“Always stop here”

Add it.
Babushka's
Cuisines: Polish
Reviewed 4 July 2013

Every time we visit Cleveland/Independence we make sure we eat here at least once. If you love polish food to us, this is the place to go. So many of the tastes and smells remind me of my Mother's cooking. The pigs in the blanket are very good (they don't use spaghetti sauce, thank goodness), the pierogis are good and they have a good variety of flavors, and I love the czarnina - just like my Aunt Clara used to make. The wait staff are very friendly. Will be back next time we visit, again and again! :) Wish they delivered to Georgia!

Only negative is that they are closed on Sunday and Monday.

1  Thank extra1
There are newer reviews for Babushka's

Reviewed 1 May 2013

Food is mediocre. My real issue is the customer service. One of the main reasons we tried it was due to having a JB Dollar 1/2 price certificate. I was told that JB went out of business and would not honor the contract. Therefore, they were not taking the certificates. There is no signage, absolutely nothing informing you of this. Worst.... they did not offer to take anything off the bill. The did not take any responsibility or try to keep a customer happy. It is only $8 lost, but a lot more is lost in in principle here. Do you really want to eat at place that cares that little about customers? It makes you wonder how clean the kitchen and staff really are.

Reviewed 14 March 2013

I drove from Aurora just to have a fish and pierogie dinner during Lent. We always had great meals and service at the old location so thought this would be no different. Boy was I wrong!!! They should definitely stick to the regular menu. The fish was aweful!! Pierogies were good. I've never written a review before but felt I had to after this experience... Closing time is at 8:00pm. Don't think about staying a minute over that!! I have 2 young children that had to endure the powerful smell of bleach because it was 8:00pm and mopping the floor was appropriate with customers still there....really?! I hope they don't do this to other people in the future...not really good for business.

1  Thank nc00
Reviewed 10 February 2013

We have frequented this restaurant many times and have had great food and service. However, it appears that this restaurant was written up in a local paper and everything is now a nightmare. We had a 35 minute wait to be seated, 25 minute wait for someone to take our order (though we did get our drinks pretty fast but had to ask for refills), and a 25 minute wait for food. They did not seem prepared for the onslaught of customers. Our waitress also wasn't very pleasant. Either won't return for a while until they get their act together or will do take out. Also, make sure you check what they are out of when you sit down - after that long while of waiting to get our order taken, we find that they didn't have "enough food" to put together the sampler that was advertised in the waiting area.

1  Thank girlcat
Reviewed 8 January 2013

Seriously big portions, my recommendation is to work really hard to choose what you want and limit the number of items. Then go a la carte! The pierogies were really really good as was the fresh kielbasa.

2  Thank daphne r