“pretty decent place” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Jackson
Jackson, Ohio
“pretty decent place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

I was moving and my truck broke down just outside of Jackson. The mechanic who was working on my truck recommended this location. There are a lot of eating places within walking distance, like ponderosa, bob evens, kfc, and mcdonalds. The staff is pretty friendly, and the breakfast lady was extremely nice. Beds were comfy, not hard as rocks. The shower is a little tricky. Breakfast is really great, including sausage, eggs, and waffles with pastries. I would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Waterford, Wisconsin, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014

I recently chose this Hotel while driving on business. I had to leave the highway and travel another 4 miles to this Hotel which, from the outside, looked nice enough. I had some "sticker shock" when I was quoted the going rate for a singe room with two beds. However, I qualified for a AAA discount which got me $10 closer to reasonable but as it turned out not close enough to warrant the nearly $100 for this room. When I arrived at the room, I was surprised by a somewhat shoddy appearance and very basic amenities. Plus, the room had a funny smell that reminded me of the kind of fragrance you might find at a Nursing Home. Vaguely unpleasant. When I asked the front desk clerk about the strange fragrance he answered that it is a cleaning agent they use and all their rooms would have that smell. I chose to ignore the fragrance and eventually my nose ignored it too. Another issue was that there were only fast food restaurants nearby so my dinner choices were very limited. Breakfast in the morning was below average in choices and quality.
Bottom line is I wish I had travelled just a little farther up the road and missed this $100 a night "Gem"... You might consider doing the same...
Tichiganblues

Room Tip: All rooms smell of Nursing Home flora... No recommendations.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
jtavessude
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013

Overall this Comfort Inn was okay. It is somewhat dated, but a very safe and generally what you you would expect in this type of location. The rooms are quiet and comfortable. In general the hotel has had some updates, but expect some quirks and a few rough edges.

My originally assigned room (122) looked out over the smoking patio of the nearby restaurant - as noted in an earlier review I avoided that and requested another room which took some doing - by design or delay, persistence paid off with a second floor room that faced the back parking area (219-227 range. I checked outside the first night and found the patio noise to be somewhat distracting.

I was somewhat surprised to see at least 3 extension cords in use in the room, to the TV, micro fridge and mini coffee pot. With the other two behind the night stand.

This hotel does not have an elevator, which wasnt a problem for me personally.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Urbana, Illinois, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2013

We spent the night here while helping my mom (and her cats) move. It is an older hotel but comfortable. The staff was very helpful, friendly, and accommodating. I liked that they had wifi (free) and hot breakfast available in the morning, eggs, biscuit and gravy, and good coffee.

Room Tip: This hotel has pet friendly rooms, there is a pet fee. The hotel is not smoke-free, so you need to...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Littlestown, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2013 via mobile

We spent the night starting out on a trip to the west. The desk was very efficient, the room was clean, everything worked, and breakfast was fine.As an added bonus, we found a fine restaurant nearby A good example of a Choice hotel.

• Stayed September 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
DPSgm2, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 3 September 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words. Though we are a little older hotel (we can't always be new, can we?) we do take pride in our property. Our guests are our business and mean the world to us and it so appreciated when that is expressed verbally or in written form. Thank you for staying with us and we do hope we have another opportunity to serve you in the future.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2013 via mobile

I stay here for business trips often and bring the kids here on the way to the beach! Very clean! Great location in Jackson. The restaurant next door is great! We will be back.

Go to the Days Inn close to the highway if you want a pool, but the Comfort inn is the best!

• Stayed May 2013
DPSgm2, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 1 August 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words. It's a pleasure to have people like you as our guests and we look forward to having you back!!
Saint Joseph, Michigan
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2013

After walking into the room it was obvious that the carpet needs a good shampoo along with the halls. The guy at the desk at checkout seemed shocked when I pointed out the dirty carpets. Other than carpets, an ok place to stay. Keep your shoes on. Next time through Jackson I probably will not stay at the Comfort Inn.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank CharleyDC9
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jackson
Red Roof Inn Jackson
Red Roof Inn Jackson
#3 of 3 in Jackson
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#1 of 2 in Piketon

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!