“Great Stay”

Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Independence
Rockton, IL
“Great Stay”
Reviewed 25 November 2013

My husband had some appointments with the Cleveland Clinic so we stayed here. We had a two room suite and when we mentioned we were going to the Cleveland Clinic, they reduced our price-that helped. The room was great!. The breakfast was fabulous! A hot breakfast with anything you could need. My husband ended up being admitted and our stay was extended so I needed to do laundry. Free laundry facilities for the guests! Bonus! I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Ed S, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Cleveland Rockside, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Thank you so much for the great feedback. My staff will be very pleased to hear we were able to exceed your expectations. We look forward to servicing you again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
Alliance, United States
Reviewed 24 November 2013

This hotel has a friendly front desk, excellent lounge atmosphere and good bartenders, the free cocktail hour and breakfast were quality food and drink, not scaled back because of the no cost. Clean rooms.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for taking the time to give us some feedback regarding your stay. My staff will be very pleased they you enjoyed your stay with us. We all look forward to servicing you again soon.
New York
Reviewed 22 November 2013

As a frequent business traveler, I think I am able to judge hotels against each other. The Embassy Suites was a very good hotel from cleanliness(I don't know what a few reviewers saw but those issues weren't present when I was there). The beds were very comfortable. The staff was very good, very friendly. The breakfast was very nice...a large selection of foods and a very extensive omelette making station. My company has held conferences here and they always do a good job. The negatives..it is an old style embassy suites, and looks it. It is dated and older, and while the breakfast had some of the widest choices I have seen, not all the food was as good. But I still liked the hotel overall and would recommend it, just be prepared for a dated hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
I am glad to hear that your overall impression was a good one. We are up for a renovation and we look forward to see what our new rooms are going to look like. The main thing is old is old but clean is clean and that is what we truly focus on here. We ensure that all of the rooms are clean and the employees are friendly. We look forward to your next visit to Independence.
Shreve, United States
Reviewed 22 November 2013

I travel a lot for group and consumer travel and trade shows. The Embassy Suites in Independence was a great facility to host a travel conference. The area around the facility is in a nice location with many restaurants to choose from. The rooms are nice and large, with a separate sleeping area. The courtyard/atrium is beautiful and very accommodating for the conference. The staff was friendly but they could improve on their customer service...hopefully they will work on that.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for taking the time to give us some feedback. I am happy to hear you enjoyed our hotel. The one thing I do also like about this hotel since I have worked at many is how accessable our meeting space is. You don't need a map when you walk around this hotel. We love to hear more about the lack of service since this isn't something that takes place often. Thanks again for your comments.
Waldorf, MD, United States
Reviewed 22 November 2013

Property was clean, staff was polite and helpful, lots of amenities. Breakfast and Manager Reception were a great bonus. Conference facilities were above and beyond - easy to maneuver. Hopefully all Embassy Suites properties are the same.

Southwest Connecticut
Reviewed 18 November 2013

I stayed at this hotel for five nights recently. The check-in and check-out process were both quick and easy.

The hotel is about a 12 to 15 minute ride from the airport. The web site indicates that the hotel shuttle does not provide service to the airport, but while I was there, I learned that it will take you to the airport. That is a serious omission on the web site. The web site also does not indicate that the shuttle will also take you to local restaurants and attractions. And you will need a car to get around if you stay here. While the location is close to restaurants, they are too far and in some cases, too dangerous, to walk to. By dangerous I mean unlit streets with no sidewalks, not dangerous as in crime ridden.

This Embassy Suites is clearly in need of a major makeover. I've stayed in more current Embassy Suites and they are so much more modern and comfortable than these older ones. I do like the idea that the bed room is a rear room, with a door so that you can virtually eliminate all hallway noise.

The breakfasts were good in that you had an assortment of hot and cold. The menu included made-to-order eggs with a variety of sides, such as bacon, sausages, taters, etc.

Dinner was also pretty good and reasonably priced. The one thing I did not like or appreciate was that one night, the restaurant had to remove all their tables for a large group meeting. In their place, the hotel put large round tables so dinner was more like being at a wedding. I didn't particularly like eating with strangers at a table after a long and busy day. I'm not anti-social, but after talking all day, the last thing I want to do is have conversations with people I do not know. I was very surprised that the hotel did this making dinner somewhat uncomfortable.

Again, not publicized, but newspapers in the pantry were free. I only found out after wanting to purchase a NY Times one day when I was there.

Overall, I would recommend this hotel if you're staying in the area. Just make sure you have a car to get around.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
I am glad to hear that your overall impression was a good one. We are up for a renovation and we look forward to see what our new rooms are going to look like. The main thing is old is old but clean is clean and that is what we truly focus on here. We ensure that all of the rooms are clean and the employees are friendly. I am sorry for the inconvenience regarding the restaurant being moved to the lobby atrium. This is the first time we had to do this. We look forward to your next visit to Independence.
Ferndale, Michigan
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Excellent experience here. Was with a conference of about 250.

Room is fantastic. We have separate sleeping quarters. Clean and spacious room. Wonderful shower. Crisp sheets. View of city. Staff did a great job with meals. Good restaurant here. Let me tell you that the breakfast is hot and with a lot of choices. Easy parking in the large lot. Accessible internet.

This property is off the beaten path from downtown Cleveland, which meant quiet rooms. Very impressed with the professionalism. Our set up for our displays is awesome. Constantly clean.