“Great Value!”

Hampton Inn and Suites Cleveland Independence
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Independence
“Great Value!”
Reviewed 27 August 2012

We stayed at this hotel for one night while we were in town for two baseball games! The hotel was easy to find and only about ten minutes from downtown cleveland. The staff was very friendly and helpful!! The king jacuzzi room was great very comfortable and clean. Breakfast was delicious and although it was crowded the staff kept bringing fresh food out to keep it filled. I would stay here again with no hesitation!

• Stayed August 2012
2 Thank kdemarc

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Vienna, Ohio
Reviewed 26 August 2012

This was the closest we could get to the city and it was an easy commute. I did see people taking cabs, but we drove. The king jacuzzi room was nice and clean. Morning breakfast was included and Jeanette was working. She was such a nice lady and really working hard to keep all the food stocked. That was challenging I am sure because the hotel was full. The pool looked nice, but we didn't use it. The manager's reception 5-7pm for wine and cheese is a really nice touch. We did not have any because we were going out to dinner at Pier W, which I highly recommend. I would definitely choose this location again if I could not get a room downtown. It is close to Cleveland Clinic building on Rockside Road so if that is what is bringing you into the area, this would be a good choice.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DoctorMT
Chicago, IL
Reviewed 26 August 2012

We stayed for two nights having heard about this motel through some friends. We were planning to visit the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and other attractions in the downtown Cleveland area. The motel is about 12 to 15 minutes drive to the attractions and provided free WiFi, parking, and breakfast. The motel desk staff is exceptionally friendly and helpful, accomodating our request to be located near our traveling companions and providing information on local dining places. They als had a manager's reception between 5:00 and 7:00 pm providing cheese and crackers and wine or coffee.
For us this was by far a better and less expensive place to stay than in the downtown area.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank casper437
Reviewed 21 August 2012

I travel for work and stay at Hamptons constantly. This one is clean and new in a nice area of Cleveland that consists mostly of professional office buildings. I actually encountered a deer on the road in. Nice pool area. Friendly staff.

Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank exploringrocks
philadelphia area
Reviewed 19 August 2012

My husband had business nearby so we (me and 4 kids) tagged along. It was in a great location for us...only 8 miles from the zoo, a few miles from the national park and 15 minutes from downtown. There's tons of restaurant choices but you probably will have to drive since its not very pedestrian friendly.
Since they have a lot of competition in the area, its a good thing they provide good service. Our room was clean (we had an executive suite) and everything maintained. I didn't like the louvered doors that went to the jacuzzi since I had four kids with me. You can't lock the sliding doors so when I took a shower or even used the bathroom, I was little paranoid about unwelcome visitors. My older two would know better but I think the 3 year-old and 1 year old could have provided some embarrassing situations.
I thought the bed was amazingly comfortable. I probably would have had one of the best night's sleep if our baby hadn't been waking up every hour. I guess the strange crib and then strange bed threw her for a loop but my dark circles were not caused by anything on the hotel's part.
We had a kitchen but it wasn't well supplied. Tons of knives but not enough forks and spoons. And the knives wouldn't cut anything other than butter. Probably because they are afraid of being sued but it made things difficult.
My peeve was with breakfast. One morning, the lady was super friendly and helpful...great when I had four young kids and no husband since he was at his meeting. She made sure things were stocked and cleaned and helped me out a lot. On the weekend, the breakfast was very crowded so there were no seats and things weren't stocked quickly enough. It wasn't the same attendant and it showed.
Most employees were very friendly (everyone we met in Ohio was friendly!) and the one guy who kept the cookies and snacks supplied in the evening gave me suggestions about what to do even without me asking. He tried to get me to take more food too.
So I just dropped a star for the little inconveniences and the breakfast situation.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank elawson
Southport CT
Reviewed 14 August 2012

We stopped here on a trip to Chicago. This is very close to Cleveland and a good alternative to one of the larger, higher priced downtown hotels. There are many other hotels and restaurants in the area perfect for families. Our room was clean and the beds were comfortable. It would have been nice to have a refrigerator to keep drinks cool in the hot summer. Internet worked well though. The outdoor pool was nice and towels are available at the desk. All the staff is very nice and friendly and the manager's reception with free wine and cheese is a nice touch. The free breakfast was also quite good. As some of the other reviews mentioned the hotel is a little dated and could use an update, but otherwise it was fine. Would stay here again if I'm in the area.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank CTMom4
Charleroi, PA
Reviewed 8 August 2012

We stayed at this hotel August 3rd and 4th for a family wedding in the area. Upon check in on Friday, our room was not ready so Erin, the front desk attendant recommended some area restaurants to visit. When we came back our room was ready. Both of our rooms were on the 2nd floor. One 206 and one 216. Since my children were staying in my room, I took room 216 since it was at the end of the hall away from all the other rooms. The room had 2 double beds a small table and 2 chairs and a lounge chair in the corner. Our room did not have a fridge or microwave but did have a small coffee pot. The room seemed clean enough until I entered the bathroom. There was hair in the corners and our soap dish in the shower was falling off the wall. The people staying in our other room didn't have any problems at all. They said everything was fine. The beds seem a little small, but as I stated they our double beds rather than queen. I can see how the one reviewer stated she felt as though she was going to roll out of bed, I felt the same way.
In the evenings, every evening, the hotel has a manager's reception in the lobby with wine and cheese and cookies for the children. Very nice. The hotel offers breakfast in the morning which was very nice. On Saturday morning, cheese omelettes, sausage, and potatoes were served along w/ make your own waffles, cereals, danishes, bagels etc.. Very nice and the breakfast attendant was very friendly. I did not make it to breakfast on Sunday, but the rest of my party said it was very good.
The pool area was very nice and clean and pool towels are offered at the front desk.
Even though our room had a little wear and tear and needed updated some the staff here is wonderful. Actually one of the most friendliest hotels I have ever stayed. If it wasn't for the hairs in our bathroom and soap dish falling off in the shower, I would have given this hotel 4 stars.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family