“Would not go back”

Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Independence
Buffalo, New York
“Would not go back”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2013

So I stayed in this hotel one night to take my wife to the pink concert. First I will note the check in process was very good the front desk gentleman was great. From that point on the stay was awful. When going to the elevator we were solicited by these clowns from the pyramid scheme acn. Upon entering our musty smelling room we opened our window to a lovely view of the roof and an air conditioning unit. We then tried to take a nap but couldn't because of all the kids screaming and running and going nuts in the atrium level. So we left and got lunch and made arrangements to have a cab pick us up at 6:30 pm. This was the same agent who checked us in he was great. When we returned it was the same chaotic scene. We were unable to get our complimentary happy hour drinks because we didn't have coupons. Then at 6:15 we got a rude call from a front desk woman saying our cab have arrived and to come down if we wanted it. We were told to be in lobby by 6:30. When we returned around midnight we went to bed and were woken around 1ish by people playing pool. Finally at 9:30 in the morning house keeping knocked on our door woke us up and asked what time we were leaving because checkout was at noon. I felt this was a rather embarrassing hotel stay. I thought embassy suites were supposed to be nice and if it wasn't for our interaction with first front desk agent not one good thing could be said.

• Stayed November 2013
Ed S, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Cleveland Rockside, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Truly sorry to hear about your experience. It sounds like it started off well but really went down hill after that first encounter. It is difficult even with the extra security we put on that other guest and there kids end up having a negative impact on other guest's stay. We try not to police our guest because anytime you have to do that hospitality is removed. I know we can do better than so I hope you do give us another chance. I will be sure to share your comments with my staff.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
Pittsburgh, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2013

Nice room. Clean. Nice location. Kinda noisy in the room from the atrium. Kids enjoyed the pool. Other than the omelet station, the breakfast was well below Embassy Suites standards. If I have to go back to Cleveland, I'd likely return.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for taking the time to give us some feedback. I am happy to hear you enjoyed our hotel. I am sorry to hear about your dissatifaction with our Compliementary Breakfast. THis is usually one of the highlights when guest comment about there stay with us. I will be sure to pass on your comments to my Executive Chef. He will definitely want to look into this. Thanks again for your comments.
Wakefield, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2013

Typical Embassy Suites: Great! On a Business trip having the extra room of suite reduces the stress of the trip. Complementary breakfast buffet perfect for business trip: in/out quick -- no waiting for tables / waitresses, etc. Eat what you want.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you so much for the great feedback. My staff will be very pleased to hear we were able to exceed your expectations. We look forward to servicing you again soon.
Allegan, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2013

Other than running low on a few items in the room (towels & tp), we had a great stay and will return. The evening reception and breakfast were great. The room was large enough to accommodate 6 people. Great value. Easy to get to downtown from the location as well.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for taking the time to give us some feedback regarding your stay. My staff will be very pleased they you enjoyed your stay with us. We all look forward to servicing you again soon.
Rockton, IL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

My husband had some appointments with the Cleveland Clinic so we stayed here. We had a two room suite and when we mentioned we were going to the Cleveland Clinic, they reduced our price-that helped. The room was great!. The breakfast was fabulous! A hot breakfast with anything you could need. My husband ended up being admitted and our stay was extended so I needed to do laundry. Free laundry facilities for the guests! Bonus! I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Alliance, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2013

This hotel has a friendly front desk, excellent lounge atmosphere and good bartenders, the free cocktail hour and breakfast were quality food and drink, not scaled back because of the no cost. Clean rooms.

New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2013

As a frequent business traveler, I think I am able to judge hotels against each other. The Embassy Suites was a very good hotel from cleanliness(I don't know what a few reviewers saw but those issues weren't present when I was there). The beds were very comfortable. The staff was very good, very friendly. The breakfast was very nice...a large selection of foods and a very extensive omelette making station. My company has held conferences here and they always do a good job. The negatives..it is an old style embassy suites, and looks it. It is dated and older, and while the breakfast had some of the widest choices I have seen, not all the food was as good. But I still liked the hotel overall and would recommend it, just be prepared for a dated hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
I am glad to hear that your overall impression was a good one. We are up for a renovation and we look forward to see what our new rooms are going to look like. The main thing is old is old but clean is clean and that is what we truly focus on here. We ensure that all of the rooms are clean and the employees are friendly. We look forward to your next visit to Independence.