Made my reservations through AAA knowing that it was a cheaper hotel. Before leaving Buffalo, NY we called and asked if they had portable cribs. The desk clerk answered yes, and I asked if one could be reserved for our reservation. They stated yes. When we got there, 3 and half hours later, the desk clerk ( a different one) stated that all of thier portable cribs were broken so they had none. The woman told me she would comp my room for us to make up for the fact that I had to spend the night trying to keep a one year old in bed with me. I had her write it on my receipt to ensure that if a new clerk came on, they would know not to chargeme in the morning. When I checked out I double checked with the clerk to make sure we weren't being charged. The morning clerk verified we weren't being charged, and we headed home. Today my credit card bill came in, and there is a charge. I had to call the credit card company to put in a dispute, and call Red Roof Inn and deal with a third person, in order to get this charge taken off my card. I am now waiting to make sure the charge is taken off of my card. In addition when I pushed the bed against the wall, to keep my daughter from falling off the side I wasn't sleeping on, the rug was filthy, showing that the staff doesn't move the beds when cleaning the floors. The staff did their best to help with this situation, so I didn't take it out on them, but I found the situation rather disheartening. I think I will just pay more money next time to stay at a better establishment and pack my pack n play, rather than trust hotel clerks. How frustrating. And to think, they have a AAA rating of two diamonds and a tripadvisor sticker displayed in their lobby.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This property is newly renovated and 100% Smoke-Free! The Superior King room features a King-sized bed, desk with large work area, microwave and mini refrigerator. Our Standard Double features 2 extra long full-sized beds, desk and comfortable seating. All rooms include free wireless internet. This location is within walking distance to great restaurants. 10 minutes to Downtown Cleveland, Horseshoe Casino, Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, and many other attractions. Easy access to interstates I-77, I-480, I-80, I-271, and I-90. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Red Roof Inn, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Red Roof Inn Cleveland - Independence reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Red Roof Inn Independence
- Independence Red Roof Inn
- Red Roof Inn Cleveland - Independence Ohio