“Spent My Birthday Afternoon At The Village Pump.”
Review of The Village Pump

The Village Pump
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene, Local cuisine, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Great Food. They Have a Perch Platter and they must have fixed My wife and I at least a 2x order of Great Onion Rings. The Best Brandy Alexander On The Island (Topsy Turvy Put In Bay Has a Good one as well). Met Gary the owner -what a Great People Person, just what it takes to run a people business.Good Beers from the tap. We ferried over on Kelly's Ferry and spent our time exclusively at The Pump. That's what we planned and it was worth it.

1  Thank Striperjoe

Reviewed 5 August 2014

If you go to The Village Pump, you have to order a pitcher of Brandy Alexanders. Best anywhere! If you are hungry, the food is great too. I have had the burgers before and they are outstanding, but had the perch this time and was just as good! Great place to stop and relax, right by the boat dock!

Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

Love the Brandy Alexanders, and a trip is just not complete without one. I've been here several times before, and have enjoyed the food, as well. On Saturday, though, one of the servers gave us some serious attitude about taking a table to drink (no seating was available at the bar, but several tables were empty). We assured her that we would move if they needed the table for people to eat, and she calmed down. We probably would've stayed longer to drink (and possibly eat later), but felt awkward after the exchange. Never had a problem like that here before, though...

1  Thank skeptikrissy
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Maybe it was because my kids and I arrived on a Tuesday afternoon...but we were NOT impressed with The Village Pump. For starters, we were seated at a table with a nice view, but plenty of dead bugs stuck in the window behind my oldest son. He did NOT like that. Second, it was DEAD in there, DEAD but the service was AWFUL! I mean, BAD. We sat there for awhile before the waitress came back with our menus and then I was FLOORED at what they were charging for "kids" meals. I have FOUR kids...two of them are old enough and big enough to order off the adult menu and the personal pizzas on the kids menu were the same price (and size we'd find out later) as on the regular menu. When the food came, it was okay. Nothing great and I ordered their "famous" lobster bisque. It was 99% celery, I swear.
Anyway, what got to me was the TOTAL LACK of attention from the wait staff. My kids were not loud, or obnoxious and the place was dead but we still didn't see a waitress after our food was delivered. I had to get up TWICE and go to the bar to ask for water since the waitress didn't come back and offer us any refills and again for silverware. For SILVERWARE...really?! After being ignored and eating mediocre food the bill came. Talk about sticker shock! No one ordered anything over the top, personal pizzas, chilli dogs (my son said the chili tasted like it was out of a can) and the soup and my bill with a tip was $75. FOR LUNCH. Hey, if the food was great and the service excellent, I'd be okay with it, we were on vacation after all, but this was just insulting. We were ignored and the food wasn't anything special. It was our first stop on the island too. It was a disappointing way to start our vacation.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Atmosphere, atmosphere, atmosphere!
Great Brandy Alexander's, great Friday night Perch dinner, great bartenders and a high-5 from Gary and his warm smile.
Crummy wine, mediocre draft beer, but the people and food make up for it. Daily lunch specials are really a great value.

1  Thank NannylouG