“Poor service!”

Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Independence
Buffalo, New York
“Poor service!”
Reviewed 5 August 2013

Made my reservations through AAA knowing that it was a cheaper hotel. Before leaving Buffalo, NY we called and asked if they had portable cribs. The desk clerk answered yes, and I asked if one could be reserved for our reservation. They stated yes. When we got there, 3 and half hours later, the desk clerk ( a different one) stated that all of thier portable cribs were broken so they had none. The woman told me she would comp my room for us to make up for the fact that I had to spend the night trying to keep a one year old in bed with me. I had her write it on my receipt to ensure that if a new clerk came on, they would know not to chargeme in the morning. When I checked out I double checked with the clerk to make sure we weren't being charged. The morning clerk verified we weren't being charged, and we headed home. Today my credit card bill came in, and there is a charge. I had to call the credit card company to put in a dispute, and call Red Roof Inn and deal with a third person, in order to get this charge taken off my card. I am now waiting to make sure the charge is taken off of my card. In addition when I pushed the bed against the wall, to keep my daughter from falling off the side I wasn't sleeping on, the rug was filthy, showing that the staff doesn't move the beds when cleaning the floors. The staff did their best to help with this situation, so I didn't take it out on them, but I found the situation rather disheartening. I think I will just pay more money next time to stay at a better establishment and pack my pack n play, rather than trust hotel clerks. How frustrating. And to think, they have a AAA rating of two diamonds and a tripadvisor sticker displayed in their lobby.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Kurtis S, Manager at Red Roof Inn Cleveland - Independence, responded to this review, 19 August 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am so very sorry that we fell short of meeting your expectations. I sincerely apologize for there not being a crib available for you when you checked-in and the issues that you experienced with your billing. New cribs were recently purchased to replace the ones that had been broken. I have also addressed the housekeeping issues that you had experienced as well. We do like to offer our guest a nice clean and comfortable room. Would you please contact me directly to let me know which room you stayed in? That way I can make sure we address your concerns. Hopefully you will give us a second chance the next time your travel plans require lodging in the Cleveland/ Independence area.

Kurt

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
New Port Richey
Reviewed 1 August 2013

On arriving at 4:15pm with a reservation was told no rooms were available for "at least another hour". So we went 30 minutes back to downtown with all our luggage and valuables still in the car. When we got back, our room smelled like smoke and the bedspread had a cigarette burn on it. Since we were going to potentially be "charged $200 for smoking in the room" we reported it to the manager- no action on her part to offer another room. We treated to the lovely sounds of loud motorcycles most of the night. The room was basic and the bathroom did not have enough towels for 3 people. And finally, I hope you are not hungry for breakfast when you wake up because where isn't ANYTHING for breakfast.

Room Tip: Bring your own food, soundproofing material, Frebreeze and extra towels.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Gary R
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am so very sorry that we fell short of meeting your expectations. We do not offer a complimentary breakfast; however there is a Bob Evans or a Denny’s within walking distance that server breakfast. The addition problems that you describe are certainly not the normal here. Would you please contact me directly to let me know which room you stayed in? That way I can make sure we address your concerns.

Edinboro, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 30 July 2013

My wife and I stayed recently and loved it! We had a reservation at LaQuinta across the street but some how they couldn't find are reservation (whole other story) but we decided to go across the way which we are thankful we did! Cindy checked us in which she was wonderful with a lobby full of people she maintained calm. We got to are room which looked great newly renovated! We love the hard wood floors a lot more sanitary! Next day we had to check out early to go to our appointment at Cleveland clinic & met Hannah who was having conversations with everyone and knew their names! I was amazed by this because usually desk clerks don't take the time! So our conclusion is the rooms are amazing, price is right, location is wonderful but the staff is outstanding!

• Stayed July 2013
Kurtis S, Manager at Red Roof Inn Cleveland - Independence, responded to this review, 18 August 2013
Thank you taking the time to write a review. I have shared you comment with my staff and they are happy that we were able to accommodate you. We do like to offer our guests a clean and comfortable room, at an affordable price. We do take interest and strive to personalize each guests experience for them. We would like when you stay for this to be your home away from home. I glad we were able to make your experience an enjoyable one, and we look forward to seeing you again during your next stay in the Cleveland/ Independence area.

Frankfort, Kentucky
Reviewed 29 July 2013

This was our fourth time staying here. We like the fact that the hotel was recently remodeled, the staff is fantastic and the location can't be beat. The location is less than 10 minutes from Downtown Cleveland. We paid under $85 with tax for a nice room that was clean and comfortable. I recommend this Red Roof for a 2 or 3 night stay when seeing all the sights of the city.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you taking the time to write a review. I have shared you comment with my staff, and they are glad that you enjoyed your stay. We do like to offer our guests a clean and comfortable room, at an affordable price. As you have said we are conveniently located 10 minutes from downtown Cleveland. I glad we were able to make your experience an enjoyable one, and we look forward to seeing you again during your next visit to the Cleveland/Independence area.

Lapeer, Michigan
Reviewed 19 June 2013

The room was pretty nice. Nicer than I expected. No breakfast is a downside. The weekend nights are loud around the property. People outside my door being loud. Cops even showed up. Overall room was more than worth money. Good for extended stays with fridge and microwave.

Room Tip: Select the upgraded king room.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Kurtis S, Manager at Red Roof Inn Cleveland - Independence, responded to this review, 25 June 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the room. Although we do not offer a breakfast, Bob Evan and Denny’s are both within walking distance and server Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner. We do work closely with the Independence Police Department to maintain the noise level and control the disturbances on property, along with making sure that all of our guests are safe. We do like for our guest to leave well rested with a good night sleep. We are glad to hear about your experience and we look forward to seeing you again during you next stay in the Cleveland/Independence area.

Newton, Massachusetts
Reviewed 15 June 2013

Came here for our daughter's graduation. Also booked my mother and sister.
We didn't expect much but it was much nicer than we expected. My brother had
intended to come but bowed at at the last minute. My mother and sister got
exhausted after 7 hrs of driving and stopped at a different hotel for the first night.
The staff were friendly and courteous even though I called from the road to cancel
2 rooms 1/2 hr before the 6pm deadline.
The microwave and refrigerator added to the economy of the room since we ate
our breakfast in the room.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I have shared your great comments with my staff, and they are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We pride ourselves on proving our guests with a nice, clean, comfortable room, and good service. I am glad to hear we were able to make your experience an enjoyable one, and we look forward to seeing you again during you next visit to the Cleveland/ Independence area.

Johnson City, New York
Reviewed 13 June 2013

This was an inexpensive one-night stay near Cleveland. We were passing through and wanted to stop at the zoo so this was convenient. The room was a bit cramped and, except for the floor, was generally clean and in good repair. Easy on-off the highway with a few restaurants near by. Decent value for the money this close to a big city.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I have shared your remarks with my staff and they are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are only 7 minutes from Downtown Cleveland, which makes traveling to the city easy. We do offer a package deal with the Cleveland Zoo which includes your room, two admission passes to the zoo and rainforest, along with a 10% discount coupon for the Zoo Gift Store. We are glad you enjoyed your time with us, and we look forward to seeing you again during your next visit to the Cleveland/Independence area.