“Bad experience” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Lakeshore Landing

Lakeshore Landing
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kelleys Island
Lakeshore Landing
Ranked #8 of 10 Kelleys Island B&B and Inns
Delaware, Ohio
“Bad experience”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

The owner was quick to take my money when we first got there. She did not show us where the bathroom was or towels to shower. Our room was not air conditioned. This is a lady's house and we literally walked into her private kitchen. Very awkward experience. Poor service. Wasn't sure when the breakfast was or where even. I could not wait to get home. Do not stay here!!

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank LoveVacations06

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Toledo, Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

Owner is cold and rude, quick to collect money before you even see the room. Did not speak to us unless we tried to initiate friendly conversation even then she was rude and dismissive. Conveniently didn't tell us that the two rollaway beds in our room couldn't be used. One would assume if they are in your room, you can use them. She chased us downtown in her golf cart to make us pay $30 extra dollars because we used a rollaway bed. Despite trying to reason with her that...if they are in the room we expected to be able to sleep on them she demanded payment. Since our credit card was on record we assumed she'd get us someway for the $30. Breakfast was old bananas complete with fruitflies and store bought
coffee cake. I have stayed at nearly 80 bed and breakfasts in my travels...this was the absolute worst. Save your money and avoid at all costs.

• Stayed July 2014
4 Thank kismet941
Elkins
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2013

My husband and I enjoyed our stay at the Lakeshore Landing. We had an upstairs room with a private bath. The owner was very gracious, we could come and go as we pleased, she said the doors were never locked. She recently had the house zoned for heating/cooling and she said if we were ever uncomfortable to let her know. Fortunately the weather was wonderful and we slept with the windows open and could hear the sound of the lake! The breakfast was light, fruit, juice, cereal, and pastry. We didn't see Carolann much, but when we did she was very pleasant. When we left she smiled and told us to come back! And we will!

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Tschrock1
Dunwoody, Georgia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2012

my boyfriend and i recently went to kelleys island for the day, hoping to possibly get a bed and breakfast. we were lucky to find one, but it was nothing at all what we had expected. the host was cold and eager to take our money. when we think of bed and breakfasts, we think of warm hosts, great food, and a nice place to sleep. the hostess was anything but, the breakfast was coffee cake and cereal, and the hostess was nowhere to be seen. camping i could have made myself a better breakfast. the room was okay other than the spider hanging out by the shower. my boyfriend and i were kept awake at night due to the shared bathroom connected to our room. everytime someone went in, we woke up. the price was good, but you definitely get what you pay for. pay for the nicer bed and breakfasts on the island..it will be worth it!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank midwestinthesouth
Powell
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2012

Stayed at this place with my daughter last memorial day. It's a large, lovely home right across Lakeshore Dr from the ferry dock. Made reservations at the last minute, and they were about the only place with rooms still available. Owner was not friendly. She put us in a decent room right by the back door, adjacent to the kitchen. My daughter and I came back around 10 p.m. after playing putt putt, etc., on our first night there, and the owner was drinking wine with a few of her elderly friends in the kitchen when we returned. We could not get to sleep because of the noise they were making, so I finally opened the door and gave them a dirty look, then they moved to another room in the front of the house, but still kept chatting and drinking until the wee hours. SO rude and inconsiderate!! We will never stay here again.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Matty O
Maumee, Ohio
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2012

What a shame. The place is absolutely beautiful, clean, comfortable and great location but the owner is not the friendliest person. She doesn't make you feel welcome. She is there most of the time so you feel like she is watching your every move. And you are not allowed to have anyone stop by. You are her guest and only you can step foot into her home. We were two couples in our mid 50's and 60's so it's not like we were going to have wild parties. She is very protective of her place and I understand that but she should be a better judge of the people staying there. She definitely has a bad reputation on the island as well. I would not stay there again nor would I recomment it to anyone else.

Room Tip: If you decide to still go make sure you have a room with your own bathroom.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank d l
Lakewood, Ohio, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2012

My husband & I had a very pleasant visit here. I was afraid to stay here at first due to the reviews, but we encountered no problems while staying. Carolann was more than willing to answer any questions we had and was helpful. On the last day we wanted to stay around and hike trails, but didn't want to lug all our our things around. She was nice enough to let us leave our stuff in the sun room while we went hiking. I feel some people who wrote previous reviews were looking for reasons to complain. B&B's as far as I know are usually known for "couples", not families. This could be the reason why it may have been "cramped". I would recommend a hotel for families. People also have to remember this is someones private home and simply being courteous goes a long way. The owner is a retiree, whom probably does go to bed early, and if you aware your coming in later than expected a phone call probably would be helpful as well. Also in one instance I thought the owner "ignored me" when I was talking to her, but she apologized by stating she has a hard time hearing. We were respectful to her and we got the respect back. As someone stated breakfast was not the best, but it was good enough. I hate others had such a horrible experience, because I felt our visit was wonderful, and the owner deserved some positive feedback. Also, we stayed in the bedroom downstairs right at the entrance, did not have to share a bathroom, very roomy and it was pleasant.

Room Tip: Bedroom closest to entrance has private bathroom. Nice views and nice airy room with fan.Only compla...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank KelleysIsland

Been to Lakeshore Landing? Share your experiences!