“Mixed Feelings”

Ranked #22 of 46 Restaurants in Independence
Price range: US$14 - US$37
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Hibachi Steakhouse is a locally owned restaurant that has been in the business since 1988. We specialize in Hibachi style cooking and can accommodate small and large parties. We also have Hibachi dining available at your own private table as well as an express lunch option where our Hibachi chefs will cook your food fresh from the grill. Find us on the corner of Rockside and Brecksville(SR21) located behind Wendy's next to Chipotle in the Rockside Corners Plaza.
“Mixed Feelings”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

I went here for lunch today and while I know it looks clean inside, it smells like a dirty kitchen throughout the joint. I sat at the sushi bar with my coworker and the sushi chef did a nice job, I was impressed because the food was fresh and tasty, but I couldn't get past the smell. I don't know if it's a lunch special or just a Wednesday special, but it was buy one roll get one half off, so I left with 2 rolls being $8. I was pleased with that, but I hope they get the grunge smell out of there!

• Visited June 2014
, Manager at Hibachi Steakhouse and Sushi Bar, responded to this review, 6 January 2015
laurney13,

I am very sorry for the smell that you experienced while dining at the sushi bar. We want our guests to enjoy their experience from the moment they open the front door to the moment they leave. Wednesdays and Sundays are buy one sushi roll get one half off (excluding deep fried rolls) so we are glad to hear you at least got a value despite your experience. We hope you join us for BOGO 1/2 off sushi again soon and have a much better experience than your last.

Kernersville, North Carolina
“Best sushi”
Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

Visiting the Cleveland area and was craving sushi and came across this place. I went about lunch time and they were pretty busy but i didnt wait long at all to get a table, drinks and food. The house salad was phenomenal and I had the basic shrimp tempura and the spicey crab roll (which I got together in a combo) and all I can say is that it was absolutely delicious. The staff was very friendly and the atmosphere was pleasing. The prices were affordable and I would definitely visit again

allupnit,

Thank you for your review for Hibachi Steakhouse and Sushi Bar in Independence, Ohio. We are happy to help feed your sushi craving while you are away from home. Lunch time at our restaurant i s always fast paced. We do not want our customers to feel rushed but we also do not want them waiting on us when they have to go back to work. Thank you for sharing that you had a fast experience with great food and service during a busy lunch hour. We look forward to serving you again when you come back to Cleveland, Ohio.
Cleveland, Ohio
“Not worth your time or money”
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Unapologetic on crappy service and forgetting crucial portions of a take out order. Not enough decency to make it right and did not care enough to have owner call me. The portions were small and not well prepared. The salad was limp the soup was just broth with some accidental floatees. You can find a better hibachi experience elsewhere.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank skelly101
skelly101,

We are sorry for your terrible experience at our restaurant. Although you just got a to go order and were not an actual dining customer, there is no reason that the staff members should have treated you so poorly. We hope you consider giving us a second chance some day and receive much better service from all of us.
Cleveland, Ohio
“Must visit Hibachi spot!”
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Great teriyaki and unbelievably yummy yum yum sauce. Highly recommend the ribeye, shrimp, and noodles. Also tried the bourbon chicken since I've never seen that before and wow delicious. Also got a deep fried Volcano sushi roll which was great. Interior is beautiful and traditional . Staff is so accommodating, chefs are hilarious and family friendly, and service was great. Hidden in the corner of a plaza but don't be fooled, it's huge inside. They also advertise express lunch, so I'll be trying that out next!

• Visited December 2013
Sharon R,

Thank you for the great review about our Hibachi Grill. It is worthwhile to hear that our customers are satisfied all around from the sauces served to the staff that accommodated your needs. We hope to see you back for our express lunch. Starting as low as $8.00 you can have the same hibachi and sushi available at dinner delivered to your private dining table or to go in less than 15 minutes. We cannot wait to serve you and your family again.
Independence
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best hibachi in cleveland Ohio area”
Reviewed 7 January 2014

My children took me there for my birthday. The food was cooked in front of us. And the cook was very entertaining excellent food and service.

• Visited October 2013
Sandra Z,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our Hibachi Grill. We are happy to help make your Birthday more memorable. Thank you for the compliments regarding the chef, food and service and we hope to provide you with an even better experience on your next visit!