Red Roof Inn Cleveland - Independence
Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Independence
Reviewed 24 April 2014

I wasn't sure what to expect after some of the reviews, but this hotel was very nice, clean and a friendly staff. It's close to the highway and there are plenty of stores and places to eat that are close. I would stay here again without any concerns.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Jon B, Manager at Red Roof Inn Cleveland - Independence, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

Dear Beth:
Thanks for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us at the Red Roof Independence. I'm glad that you found your room clean and that my staff was friendly - we love hearing comments like that! We look forward to seeing you again when your travels bring you back to Cleveland.
Warm regards,
Jon

Reviewed 15 April 2014

We stayed here on a spontaneous weekend. Our room was clean but it smelled like the septic had backed up. The bed was terribly uncomfortable. Probably would have been better off sleeping on the floor. The walls are paper thin and you can hear literally everything in all the other rooms. We had to go find someone to get clean towels. When we asked for an extra pillow the woman pointed at the door next to ours which was the laundry room. The lady in there was too busy on her cell phone to help us. We actually left a day early. Rather drive home than stay another night in there.

• Stayed: April 2014
Kurtis S, Manager at Red Roof Inn Cleveland - Independence, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. The issues that you experienced are not the norm. We often hear our guests raving about our newly renovated rooms and our great customer service. We have updated the rooms with all new Serta Mattresses, Flat Screen TVs along with an updated cable package, free Wi-Fi, and free local and long distance calling within the continent of the United States. We strive to provide our guests with a clean, comfortable, and affordable room. We hope you give us another opportunity to show you the true value of our property the next time you are in the Cleveland/Independence area.

Reviewed 12 April 2014

The bedroom and bathroom are clean and maintained. Sheets were clean and well taken care of. I was disappointed that the room did not have a refrigerator nor a microwave. I did make the trip back down to ask for another room that did have a microwave / refrigerator. I was told that there were none left at 4 pm in the afternoon and only 5 cars in the parking lot. If you are in need of those items, I would recommend making prior arrangements for them to be in the room.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We pride ourselves on providing our guests clean and comfortable rooms at an affordable price. Our Superior King or Deluxe Double rooms offer a microwave and refrigerator, iron and ironing boards, and hairdryers in the rooms. These are our most popular room types and sell quickly. Thank you again for your kind words and we hope to see you again during your next visit to the Cleveland/ Independence area.

Reviewed 3 April 2014

I checked into this Red Roof on March 26, 2014 and lord and behold I seen CJ the same person that checked me in at the Red Roof in Willoughby. To my surprise he remembered exactly who I was. He was such a doll in Willoughby and nothing changed, still had the biggest and most friendly smile. We talked and catched up. My ENTIRE stay was super seeing my favorite desk clerk was just icing on the cake.

Room Tip: ASK IF CJ's THERE!!! also SUPERIOR ROOMS if staying longer then 1 night. They are a little highe...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Kurtis S, Manager at Red Roof Inn Cleveland - Independence, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2014

Thank you for your kind words. CJ is an important member of the Red Roof Inn team and has assisted at multiple locations. I am glad to hear that CJ was able to personalize your stay and add to your experience. We often hear guest raving about the time we take to provide great customer service and personalize each guests stay. I have forwarded your comments to CJ’s supervisor and we will make sure he receives recognition for a job well done. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again during your next visit to the Cleveland/ Independence area.

Reviewed 2 April 2014

I traveled to Cleveland again this month and again stayed at the Red Roof Inn in Independence. As always the desk staff was very friendly. Cindy again welcomed me back as she always does. She knows the floor I prefer and is always very professional. The value of the property is always appreciated. I will be back again next month. Thanks again for always making me feel at home.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Kurtis S, Manager at Red Roof Inn Cleveland - Independence, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2014

Welcome back Dave! I'm glad to hear that we can make you feel right at home during your travels. Cindy is a great staff member and a very important part of our team. It's always nice to hear that we are able to accommodate a returning guest and when we are able to personalize your experience. We strive to provide great customer service, and to make our guests feel just as comfortable as if they were at home. Thanks again for the kind words and we look forward to your next stay.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 31 March 2014

We checked in later on in the evening. The front desk was out of extra pillows & towels so we were told to use the hand towels. The room was clean but smelled a bit musty/stuffy. The beds were comfortable enough but the sheets were very itchy. One reason we chose this hotel was because of the no smoking rooms, this was great but people would go outside their rooms to smoke & it drifted in. If they are going to make it non smoking then it should be non smoking on the entire property. We liked the fact that it was hard wood floors, not happy about the area rugs (germs). It was decent enough for the 1 night we were there. We were pleased that they offered late checkout @ 12:00

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are taking corrective action to make sure that the issues you experienced do not occur again. This is not the norm and we often here guest’s raving about the quality of our rooms and the great customer service. We hope you give us another opportunity to show you the true value our guests have come to know during you next visit to the Cleveland/Independence area.

Reviewed 17 March 2014

Stayed here at less than half the price of the medical conference hotel site nearby. Even at 0300/3AM the clerk (lady student) was courteous, friendly, and helpful. If available, a free upgrade with microwave, frig, safe, iron, etc. may be offered (it was). Mattress was superior quality, firm and with plush top cover. It was very clean. To assure this, rugs were only at the entrance and at bedside, to make cleaning more effective, efficient, and assured. It is at a malor interchange, but upon a hill, removed from street noise.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Kurtis S, Manager at Red Roof Inn Cleveland - Independence, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

Thank you for writing a review and your kind words. We often hear guest rave about our room quality and price. We have upgraded to Serta Mattresses in all of our rooms to provide our guests superior sleep quality. Thank you again for your kind remarks and we look forward to seeing you again during your next visit to the Cleveland/ Independence area.

Kurt