“It's an Outback but”
Review of Outback Steakhouse

Outback Steakhouse
Ranked #12 of 46 Restaurants in Independence
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Description: Outback Steakhouse and Bonefish Grill restaurants are on opposite sides of the building.
Mahwah, New Jersey
“It's an Outback but”
Reviewed 11 March 2014 via mobile

What makes this one different is the staff. Amanda was very friendly and helpful. Attentive wait staff and manager. Great service.

Indianapolis, Indiana
“Freindly wait staff”
Reviewed 3 January 2014

Tried to get into the Bonefish, settled for the Outback, Service was good and they took back the steak and cooked again without a fuss from us or them. Served it the way we wanted it.

• Visited December 2013
Oak Park, Michigan
“Drive up with Nike's”
Reviewed 29 October 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

I am staying at the hotel across the street so I order take out. The staff at the take out are always friendly make sure the order is correct.

Visited October 2013
Cleveland, Ohio
“steak and lobster”
Reviewed 23 October 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Outback has great specials. we went for the steak and lobster just this past week, and it was great! the wood fired steaks are awesome.....

Visited October 2013
Coquitlam
“Saltiest steak ever!”
Reviewed 12 October 2013

I've been to the Outback Steakhouse before, and I have always received good service and good food for this level of restaurant, however, my most recent visit was a major dissappointment. I ordered the ribeye, medium rare, fire roasted.What I got was a medium well done steak that tasted like a slab of salt. The salty taste was overpowering. My business partner had exactly the same comment as his steak had the same issues.

We had the server replace the steaks, and the replacement ones were cooked to order, however they were still overly salty.

To the powers that be at Outback, steak spice is supposed to have spices in it, not 99% salt. They are supposed to enhance the flavor of the meat, not overpower it. The flavor of the meat was destroyed by the 'steak spices'.

I also had the french onion soup, which had a distinct lack of onions in it, and the hot chicken wings, which were done differently than I was expecting, but I quite enjoyed.

Unfortunately, the Outback Steakhouse is not on my list of restaiurants to visit again anytime soon.

• Visited October 2013