“Our First Try after 20 yeas”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Kelleys Island
Kelleys Island Venture Resort
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Kelleys Island
Reviewed 20 July 2014

This is a very well cared for resort and they truly try to keep things quiet from 11 to 8 am, however, the guest suites have bedrooms oriented to the parking lot and sitting rooms to the pool. Therefore, when someone is leaving at 6 am you are awakened by the car starting. Unfortunately we had room 112, with the ice machine adjacent to the wall, BAD MOVE KI Ventures. People were filling up coolers at all hours and it was LOUD. The doors to not fit properly. The hot tub was dirty. The grounds were well maintained and there were three people wiping off chairs and cob webs in the morning, however, a lot of thought needs to be given to guest sleeping quarters. These suites could easily be converted to sleeping room on the inside and sitting rooms along the parking lot. It was also very pricey, however, exceptional service.

Room Tip: stay away from the center of the hotel
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank pcasper
There are newer reviews for Kelleys Island Venture Resort

Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

I called to make a reservation and ultimately decided not to go through with it, because he made me feel like I was bothering him. First, he had an attitude! Second, his lackadaisical attitude made me feel like I was bothering him. I wasn't able to finish the reservation because he screwed up the dates. This was my first impression of this place and if that's the guy the owners want their guests talking to then it's not worth driving all the way there and wasting my hard earned money on a bad stay. I don't care if the rooms are beautiful! You should at least feel a warm welcome on the dang phone!

Stayed: July 2014
11  Thank Brutallyhonesytoyou
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

I don't want this to come across as a negative review bc this is a nice place. However if you plan to travel with young kids there a few things I think you would want to know.

We stayed in the Cunningham suite. It has three bedrooms. It's very nice and very clean. However the location is bizarre. It has a full kitchen therefore most people would be bringing food and drinks. It's a freaking haul to the room. There were no one here to help us carry the stuff up. It took us forever. No elevator. Up and down and a long walk. It's strange bc you enter the room from the back so even to get to the pool it's kinda a hassle compared the all the other rooms.

Another huge thing (and again I have two 15 month olds) was that a drawer very low and easily accessed was full of huge knives. Again it's my responsibility to watch my children but the second we walked in they found them. I was so lucky I was there bc it could of really injured my child badly. More of an FYI for safety issues.

The ground are amazing. It's clean and nicely cared for. But for the price one would think that an elevator or bells-man would be provided. My poor husband had to lug up so much crap alone while I watched the kids.

We would stay again but be prepared to work our butts off to get everything to the room.

Stayed: July 2014
5  Thank odicky
Reviewed 30 June 2014

My friends and I have been gathering for an annual girl's weekend for 17 years. This was our furst year at Kelleys Island. I was so lucky to have given this resort a try. I ran past it in 2010 while it was under construction. I thought it might be too expensive.

The price was perfect divided by six. Completely affordable. The pool is absolutely beautiful and perfectly situated. The sun shines right on top of it. We stayed in the Iroquois Suite. It was clean, comfortable and classy. The landscaping was striking. The view from the pool as well as the balcony was majestic. Staff was friendly and accomdating. Lindsey is the best. I cant say enough greay things. We will be back next year! Can't wait.

• Stayed: June 2014
5  Thank DillonDiva1
Reviewed 22 May 2014

We were prepared for an average, no-frills hotel experience, but got so much more here. The rooms are spacious, well laid-out, and have the feel of a small apartment with a front and back door leading to a lovely sitting area overlooking the pool.

The hot tub was the biggest we've seen (one can actually swim in it) and the grounds are gorgeously landscaped. The hotel's patio across the street from the hotel, overlooking Lake Erie, is lovely with comfortable and classy lounge chairs and a grill. And, the complimentary cruiser-style bikes were a big plus for us.

Room Tip: We had one of the lesser-priced rooms, but it was well appointed and we didn't feel like we were...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Cyndee_10
Reviewed 27 November 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the KI Venture Resort when we ran the 1st annual KI Half Marathon. We have stayed on the island many times, but this was our first stay at the resort. The resort is beautiful, clean, spacious, and the scenery is very nice. Check in was very easy & the staff was friendly. Will for sure stay here in the summer!

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank kimnart
Lindsay S, Manager at Kelleys Island Venture Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2014

Thank you so much for staying with us and joining us for our First Annual Police Chase! We are so happy you enjoyed your stay! Hope to see you again!

Reviewed 13 November 2013

My husband, daughter and I stayed on Kelley's Island for the first time. We came because of a 1/2 marathon the island was having. We had a wonderful time. We stayed at the resort. The staff were very friendly. We had a really nice room that actually felt more like a small apartment it was so large. We had dinner and breakfast the next morning at a little restaurant called the Captains Corner. The food was very good and the staff were very nice. The race did not start until 11:00am but the resort allowed us to come back to our room and shower after the race. For a runner, this is such a blessing to be able to refresh after a race, I can't tell you how much this was appreciated! I would recommend this race and this resort to everyone.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Thank you so much for staying with us and also for joining us in our First Annual Police Chase! We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for the wonderful compliments regarding our resort and the Half Marathon! Kind words are always appreciated! Hope to see you again!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kelleys Island
#1 of 7 in Put in Bay
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Port Clinton
Put-in-Bay Resort Hotel and Conference Center
Cedar Point's Hotel Breakers

Been to Kelleys Island Venture Resort? Share your experiences!