“Upgraded” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Comfort Inn Independence

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Comfort Inn Independence
Ranked #12 of 14 Hotels in Independence
Toledo, Ohio
“Upgraded”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014

When I arrived, after a hectic drive, the room I was assigned hadn't been cleaned yet. I returned to the desk and told them this. They almost immediately offered me an upgrade with no extra charge. Needless to say, I was very happy with that kind of service, and with the new room.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ComfortInnIndy, General Manager at Comfort Inn Independence, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
Thank you for allowing us to serve your hotel needs, and that we were able to accommodate you with a upgradeto a room with a view. Your kind words are greatly appreciated and shared with our staff. Hope to see you soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Cleveland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2014 via mobile

My wife and I recently stayed with comfort inn. The independence location. We stayed 2 nights 2 days. We were celebrating our anniversary !! Check in was very quick and simple. We had a King whirlpool room. We requested a room on the 3rd floor and got it.(Room 306) The room was gorgeous beautiful view of downtown Cleveland . Very quiet. Whirlpool was so relaxing . The hole in the wall that allowed us to see to the bed from the whirlpool was romantic. There was a fridge and microwave. My wife & I got the best nights sleep . They offer wake up calls. They answered all of my billions of questions and were very accommodating. We ate at The winking Lizard that was right next to the hotel. Great food. Free parking at hotel . Vending and ice machines on every floor. Wonderful continental breakfast. Great selection of breakfast items that are healthy and filling! Lots of gas stations around the area and shopping. We had such a great stay and we would love to come back! !!

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sunnib21
Thank you very much for your positive review of our Comfort Inn hotel. We are very pleased that we were able to offer you a pleasant experience on you recent visit to our area and do hope that you will be able to return soon

Independence Comfort Inn
Norwalk, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2013

Our room was clean and the bed comfy. Service was friendly. The little buck that seemed to make himself at home in front of the hotel was nice to see. Would go back again as it was conveniently located.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ComfortInnIndy, General Manager at Comfort Inn Independence, responded to this review, 8 November 2013
Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor. It is always nice to hear pleasant coments in reference to our hotel and staff. Our local deer is is always very entertaining to watch.. Glad you enjoyed your visit and all, at the Independence Comfort Inn look forward to your next visit.

Dayton, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2013

I've now stayed here numerous times since my first review.

TOP RECOMMENDATION: Ask for the 3rd floor! If you secure a top floor room, you'll have a GREAT STAY.

The First and Second floors are a noisier since you can hear foot traffic. Not terrible, but noticeable.

Staff is above and beyond friendly.

Be sure to check out the deer that stops by daily.

Room Tip: Top floor is ideal for noise sensitive travelers.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Justin0911
ComfortInnIndy, General Manager at Comfort Inn Independence, responded to this review, 29 September 2013
Thank you for your kind words. I do enjoy hearing good things about my employees.
Hopefully our up comming renovation will help with the noise. Glad you enjoyed our deer.
We look forward to your next visit.

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013 via mobile

I stayed on the second floor at this hotel for several days a week prior to this post due to the price and location. My first experience would have been ranked 3 stars- average, despite mildew smell which I traced to the compromised window growing mold in the window track.
Second visit- I am transferring my week long reservation and those of my coworkers. Numerous and obvious loooong hair in the shower in addition to pubic hair, yellow stained toilet, with missing tile. The more I looked the more filth I saw- some type of liquid dripping down the wall showed the staff clearly DO NOT clean the bathrooms. I was absolutely horrified and disgusted. It is 1:35am and I don't want to touch anything. This is the dirtiest room I have ever been in and it looks "renovated". Take a look at the pictures...

• Stayed September 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
ComfortInnIndy, General Manager at Comfort Inn Independence, responded to this review, 4 September 2013
Dear Guest

Please accept my apology for the displeasure you experienced at our hotel.

We will be undergoing renovationg many more of our rooms very shortly, as I am

writing this responce we are installing new windows and new bedding in all rooms.

I do hope you will give us another opportunity to show that we can and will do better.

Burlington, Ontario
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2013

My wife and I were joined by 5 other couples for a weekend stay while we visited the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. The hotel is located close to major highways in a suburb of Cleveland. In the immediate vicinity are a number of other mid-range hotels and a good selection of restaurants that spans all budgets.

The hotel received mixed reactions from our group. In terms of accommodations, most found the hotel to be acceptable. Generally our collective opinion was that the rooms were a good size and comfortable (though rather dated in décor), the beds were comfortable beds and the climate control worked well. Two couples found their bathrooms did not meet their expectations due to evidence of mould and mildew. All felt that the breakfast was inadequate, not replenished quickly enough with inadequate seating space for the number of rooms.

All in all, we considered it to be an average hotel for the price. There was nothing terribly wrong with it (on average) nor was it outstanding.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank cynalan
ComfortInnIndy, General Manager at Comfort Inn Independence, responded to this review, 21 August 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

We are glad you were able to enjoy our city.

We are on schedule for updating and renovation in the very near future, and hope you will give us a opportunity to serv you better.
Detroit, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2013

I always provide reviews for the hotels I stay in. The staff was extremely nice and helpful. Their is an outdoor pool area and a very small lobby area. The hotel itself could use some renovations to stay competitive with the other hotels within the area.

If you are looking for a decent priced hotel without the bells and whistles, I would recommend you stay here. It serves its purpose for providing a place to sleep. The hotel itself is small, the walls are very thin and the breakfast was average.

My recommendation is to stay someplace else if you are looking to spend time in the hotel. If you are going to occupy your time with plenty of activities during the day and use this hotel to sleep, I would recommend it.

The hotel was average and for the purpose of my visit, I was okay with it.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank TRGLASS
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and th kind words for our hotel staff.

Our hotel is on schedule for renovation in the very near future.

We look forward to your next visit to our area.