“SO SO”

Comfort Inn Independence
Ranked #11 of 14 Hotels in Independence
Reviewed 1 September 2010

I decided to stay here based on reviews and th fact that it was close to Cleveland without being in downtown Cleveland. It wasn't one of the worst but it certainly wasn't one of the best. The hotel is located pretty much right off two major highways, on a one way street behind several restuarants and a couple of hotels. But easy to find if you follow the directions. The bad the ice machine was almost none working you had to stand for 20 minutes to get one small buckets of ice, the bathroom wall behind the shower head looking like at some point the pipe had either busted or the shower head had been spraying behind because it was starting to mold and the wallpaper was coming off, the door to the room you had give it a good push or pull depend on rather you were leaving or coming in to get it to shut good behind you. The good was the breakfast, the location, it was quite you couldn't hear other guest or even the noise from outside which was a plus and parking near doors. I didn't attempt the use of the elevotor since we had a room on the first floor but it did seem to be in working order, doors that should have been key card access were only that way after 4pm anytime in the morning they were proped open with a rock which is a no-no in my book simply because you then have no clue who is coming and going. They did let me pay with cash at checkin which was a good thing seeing as how I was their for a concert and needed to know once I paid the hotel how much I had to spend all in all it was a good hotel and I would probably stay again.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank tinkerbsb

Reviewed 9 July 2010

I can not say enough about this place for the price. I was totally surprised. We got it through AAA in advance. It's right next to Don Shula's Steak House which is excellent too. Make sure that you try the Bob Evans Resturaunt which is right close. The entire staff had a great sense of humor. I know because I was cracking jokes with them all the time. You are right off of I-77 and just 15 minutes from beautiful downtown Cleveland. Indenpence is also a lovely community with very classy people.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank DaveLandes
Reviewed 3 July 2010

We were really happy with this hotel. It was clean, modern and our room was very spacious. When we visited they had a special on hot tub rooms and we got a great rate. Our room was very large and had a full-sized couch, a small kitchenette area with fridge and microwave (fridge was dorm-sized) and small coffee machine. Unlike many budget hotels, we appreciated that this one had NICE, comfy linens and blankets on the bed...not the usual scratchy hotel stuff. The hot tub was large and very nice and our room was cleaned very well each day.

There was a huge storm when we were there and the power went out. One of the staff walked us to our room and gave us candles and lent us a flashlight. He was very friendly.

The breakfast was good for "continental". They had orange and apple juices, coffee, tea, apples and bananas, cereals, pastries (muffins and danishes), bread, English muffins, bagels (for toasting) with available butter and cream cheese, jams, margarine, cubed cheese. They also had a waffle machine and guests could make their own waffles. Breakfast was available from 6-10 a.m. each day.

The pool looked really nice, but we didn't have a chance to use it.

All-in-all, we thought this was a great place to stay for the money and will stay again when we visit the area.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 February 2010

I had an early meeting at work, and the night before I stayed at this hotel because it was close to my job. My husband came along with me. Our intensions were to have breakfast in the morning at Bob Evans which is very close to the hotel, then go to work. The hotel had a $59.99 special for any type of room (should have been a warning) and we selected a suite that had a hot tub. When we checked in it was almost midnight, the room was dark, and we turned on the TV, talked for a while, munched on some food and went to sleep. Next morning we left the room I went to my meeting, and came back to the hotel with some lunch (requested a late check out) and discovered the sheets had specs of blood on them. I called the front desk and advised her of this and the General Manager came in with her entourage (housekeepers) and she said this look fresh, I said what, for one yes I am a female but if I was on my cycle why would I get a hot tub suite, or better yet call and complain about blood on the sheets unless I am a low life, low budget idiot that has no life, the General Manager name is Vanetta Zervas and she has a very nasty attitude. They made an adjustment on my bill of $25.00 the money was not the issue, it was the principle I slept on dirty sheets!!!!! I did not tell her so get a discount, but would liked some sincerity, It was not her fault, we utilized the hot tub, and slept there, so I wasn’t trying to get no money back, or a free ride..I called her to express this and she defended her staff and housekeepers, she said okay what do you want me to say, okay I am sorry for the fresh blood on your sheets! Still indicating it was from me. I advised her that I was going to give her a bad review and she said, honey I am partner and general Manager. I even told her I would like to take a Lie Detector test, just for the sake of my integrity, she laughed and said I will not open it up (results). I have removed this hotel from my company direct bill, and I have advised any one with any sanity not to stay at this hotel is it NASTY, my skin crawl every time I think of it, PLEASE DON’T STAY HERE! Very nasty hotel with nasty service!

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank dreamB
Reviewed 8 February 2010

We were in the Cleveland area for a funeral and stayed at this motel. For the price it was well worth it. The rooms were spacious enough and clean. We were able to get rooms close to each other - we had three. The majority of the staff were extremely nice, friendly, and helpful. There was one lady cleaning rooms whom i asked for towels who stated she was only allowed so many and to get them from the desk.(We did) She apologized and said she was sorry that was just the way things were. On the other hand the day before a different lady gave my husband towels without question. The beds were comfortable & the heaters/air-conditions in the rooms appeared to be new with touch controls. The water did not pool when showering. The food was good for a continental breakfast and there was enough for all. They replaced food and juice as it was used up. There was free Wi-Fi & a computer in the lobby. Soda machines and snack machines were high in price as most motels are. There were apples, coffee, & tea available in the lobby all day. It was not the residence inn but for the price I would stay again .... and best of all there wer no bed bugs!.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank likehomevw
Reviewed 16 November 2009

The room was not to bad. It needs to have work done to it. The wallpaper in the bath room was ripped and the bathroom door would not close and lock. The bathroom was not cleaned very well. Coffee maker was dirty, also ice bucket was dirty. Found the last guest wool hat. The next day when the cleaning lady made up the room everything was cleaned very well. All in all not a bad place to stay. Just need to be maintained a little better. Food is very close by, and alot of other things to do close by. No restaurant in hotel, but free comp.breakfast which was very good. No indoor pool or exercise room. Free wi-fi that works very fast.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 October 2009

we stayed for 2 nights and found this hotel to be pretty nice. good breakfast, computer in lobby for guest use, friendly front desk. all in all not a bad hotel as some reviews would suggest.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple