Red Roof Inn Cleveland - Independence
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewsfront deskroom was cleanopened the doorbob evansrock and roll hallnon smokingfirst floorcoffee makereasy accessmini fridgenice stayrosieclevelandmotelflooringinnssmoke
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 July 2012

My wife and I stayed here for two nights and had a very nice experience.The staff was great and very helpful and the room was just enough for the two of us.The AC worked great.It's all non smoking rooms but they have a picnic table set up for smokers where we met up with some other guests and had a good time.It's very close to I77, literally just a minute or so off 77.There are places to eat within walking distance,Dennys, Bob Evans,DelMonicos Steak house,Shulas 2, and the Winking Lizard which had good wings and a LARGE beer selection(our choice).It's also right off a main highway so you are close to other stores if you need something you may have forgotten.And you are about a 10-15 minute drive to downtown Cleveland
Overall a great place for the price,the only down side is there is no pool.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
ClevelandAM, Manager at Red Roof Inn Cleveland - Independence, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2012

Dear "mook23"
Thanks so much for writing a review about your recent stay at our newly renovated Independence location. We're glad to hear your stay was pleasant! It's nice that you were able to use the smoking area and even meet some other travelers! Safe travels and we hope to see you the next time you're in Cleveland.

Reviewed 27 June 2012

My cousin and I stayed here when it was in the 90's in Cleveland. From inside the room you would never tell. It wasn't damp or musty from humidity like most motels are. The A/C wasn't too loud that it drowned out the TV or conversation. The rooms were spectacular. Granted it had just been remodelled, but the beds were comfortable and everything was very clean. It's directly accross the street from a Winking Lizard that had awesome staff. The staff at the hotel was also very friendly and welcoming. The only downfalls were that the room didn't have a coffee maker or hair dryer. Denny's is right down the strip and we had no problem getting a cup of coffee as soon as we were seated. Very impressed, would stay again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 10 July 2012

Thank-you for taking the time to write a review on your stay! It's great to read all of the positive feedback and I'm so glad we exceeded your expectations! I'd like to remind you that we do offer fresh brewed coffee in our Lobby 24/7, and our Superior King rooms feature a coffee maker, as well as microwave and refrigerator. You might want to our Superior King room on your next visit. Happy travels!

Reviewed 21 June 2012

While my daughter had a procedure done at the Cleveland Clinic we stayed here. Our room was clean and brand new. We enjoyed our 3 day stay and got to know some of the staff who were all quite nice.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 10 July 2012

I want to thank-you for staying with us during your time in Cleveland and I appreciate you taking the time to write a review. I'm glad you like our brand new rooms. It's great to hear the positive comments about my staff as well - they work hard at making our guests feel at home.
Thanks again, Jon

Reviewed 17 June 2012

My husband and I and our kids stayed here on a Saturday night for an Indians game...so did a group of loud drunken partyers who stayed outside our room on the balcony past 3 am. Had to run a/c all night to drown them out and front desk clerk shrugged at us the next morning, said they couldn't control guests' behavior. I'll keep that in mind next time and stay elsewhere. P.S. While in the lobby, my husband overheard another guest at checkout complain that something was biting him in bed all night...yuck.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank MamaSweet
Jon B, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Cleveland - Independence, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2012

I am truly sorry for the noise caused by other guests. We certainly do not condone congregating outside of guest rooms and we would have immediately addressed this had we known about it. At Red Roof we understand the importance of a restful night and we strive to meet our guest's complete satisfaction each and every day. Please contact me directly should your travels bring you back to Cleveland - I will personally do what I can to insure a restful night for you and your family.

Reviewed 8 June 2012

We enjoyed our 3-night weekend stay in this recently renovated motel. We wern't looking for an on-site pool, restaurant, bar, exercise room or "free" breakfast, so this was a great value for about $70/night. The room was clean, the bed comfortable, and everything worked. There are 4 chain restaurants within an easy 100-yard walk and the entrance to the expressway only 1/4 mile away. We could get anywhere in Cleveland in 10-12 minutes. On Friday-Saturday nights there was some drinking and smoking going on in the parking lot, but it didn't bother us in our second-floor room. We would stay here again in a minute the next time we are in Cleveland.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple