Red Roof Inn Cleveland - Independence
US$141
Residence Inn
US$139
US$135
All reviewsfront deskroom was cleanopened the doorbob evansrock and roll hallnon smokingfirst floorcoffee makereasy accessmini fridgenice stayrosieclevelandmotelflooringinnssmoke
Reviewed 27 August 2012

I have occasionally stayed at Red Roof Inns with some of them being good and others not so good. We found this one to be updated, clean, and comfortable--albeit a little spartan compared to other hotels, it was just fine for one night. However, we were awakened in the middle of the night by revelers who thought everyone wanted to hear their music played loudly at 3 a.m.! It took several verbal complaints by us and calls to the office to get them quiet. I don't know why the police weren't contacted frankly. This is not the first time that we've experienced noisy guests at a Red Roof Inn, so I'll be wary of booking one again. Other than that, it was a fine hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
ClevelandAM, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Cleveland - Independence, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2012

Thank-you for taking the time to write a review about your stay this past weekend. I'm so glad to hear that you found your room to be clean and comfortable, and that you like our renovated rooms. I am truly sorry for the noise caused by another guest. Please accept my apologies for my staff's delay in resolving it quickly. If your travels bring you back to Cleveland, we hope that you'll give us another opportunity to provide you a comfortable and restful stay. Thank-you for choosing Red Roof.

Reviewed 25 August 2012

The stay was great. The General Manager, Richard Mollisson, was very accomodating. I especially liked the service and would definitely visit there again.The restaurants around the area were very good and this location is very easy to get to. I would recommmend staying here to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business

Thanks so much for writing a review. It's great to read that Richard was very accomodating!
Thank you for recognizing his commitment. I've known him several years and agree that he treats our guests like family, and really sets the tone for our entire hotel team. We look forward to having you as our guest again the next time you're in Cleveland!

Reviewed 24 August 2012

I ordered the same room on the internet for a stay in Independence thankfully only ONE night and for TWO nights in Willoughby.

INDEPENDENCE was AWFUL. The list of things they did not provide COMPLETELY changes the entire reservation - false advertising.

WILLOUGHBY PROVIDED EVERYTHING THEY ADVERTISED FOR THE RESERVATION!

Just remember that every Red Roof is not going to be what you see on their website!

Room Tip: Don't stay in Independence Ohio!
Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family

Thank-you for sharing your experience at Red Roof Inn. Our newly renovated locations like Independence, offer a 100% Smoke-free atmosphere, new modern design flooring, new high end bedding, flat screen TVs and more.
I'm very interested in hearing more specifics about any discrepencies you found in the website. Please feel free to contact me directly to discuss and I will be happy to address them.
Thank-you for choosing Red Roof Inn.

Reviewed 20 August 2012

We stayed here on a Saturday night because we had plans in downtown Cleveland. It is a good area to stay in. Rates are a little cheaper than surrounding hotels and it is a short drive to downtown. Very convenient, right off I-77 and close to shopping and several restaurants. That being said, the hotel could use some improvements. We did have a remodeled room which was nice and clean but still missing a few things. The room is very small. We had 4 adults staying in one room, it was very crowded. There wasn't a table in the room and only one chair. So besides the beds, no where else to sit. There were only 2 towels and wash clothes, even though the reservations said 4. No iron or hair dryer in the room. Now we did get more towels and they did offer the hair dryer and iron, but we had to go to the lobby and get them ourselves. TV was not great. Only got a few stations and half were fuzzy. Didnt bother us much, as we were only there for one night, but for long term it would've been frustrating. We would stay here again but now we know what to expect and plan according.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
ClevelandAM, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Cleveland - Independence, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2012

Hello and thank-you for writing a review of your recent stay with Red Roof. I'm glad your newly renovated room was nice and clean. My staff takes great pride in providing fresh and clean rooms at the best price around. We look forward to seeing you again when your travels bring you to Cleveland. Thanks for choosing Red Roof Inn!

Reviewed 14 August 2012

The staff at the hotel was very friendly and willing to help with anything you needed. The room accomodations are what you expect for a discount hotel. I know the hotel cannot control the caliber of the guests, but there were some pretty shady characters when we stayed there. Nothing bad happened but it was slightly unnerving at times. I know that sounds snobbish and I normally am not sensitive to such things, but it was very noticable especially with many people hanging outside of their rooms.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
ClevelandAM, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Cleveland - Independence, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2012

Dear "G R Scott,"
Thank-you for staying with us and for taking the time to write a review. It's great to hear that my staff provided exceptional service, I will be sure to share your comments with them. At Red Roof we pride ourselves on great service and clean rooms while providing a good value to our guests. If your travels bring you back to Cleveland I hope you'll stay with us again. Safe travels.