Comfort Inn Independence
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$136
Home2.com
US$128
US$80
La Quinta
Red Roof Inn Cleveland - Independence(Independence)(Great Value!)
US$73
US$68
Red Roof
US$191
US$141
Residence Inn
Courtyard by Marriott Cleveland Independence(Independence)(Great Value!)
US$150
US$146
US$97
Priceline
All reviewsasked for a quiet roomwould stay here againsmall poolmusty smelldowntown clevelandhotel is locatednew carpetbreakfast roomking bedan upgradebelgian waffleslots of pillowsfirst floorbeds were very comfortablenice hotelhousekeeping staffrestaurant options
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 March 2011

I should have known that when you pay $59.99 for a room you get what you pay for. The first thing I noticed in our room was the hair and other dirt on our bathroom floor. There was hair on the bathroom walls and the tub mat had dirt that had collected around the edges. The deadbolt lock on our door didn't work and the handle did not work properly. When closing the door you had to play with it several times to make sure it locked when it was closed. When returning to the room because the handle didn't work properly you had to work just as hard to get in the room. I ask for fitted sheets to cover the blankets on the beds because they had hair on them from the previous guest. When I went to the desk at 5:45 and ask for housekeeping to clean our bathroom I was told by the gentlemen working the front desk that housekeeping and maintenance had left for the day. He said nothing else and made no apologies. He simply didn't care. There was another woman working with him at the time so one of them could have cleaned the bathroom. I understand it wasn't their job but where is the customer service? There is none at this hotel. Breakfast ended at 10:00 and the dining area was full of families from our team still eating at 10:10. The individual working this area poured milk and juice in the sink even though there were girls that would have used these items. What a waste. She wanted to clean up and get out of there and that is what she did. She could have least ask if anyone needed anything else before she cleaned up. There is absolutely no way we will ever stay at this hotel again or would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Donna S
Reviewed 1 September 2010

I decided to stay here based on reviews and th fact that it was close to Cleveland without being in downtown Cleveland. It wasn't one of the worst but it certainly wasn't one of the best. The hotel is located pretty much right off two major highways, on a one way street behind several restuarants and a couple of hotels. But easy to find if you follow the directions. The bad the ice machine was almost none working you had to stand for 20 minutes to get one small buckets of ice, the bathroom wall behind the shower head looking like at some point the pipe had either busted or the shower head had been spraying behind because it was starting to mold and the wallpaper was coming off, the door to the room you had give it a good push or pull depend on rather you were leaving or coming in to get it to shut good behind you. The good was the breakfast, the location, it was quite you couldn't hear other guest or even the noise from outside which was a plus and parking near doors. I didn't attempt the use of the elevotor since we had a room on the first floor but it did seem to be in working order, doors that should have been key card access were only that way after 4pm anytime in the morning they were proped open with a rock which is a no-no in my book simply because you then have no clue who is coming and going. They did let me pay with cash at checkin which was a good thing seeing as how I was their for a concert and needed to know once I paid the hotel how much I had to spend all in all it was a good hotel and I would probably stay again.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank tinkerbsb
Reviewed 9 July 2010

I can not say enough about this place for the price. I was totally surprised. We got it through AAA in advance. It's right next to Don Shula's Steak House which is excellent too. Make sure that you try the Bob Evans Resturaunt which is right close. The entire staff had a great sense of humor. I know because I was cracking jokes with them all the time. You are right off of I-77 and just 15 minutes from beautiful downtown Cleveland. Indenpence is also a lovely community with very classy people.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank DaveLandes
Reviewed 3 July 2010

We were really happy with this hotel. It was clean, modern and our room was very spacious. When we visited they had a special on hot tub rooms and we got a great rate. Our room was very large and had a full-sized couch, a small kitchenette area with fridge and microwave (fridge was dorm-sized) and small coffee machine. Unlike many budget hotels, we appreciated that this one had NICE, comfy linens and blankets on the bed...not the usual scratchy hotel stuff. The hot tub was large and very nice and our room was cleaned very well each day.

There was a huge storm when we were there and the power went out. One of the staff walked us to our room and gave us candles and lent us a flashlight. He was very friendly.

The breakfast was good for "continental". They had orange and apple juices, coffee, tea, apples and bananas, cereals, pastries (muffins and danishes), bread, English muffins, bagels (for toasting) with available butter and cream cheese, jams, margarine, cubed cheese. They also had a waffle machine and guests could make their own waffles. Breakfast was available from 6-10 a.m. each day.

The pool looked really nice, but we didn't have a chance to use it.

All-in-all, we thought this was a great place to stay for the money and will stay again when we visit the area.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 February 2010

I had an early meeting at work, and the night before I stayed at this hotel because it was close to my job. My husband came along with me. Our intensions were to have breakfast in the morning at Bob Evans which is very close to the hotel, then go to work. The hotel had a $59.99 special for any type of room (should have been a warning) and we selected a suite that had a hot tub. When we checked in it was almost midnight, the room was dark, and we turned on the TV, talked for a while, munched on some food and went to sleep. Next morning we left the room I went to my meeting, and came back to the hotel with some lunch (requested a late check out) and discovered the sheets had specs of blood on them. I called the front desk and advised her of this and the General Manager came in with her entourage (housekeepers) and she said this look fresh, I said what, for one yes I am a female but if I was on my cycle why would I get a hot tub suite, or better yet call and complain about blood on the sheets unless I am a low life, low budget idiot that has no life, the General Manager name is Vanetta Zervas and she has a very nasty attitude. They made an adjustment on my bill of $25.00 the money was not the issue, it was the principle I slept on dirty sheets!!!!! I did not tell her so get a discount, but would liked some sincerity, It was not her fault, we utilized the hot tub, and slept there, so I wasn’t trying to get no money back, or a free ride..I called her to express this and she defended her staff and housekeepers, she said okay what do you want me to say, okay I am sorry for the fresh blood on your sheets! Still indicating it was from me. I advised her that I was going to give her a bad review and she said, honey I am partner and general Manager. I even told her I would like to take a Lie Detector test, just for the sake of my integrity, she laughed and said I will not open it up (results). I have removed this hotel from my company direct bill, and I have advised any one with any sanity not to stay at this hotel is it NASTY, my skin crawl every time I think of it, PLEASE DON’T STAY HERE! Very nasty hotel with nasty service!

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business