“What a perfect surprise!”

Red Roof Inn Cleveland - Independence
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Independence
Norwalk, Ohio
“What a perfect surprise!”
Reviewed 30 April 2014

What a very pleasant surprise indeed! Let's start with customer service at the front desk being exceptional in the process of making me not only feel very welcome, but speed of the process. My room was immaculate from the linens to the bathroom tub. The room are accessed from the outside, but I never heard another sound once in my room to include through out the rest of my evening stay. This location was located within walking distance to the conference hotel, whose rate is $75 more than the Red Roof Inn stay. Great value and exceptional stay experience!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Jon B, Manager at Red Roof Inn Cleveland - Independence, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
Thank-you so much for the raving review of your stay in Independence. We love hearing about our great customer service - Hospitality, it's one of the many features that sets us apart from the competition. It's always great to read positive comments about our efforts in providing every guest with a spotlessly clean room. More and more we hear how much our guests love the renovated rooms, our convenient location and the great value. Thanks again for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Point Pleasant, West Virginia
Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

Nothing fancy just your normal ol' red roof. Check in took longer than average. The front door was frightening because of bad weather apparently the paint all fell off! But it was fine inside. Beds were comfy. Rooms were cheap. You can't beat it!

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
We appreciate your feedback regarding your recent stay. We're glad to hear that you found the new Serta beds comfortable and enjoyed the renovated rooms. We hear that often. You'll like to know that we are repainting the doors as the weather allows; the extreme cold temps this winter took its toll on them. We'll see you next time you're in Cleveland. Safe travels.
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Reviewed 28 April 2014

I'm a small town doctor and always look for a good value. I travelled to Cleveland for a medical convention and intentionally avoided the convention hotel whose corporate rate was $55 more than the Red Roof Inn rate. This location was convenient to the convention hotel, restaurants and the downtown area where I stayed over an extra night to take in a Cleveland Indians game. The most delightful staff was here who greeted me with a "Good Morning" and a smile every day. The rooms were clean and modern featuring a king size firm mattress, a nice desk with plenty of room and a decent size new TV with plenty of viewing choices. The wireless signal was surprisingly good here too. No complaints - it was exactly what I wanted and the price was right! I'll be back in the fall for another conference. Thank-you, Dr. Jim

Room Tip: My room on the north side had a very nice view of the Cleveland skyline in the distance!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear Dr. Jim:
Thanks very much for writing a review about your recent stay with us in Independence. I'm so glad to hear that again my team went out of their way to make you feel welcome; we strive for that. Lately we've heard often that guests choose us over some of the convention hotels because of our reasonable rates and I'm glad to see that you found us to be an excellent value. Besides the new flat screen TVs you probably noticed the new HD channels we recently added. The fact that we recently renovated our rooms from floor to ceiling with new Serta beds, plank flooring, and modern décor proves Red Roof's commitment to be a leader in the industry. We realize there are many hotel choices out there and I thank-you for choosing Red Roof. See you next time!
Warm regards,
Jon
Canada
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Easter Weekend trip to Cleveland planned for shopping/Rock and Roll Hall of Fame so we booked for two nights. Staff is extremely polite and helpful at the front desk. They told us where we could find local shopping and never made us feel like we were bothering them. The rooms are accessed from the outside and we were on the second floor in the back of one building. We had to go up wooden stairs and then our door was on a long balcony that spanned around the building. Room was musty smelling when we went in and no little frig or hair dryer (I guess we should have asked, perhaps our fault). Room not as nice as the picture made it look however you can see it has been renovated. Nice flat screen TV with great cable channels to choose from. The noise from a party of people on our floor was intolerable though. The set up of the hotel means that people can smoke right on the balcony and they stood outside our big window (our curtains were closed but how creepy it felt to hear them right there in the middle of the night!) They were loud and swearing and ran up and down the wooden stairs which echoed. That is one drawback to this type of building model. The front desk did say they would check out the situation though in the middle of the night. I was however, awoken by someone from the same party standing right outside our door yelling on his cellphone. Not the motels fault but it still made us ask to be moved for the second night of our two night stay. I must add though again that the staff was top notch and for that I gave them very good service rating.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Thank-you very much for your comments about your recent stay. It's always great to hear how our front desk agents take such good care of our guests. You are a valued guest of Red Roof Inn Independence and I appreciate this feedback so that we can ensure your comfort and that of all of our guests. Please don't hesitate to let the front desk know immediately of any noise and we will promptly address it. Thank-you for choosing Red Roof and we hope to see you again soon!
Raleigh
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

This location has been in my opinion, nicely upgraded. However, my room was not at all clean. I requested housekeeping the next day and watched as the lady responsible for my room was on the phone nonstop. We left when she finally made it to our room (still on the phone). When we returned 40 minutes later, she was still on the phone. She was at the window when we parked in front of our room. She then put the dirty sheets on her cart and left. I had requested the sheets be changed. When I entered the room, the floor was still dirty, neither the sink or tub had been cleaned. I can't be sure about the toilet. Mirror on bathroom was still dirty as it had been when we arrived. I am forwarding this to management of this property. It is a shame that someone has spent such a large amount of money for remodeling only to receive such a bad review because of housekeeping. 4/27/14 Room 130

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Kurtis S, Manager at Red Roof Inn Cleveland - Independence, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Thank you for writing a review. I am glad that I was able to talk with you in regards to the issues that you experienced during your stay. Rest assured that these issues have been addressed and we have taken preventative measure to insure that these same issues do not occur again. Thank you again for contacting me and allowing me the opportunity to assist you. We hope to see you again during your next visit to the Cleveland/Independence area.

Warm Regards,
Kurtis
New Castle, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 24 April 2014

I wasn't sure what to expect after some of the reviews, but this hotel was very nice, clean and a friendly staff. It's close to the highway and there are plenty of stores and places to eat that are close. I would stay here again without any concerns.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear Beth:
Thanks for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us at the Red Roof Independence. I'm glad that you found your room clean and that my staff was friendly - we love hearing comments like that! We look forward to seeing you again when your travels bring you back to Cleveland.
Warm regards,
Jon
Wayland, Michigan
Reviewed 15 April 2014

We stayed here on a spontaneous weekend. Our room was clean but it smelled like the septic had backed up. The bed was terribly uncomfortable. Probably would have been better off sleeping on the floor. The walls are paper thin and you can hear literally everything in all the other rooms. We had to go find someone to get clean towels. When we asked for an extra pillow the woman pointed at the door next to ours which was the laundry room. The lady in there was too busy on her cell phone to help us. We actually left a day early. Rather drive home than stay another night in there.

• Stayed April 2014
Kurtis S, Manager at Red Roof Inn Cleveland - Independence, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. The issues that you experienced are not the norm. We often hear our guests raving about our newly renovated rooms and our great customer service. We have updated the rooms with all new Serta Mattresses, Flat Screen TVs along with an updated cable package, free Wi-Fi, and free local and long distance calling within the continent of the United States. We strive to provide our guests with a clean, comfortable, and affordable room. We hope you give us another opportunity to show you the true value of our property the next time you are in the Cleveland/Independence area.

Kurtis