“Good hotel in a great location”

La Quinta Inn Cleveland Independence
Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Independence

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Clean and comfortable, no frills. Stayed here many times this past year May through August.
There are a variety of restaurants within walking distance and more within a few minutes drive.
Nice location close to interstates and not far from downtown.

Room Tip: I think the third floor is smoking
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Dunkirk, Maryland
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Have stayed in other hotels in same area for over ten years. Needed to find less costly arrangements when coming to visit aging parents. Was extremely surprised and pleased. The staff was very pleasant. Our room was clean and fresh and bed was super comfy. Far exceeded two of the higher dollar accommodations in the area for nearly half the cost! Our new first go-to in Independence.

Room Tip: We had a king.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Cannon Falls, Mn
Reviewed 5 October 2013

There is nothing special about this place but its good value. Room was clean. Location is good. Easy access to downtown Cleveland. Lots of restaurants and convenience shopping nearby. Would stay again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
dante012
Reviewed 30 September 2013 via mobile

Bathrooms could have been cleaner. No handicap facilities or rooms. You hear all the bumps and stomps from hall and room bellow. The breakfast attendent was terrific and friendly. Beds were soft but well used.

• Stayed October 2012
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed 30 September 2013

I stayed at this location because I received a free night from the company. It had decent reviews online, so I figured can't complain if it's free right? WRONG! I called the night before to inquire about pets and checking in. I was told that if I am not there before 11 that they generally have something available. I got there around 11:15 am and the person at the desk didn't even check- literally just said no we have nothing and our check in time is 3:00 pm. Let me just say, I completely understand this. I travel A LOT, so I have stayed in many hotels. If a hotel is unable to accommodate an early check in fine, however, it was her response and the fact she didn't even bother to check. I explained to her that I called the previous night to ask about checking in earlier than normal time and she questioned me as though I was lying. I explained that I had a dog with me and could not just leave my dog in the car, so she went to talk to someone and, poof, magically they were able to come up with a room- again without even looking. Then, as she was getting my info, the phone rang and another woman answered. I am assuming it was someone inquiring about rooms for the football game because she mentioned the game. What bothered me about this interaction was how she rudely told the person on the phone that if they cause problems or are too loud they will be kicked out without a refund. Again, I'm sure that all hotels have had their fair share of rowdy people from sporting events, I just find that it was a little presumptuous of her to infer that she knew they were going to do this- especially coming from the general manager. when I was finally handed the keys she just said here ya go, your room is to the left and all the way down. Didn't bother to even tell me which room number.
The hotel is a bit dated and besides the lcd TV's, nothing is newer. Old dingy green carpets throughout and the rooms smelled of too much heavy moisture. The sink was part of the room- not a separate part of the bathroom, but actually part of the room. The bathroom and rust and mildew in the tub. The hotel is right next to a restaurant, so if there are loud people on the patio you will hear it.
overall, for being free, I guess I shouldn't complain. But, both of my visits at laquinta inns have reminded me why I like to stick to 4 star and boutique hotels. Free or not, I wont ever stay at a laquinta again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Quad Cities IA
Reviewed 20 September 2013

This was our first visit to this hotel and Cleveland itself. The room was clean and supplies were adequate. The staff was friendly and helpful. The breakfast was typical fare for La Quinta and it was continuously monitored so nothing never ran out. As is typical with many motels of this price range, the bathroom sink was part of the room instead of in a separate area separated by a door. This was not good for two people with different wakeup times!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Independence
Red Roof Inn Cleveland - Independence
Comfort Inn Independence
Comfort Inn Independence
#12 of 14 in Independence
Hampton Inn and Suites Cleveland Independence
Hyatt Place Cleveland/Independence
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cleveland-Independence
La Quinta Inn & Suites Cleveland Macedonia

Been to La Quinta Inn Cleveland Independence? Share your experiences!