“Hidden Gem”

L.A. Pete Za
Ranked #34 of 46 Restaurants in Independence
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed 30 June 2014

With all of the glitzy chain surrounding this restaurant, I truly believe this place is a hidden gem. I've dined here a few times, most recently this past Saturday with my wife. We came for breakfast and were more than satisfied. Your really have your choice of places to go to breakfast in this area, but I wanted to go somewhere that had that "small diner charm". This place was it! Small prices, BIG portions of great food! Friendly wait staff, spacious dining area and they even bake made to order desserts. ANYONE visiting the city and staying in the area really needs to visit here. We will DEFINITELY be returning.

1  Thank dewloc2

Reviewed 14 June 2014

I always look for non-chain locations and this one fit the bill! It was a great breakfast at a good price and the service was very good. The decor was tired but I wasn't looking for a palace. Loved the omelet selection - wide variety of local themes which I thought mad it homey.

Reviewed 7 November 2013

I travel for work and it is sometimes hard to find a place that you feel as comfortable as being at home in a restaurant. Although when home I am not served as I am usually the one cooking.

Be that as it may I have always been greeted with a warm smile and a "Hey, How are you?" The food is all good. I have gotten to the point where I just asked to be surprised and I get what ever the waitress decides is good that day. Although I have never had a bad meal there. Prices are very reasonable and the serving sizes are perfect for a hungry person.

Reviewed 16 March 2013

We went here to try the pizza. It's all homemade and the topping selection is outstanding. Food was delicious. Service was very prompt. I wish they had a few appetizers listed on the menu--it would be a nice addition. Will definitely go back and try other pizzas regularly. Good job guys...

1  Thank cuzi