“Great place!! Slept like a log!”

Holiday Inn Cleveland Independence
Ranked #12 of 14 Hotels in Independence
Central IL
“Great place!! Slept like a log!”
Reviewed 24 June 2010

Very nice hotel - especially for the price. The bed and pillows were super comfortable. Free internet in the room. Stayed at the property because I had a meeting there for several days.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
theresagio, Manager at Holiday Inn Cleveland Independence, responded to this review, 19 July 2010
Thanks for your review of the Holiday Inn Cleveland South Independence.
I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our hotel was well-suited for your travel needs. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel the next time you are in the area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Charleroi, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 16 May 2010

This was my first time staying at this Holiday Inn. I knew that it was an older property and was a little concerned about that but those concerns quickly disappeared. I had a very confortable room and it was cleaned and prepared extremely well. All of the staff I encountered went out of their way to be sure I was satisfied with my stay. The breakfast was excellent. I didnt eat any other meals there as there I opted for one of the nearby restaurants for dinner. I would definately stay here again and recommend it to anyone

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
I appreciate you taking the time to post your review of your stay at the Holiday Inn Cleveland South Independence. So glad that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for the kind words regarding our accommodations at the hotel.
Thank you for highlighting our staff as it nice to see their efforts mentioned in your review.
Again, thank you for sharing your review here and we look forward to saying hello to you again the next time you are in the Cleveland area.
Michigan
Reviewed 15 March 2010

This was my first time to the Cleveland area and I was very apprehensive about staying at the Holiday Inn wafter seeing the pictures that are currently their website. The rooms looked completely outdated online. A friend recommended the hotel and assured me that it was nice. He was not wrong. My room was updated from bed linen, to curtains, flat screen tv, nice bathroom decor, the works. The staff was very nice and there was a club in the hotel where we went to unwind and had a great time. We went to breakfast in the hotel which had a buffet or you could order from the menu. I ordered pancakes from the menu and boy were they fluffy and hot. A first for me when ordering pancakes at a hotel restaurant. Overall, we had a great hotel stay at the Holiday Inn. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
theresagio, Manager at Holiday Inn Cleveland Independence, responded to this review, 17 March 2010
So happy to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your time at the Holiday Inn Independence hotel. It is always nice for us to hear the experiences of our guests, so we appreciate that you took the time to write a review.
We are glad that you enjoyed our restaurant and lounge, as well as our wonderful guest rooms and friendly staff!
We are currently in the process of revising our website to reflect our newly renovated property.
We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you find yourself back in the area. We appreciate all of your compliments and will look forward to your return.
NY
Reviewed 19 September 2009

If you don't mind driving into Cleveland for the game, Rock and Roll, etc. then this is a pretty good place to stay. Renovations almost done-only the bathrooms in the lobby were not finished. Rooms were clean and nice, free internet, friendly staff, etc. Did not dine in hotel. Outback, Bob Evans, etc. within walking distance.
Nightclub was very active on the Thurs and Fri night. Interesting crowd on Friday night .
I would look for a place in the City but if you need to stay in Independence this place is not bad.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled on business
barriga2006
Reviewed 29 August 2009

I stayed here for 4 days, and i have to say that i desagree with some of the other reviews, my stay here was very good overall. They are almost done renovating the hotel so i didnt have any problem with that.
1. I cheked in really fast.
2. I got a room in the third floor which is one of the "new" floors. My room was really nice,all the furniture was new, the bed was really comfortable, new LCD tv, clean and nice bathroom. Not a fancy rooom, but for the price, its very good.
3. My room got clean everyday very nicely, sometimes in the mornings sometimes in the afternoons, but the girl that did it was really nice a attentive, i guess the have some kind of program where they take students from around the worl and let them work in the hotel, I thought this was cool, this girl was from columbia, did a nice job. I gave her a tip and she was surprisly grateful.
4. The breakfast was ok, loved the muffins.
5. Free wireless internet. Worked very well.
I was really busy when i stayed here, but i didnt really have any problem, which is good, I only called to get som fresh towels and i got them within a few minutes. The staff was really nice. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled solo
Pell City, Alabama
Reviewed 30 June 2009

When we arrived, they were still doing renovations, but our floor was finished. It looks great! Nice decor and clean, updated rooms. Everything was clean. We stayed in a king room, and there was plenty of room. Breakfast was good and not completely unreasonable as far as price goes. Overall, this was a very pleasant stay. I expected the worst after reading the reviews, but they have completely made over this hotel.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
Pittsburgh, PA
Reviewed 23 March 2009

We stayed at the Holiday Inn, Independence for 2 nights in March. We drove up from Pittsburgh to ride the CVSR train and visit the zoo. This hotel was booked on Hotwire for $54/nt and were happy with the experience. The room was your basic hotel room with 2 dbl beds, TV, and separate bathroom. The room was dated, but clean and the beds were fine. The kids loved the pool/sauna and it was never crowded. The buffet breakfast was OK and kids ate free. The location is great with a bunch of restaurants and businesses located nearby.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with family