“Convenient and Comfortable”

Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Independence
Long Valley, NJ
“Convenient and Comfortable”
Reviewed 12 August 2005

Had the Hilton Cleveland South been a bit less convenient to downtown Cleveland or less generously priced, we might have had a few (very minor) gripes. But after spending two nights here in late June and enjoying its considerable amenities for just over $100 a night, we thought this property really delivered in terms of value.

We really liked the adjoining indoor and outdoor pools and the pleasantly landscaped surrounding courtyard. The grounds and the common areas of the property are nicely maintained. With specific regard to our room however, we would agree with one of the other reviewer's comments concerning a needed upgrade. We didn't detect any lack of cleanliness but the furnishings in general were a bit drab and could do with a facelift.

We found the staff pleasant enough although the comment from another reviewer who noted no offers for assistance with luggage doesn't surprise me. There does seem to be a general distant feeling from the staff that seems somewhat out of character with the Hilton brand.

Nevertheless, even in spite of the hideous construction out front on Rockside Road, we found that we could access Jacobs Field and downtown Cleveland literally within five minutes. A late day swim in that excellent pool complex after returning from the "Jake" on a steamy Cleveland summer afternoon confirmed our feelings of general satisfaction for this property.

• Stayed June 2005
2 Thank WRC6

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 10 August 2005

Just stayed here for a weekend, would NOT stay here again. We were checked into a room that was dirty and remained dirty for the rest of our stay (even though housekeeping did clean??) Upon check in we saw 2 HUGH spiders in the bathroom (gross). Bathroom in general was very disgusting, I tried not to touch the floor or any fixtures without first using a towel. The water pressure in the shower was non-existant. The bed ruffle was dirty, there were stains on the walls and ceilings, I could go on and on...this hotel is in desperate need of a renovation. I am sure there are much nicer places to stay in the Cleveland area.

• Stayed August 2005
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Canal Winchester, Ohio
Reviewed 30 May 2005

I stayed with my daughter at the Hilton South in Cleveland last Saturday night. This hotel is off a main road that is a complete disaster due to the heavy construction. Be careful! This road is dangerous! The hotel is located on top of hill. This small road is also under construction. Be careful! I am a single mother who doesn't travel much, so I was excited to be staying at the HILTON! The hotel is nice but not what I expected. The lobby is nice and well decorated. No one offered to help me and my seven year old with our bags, though. The front desk clerk was pleasant upon check in. Our room was spacious with a couch and desk. Great Comfortable Bed. Not enough pillows though. My daughter and I took a walk down to the lobby that night and the night clerk was not very attentive and almost snobbish( as if we didn't belong there). She was talking on the phone, ignoring me, when I asked for more pillows. She gave me a dirty look and said, "I'll get them for you," then hastedly got back on the phone. (As if I was annoying her). The indoor pool is small but cozy. Not enough towels supplied. The hot tub was great! The exercise room was so small! I think they had full size mirrors to make the room look bigger and not for people to watch themselves exercise. This hotel was nice but average. It did smell great though! NO ODORS HERE!!!! Nice place to stay but not what I imagined for a HILTON HOTEL.

Stayed May 2005