“Just OK”

Ranked #12 of 14 Hotels in Independence
Louisville, Kentucky
“Just OK”
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

I am going to open this by saying the hotel is very clean and the service was very congenial. The entry and the overall appearance of the hotel was very good but in the case of our room (jacuzzi suite) it was a bit dated.

The only real issue I had was the extraordinary amount of noise from the room above us. I'm not certain anyone was at fault but it sounded like a troupe of Elephant's from our room.

In short I would stay again but I will be requesting a top floor only for sure.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
ComfortInnIndy, General Manager at Comfort Inn Independence, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Thank you for your kind words and for taking the time to review our hotel. Hope you will be able to visit with us again to enjoy our upcomming completion of our renovation.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Alton, Illinois
Reviewed 16 June 2014

A lovely brick building on one edge of other hotels and restaurants and on the other edge of some woods. I never had the time to make it out to the pool deck myself but it always looked very inviting as I grabbed my breakfast.
The room was clean and comfortable and the staff were always very nice.
Compared to the other hotels nearby this one looks to be much smaller. I think this worked to my advantage because I could come & go out the front or back doors, whichever was more convenient at the time, and be just about as close to my car either way.
Independence was a good location for me to stay in. I had work to do all around the Cleveland area and it was a good central location to everywhere I needed to go. When I got a little free time it was also very easy to get into the city and do some sight seeing. There are also quite a lot of restaurant choices close by. What there did not seem to be were convenience or grocery stores besides one or two little gas stations.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for your positive review of our hotel. Your comments were greatly appreciated by our staff, and we are delighted your enjoyed your stay with us as well as our location. Hope to see you soon.
Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

I don't expect a lot of luxury when staying at Comfort Inns as I do frequently but I would not choose to stay at this one again with other options in the area available. I was upgraded to a jacuzzi suite but was not impressed as the room was in poor repair with wall coverings coming off in places. This was due to the fact that the shower was integral to the jacuzzi and and there were shower curtains on both sides of the tub, bathroom and bedroom, streaming up the entire room instead of just bathroom. This arrangement could be awkward for certain sleeping companions. My key quit working after arriving which I had to go to front desk to have corrected but was not surprised by as my check in was delayed while another guest had the same done. A continental breakfast was provided but was typical of this quality of hotels. I was there for work and this was my only option for a 'preferred' hotel on travel software for that evening. There are much better equivalently priced hotels in the area that I will stay at in the future for both business and personal travel.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel even though we did not meet your expectations. We hope you will give us another opportunity in as much as we will be implmenting many new improvements throuhout the year.
Rural NY
Reviewed 30 April 2014

We were very tired travelers but Evyonne checked us in quickly and was super-friendly. Our room was quiet, clean and the mattresses and pillows were extremely comfortable. The pillow-top padding and firm and soft pillow choices put this room in the very high caliber rating! Breakfast was also very good, eggs, sausage, waffles (with a cinnamon choice) toast, bagels, muffins and very good coffee and juice. It restored my faith in Comfort Inn!

Room Tip: We were on the ground floor so just steps from the desk and breakfast location. Very quiet.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
ComfortInnIndy, General Manager at Comfort Inn Independence, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
We are delighted that we were able to offer you a pleasant and comfortable visit with us at our Independence Comfort Inn, also we appreciate your taking the time to review our hotel.. Your kind words are greatly appreciated and are shared with our staff. we hope you will be able to return to our area soon for another visit
Toledo, Ohio
Reviewed 25 March 2014

When I arrived, after a hectic drive, the room I was assigned hadn't been cleaned yet. I returned to the desk and told them this. They almost immediately offered me an upgrade with no extra charge. Needless to say, I was very happy with that kind of service, and with the new room.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
ComfortInnIndy, General Manager at Comfort Inn Independence, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
Thank you for allowing us to serve your hotel needs, and that we were able to accommodate you with a upgradeto a room with a view. Your kind words are greatly appreciated and shared with our staff. Hope to see you soon.
Cleveland
Reviewed 1 January 2014 via mobile

My wife and I recently stayed with comfort inn. The independence location. We stayed 2 nights 2 days. We were celebrating our anniversary !! Check in was very quick and simple. We had a King whirlpool room. We requested a room on the 3rd floor and got it.(Room 306) The room was gorgeous beautiful view of downtown Cleveland . Very quiet. Whirlpool was so relaxing . The hole in the wall that allowed us to see to the bed from the whirlpool was romantic. There was a fridge and microwave. My wife & I got the best nights sleep . They offer wake up calls. They answered all of my billions of questions and were very accommodating. We ate at The winking Lizard that was right next to the hotel. Great food. Free parking at hotel . Vending and ice machines on every floor. Wonderful continental breakfast. Great selection of breakfast items that are healthy and filling! Lots of gas stations around the area and shopping. We had such a great stay and we would love to come back! !!

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sunnib21
Thank you very much for your positive review of our Comfort Inn hotel. We are very pleased that we were able to offer you a pleasant experience on you recent visit to our area and do hope that you will be able to return soon

Vanetta Zervas
Independence Comfort Inn
Norwalk, Ohio
Reviewed 1 October 2013

Our room was clean and the bed comfy. Service was friendly. The little buck that seemed to make himself at home in front of the hotel was nice to see. Would go back again as it was conveniently located.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
ComfortInnIndy, General Manager at Comfort Inn Independence, responded to this review, 8 November 2013
Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor. It is always nice to hear pleasant coments in reference to our hotel and staff. Our local deer is is always very entertaining to watch.. Glad you enjoyed your visit and all, at the Independence Comfort Inn look forward to your next visit.

Respectfully