to use the restrooms in the conference center and near the front desk. These were very dated and did not appear that clean. Because my room was only a 5-minute walk from the conference center, I just walked back there when I needed a restroom.
The fitness center reeked of the indoor pool, and some of the equipment was barely functional, but I'm not sure those things distinguish it from other hotel fitness centers. If the cardio machines had all worked, I would have considered the room reasonably well equipped.
Overall, this wasn't a bad place to stay for a conference, but for the money, it's not one I'd choose for a vacation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This lodge is set on 235 acres along the shores of Lake Erie, between the towns of Huron and Sandusky. Guestrooms offer TVs, phones with voice mail, wireless internet, coffeemakers, hair dryers, and irons with boards. Among the hotel's facilities are an 18-hole golf course, two swimming pools, a private beach, 4 restaurants, and convention meeting space. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK) and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Sawmill Creek Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sawmill Creek Hotel Huron
- Huron Sawmill Resort
- Sawmill Creek Resort Huron, Ohio