“Disappointed”

Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Independence
Strongsville
“Disappointed”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Due to a previously great experience at a Red Roof Inn in Columbus, Ohio and the lower price compared to other local hotels, we stayed at this location. Unfortunately, we quickly realized this was not going to be the same experience as we had before.

From the moment of check in, we felt uncomfortable, the woman at the front desk was pushy. The housekeeper came in and I had a very awkward feeling it was just bizarre. We went to our room and it was about half the size as our previous stays room (Columbus) although they both were the same type of room.

As experienced with previous reviews pictures, the tub seemed old and dirty which happens but it seemed excessive there was also little hairs on the toilet seat which was unpleasant. We ended up leaving and going across the street to another establishment.

All in all we were disppointed.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Rob K
Kurtis S, Manager at Red Roof Inn Cleveland - Independence, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Thank you Rob for taking the time to write a review. I apologize for the issues that you experienced during your stay. We strive to provide our guests clean and comfortable rooms at an affordable price. I encourage our guests that should you experience an issue during your stay, to simply contact the front desk and allow my staff to address the issue for you. I hope you will give us another opportunity to show you the true value of our inn during your next visit to the Cleveland/Independence area.

Kurtis

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 6 June 2014

My husband and I recently went to Cleveland to see the Indians sweep the Boston Red Sox (GO TRIBE!), and before we went, we found an amazing deal at this Red Roof Inn. We were a bit skeptical, since Red Roofs have had kind of a shady past, but the reviews here were positive, so, for the price, we thought we'd give it a shot.

The staff was super friendly, the room was clean, and very nice, we stayed in the Superior King, with the microwave, and the mini fridge. The bed was comfortable, the hotel was very quiet, even though they were fully booked.

The only complaint that I had was that there didn't seem to be enough parking. I had trouble finding a spot close to our room both nights that we stayed there. A suggestion I'd make is that they get double curtains, the gauzy overlay and the blackout blind, that way you could have some natural light without people looking into your room.

Other than that, we were super happy with our stay.

Room Tip: If you choose a ground floor room, but want natural light, be prepared to have people looking in you...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your kind words. We strive to provide our guests great customer service. I am glad to hear that you had a great time and got to enjoy the city of Cleveland. We are conveniently located 10 miles from downtown Cleveland. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again in the future during your next visit to the Cleveland independence area.

East Amherst, New York
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This is a "smoke-free" hotel but our first room smelled of smoke! Our second room just smelled unpleasant. The beds were comfortable and the bathroom was renovated, nice showerhead. The maid service just put new towels on our counter and didn't even remove the wet ones from the bathroom floor. There are really no amenities, no workout room, no breakfast, no fitness center. if you can get a similar price it's better to stay at La Quinta or the Comfort Inn, both right across the street.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank rooks8027
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am sorry for the issues that you experienced during your stay. We like for all of our guests to enjoy a care free stay with our clean and comfortable rooms. We were recently remodeled and upgraded all of our rooms with flat screen televisions with a new cable package, vinyl floors and all new mattresses. We hope you give us another opportunity to show you the true value of our inn the next time you visit the Cleveland/Independence area.

Solon, Ohio
Reviewed 27 May 2014

So Sad...I think this is a great find...such as well renovated hotel. Very good for the money.

Day 2 of 5...I cam back to room at 9:30 pm.....room was almost untouched.....EXCEPT room service came in and took all my dirty towels.....no clean ones? I am so sad...wanted to give them a great review....So I walked to front desk with the card showing 3 options for service including make your own bed.....replace everything and make up room with fresh towels.....I never pay attention to this, but here I did...left he request on my pillow...but who the F$#k comes into your room, take your old towels and leave NO replacement....NOt one towel! So me as not a complainer takes my room service card to front desk to verify level of service......I got a few towels upon request but ZERO accountability to clean up my room......And I am here for a week.

Red Roof.......I was so happy to give you 4 stars earlier today....I don't want a cent back, I just want my next 4 nights to not be like this one.

I wish someone would have run to the rescue.

Less than one star is not on list...and if you look at my history this is probably the worst raking I have ever give any property......I am just sad...so much potential.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Lorenzo95023
Kurtis S, Manager at Red Roof Inn Cleveland - Independence, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Dear Lorenzo,

Thank you for writing a review. The issues that you experienced are certainly not the norm. Often we hear our guests rave about the cleanliness of the room and great service that they receive while staying with us. At your earliest convenience, please contact me at the hotel in regards to the issues that you have experienced so that I can find a resolution for you.

Rockville, Maryland
Reviewed 26 May 2014

We stayed two nights in a second-floor room. Beds were comfortable. Heat/AC unit controls were broken so the unit worked only on a couple settings. Room was clean, all lights and appliances worked OK. Normally we'd return because of the good location and reasonable price, but the walls must be cardboard because all the sounds outside just came right thru. I slept OK, thanks to ear plugs.

Room Tip: Try for a room on the side farthest from Rockside.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank danbs
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am glad to hear that you found the room comfortable. I am sorry to hear that you experienced issues with noise and the AC unit not functioning correctly. We like for all of our guests to leave feeling well rested during their stay with us. At your earliest convenience, please contact me at the inn so that I may address the issues that you had experienced.

Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 16 May 2014

I chose this hotel for my recent trip for a couple of reasons - 1) the price was really reasonable & 2) they are pet friendly. I was fairly impressed. The staff were very courteous & the rooms were clean. I was a little worried due to some of the previous reviews but I pleasantly surprised. We had a room to the back of the hotel as with our dog, we wanted it to be as quiet as possible. A guest from another room was a bit of a pest during the night, which disturbed us a bit but there's not much you can do about that. The TV was a nice bonus, lots of channels to choose from. Overall, not bad for the price.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dear Amy,

Thank you for your kind words. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay. As you have mentioned we are pet friendly and newly remodeled. We have upgraded all of our rooms with flat screen TVs and a new upgraded cable package for our guests to enjoy. I am sorry to hear that another guest was disruptive during your stay. I strongly encourage our guests to contact our front desk staff should you experience an issue during your stay, so that we may address the issue for you. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you again the next time you are traveling through the Cleveland/Independence area.

Latrobe, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Clean place. Room was very clean, bathroom clean soap shampoo hairdryer. Nice TV to watch local weather forecast. , great price, friendly staff, minutes away from downtown Cleveland. Only issue was parking . Had to park around back no space available in front of room.

Room Tip: Do your research on prices and READ the reviews.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Patrick x
Dear Patrick

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We pride ourselves on providing our guests clean comfortable at an affordable price, and great customer service. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to seeing you in the future, during your next visit to the Cleveland/Independence area.