“A perfect fill for hungry bikers”
Review of Wild Papaya

Wild Papaya
Ranked #8 of 116 Restaurants in Kent
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Description: TEL : 330-677-0916FAX : 330-677-0918E-mail : info@wildpapaya.com
Ohio
“A perfect fill for hungry bikers”
Reviewed 7 August 2012 via mobile

My husband and I stopped here after bicycling around Kent's campus a sunny summer evening, and even though it was fairly empty, we were treated to excellent service and even better food! Pad Thai for me, red curry with chicken for him. Took some home, will be back!

Akron, Ohio
“A pleasant culinary surpise and discovery well worth making a return visit for the tood is good.”
Reviewed 21 July 2012

This is a recent discovery that I was happy to make this week as we ordered ginger chicken and Larb salad with spring rolls, Do not drive past this place too often without stopping for lunch as it is located on route 59 close to the Kent University Campus. It is within walking distance to the Music and Speech on the eastern edge of the campus. If you want a reason for allowing good thai food to replace your desire to eat common or regular chinese food a visit for dinner at this restaurant is enough to change your mind about these matters. We knew what we were getting ourselves into since we like thai food. We were not disappointed. The larb salad was delicious with red and green peppers with onions and many rolled or sliced vegetables and chopped pieces of chicken. We did like the ginger chicken too as the rice was chewy and tasty. You should order the same larb salad as it was the best I have tasted for many months. This has become my favorite thai food whether it is served as a large salad or as a principal entree. I found it to be delicious this time and I was surprised at the freshness of the food. It was served in a way to make it appear as most inviting to eat. The small spring rolls could have been more numerous for the price listed on the menu but they were tasty.The connection in small amounts with the homeland is there in the form of small pictures and crockery or vases on the wall for you to notice and discover yet it is not overwhelming or all-covering or enclosing like an umbrella. Quiet music is there to hear and the place as not crowded but I imagine that it can become crowded at times. Most important is the space between tables. There is space for people not to sit cheek and jowel next to each other. In this way there was a quiet atmosphere and room for patrons to move about without running into adjacent tables by making comments like "excuse me" three times while leaving. This was an advantage that other restaurants sould follow and emulate. It was not a crowded or too busy a place with only two waitresses working at first when we arrived at about 5:30 pm. Ethnic purity is there since they feature only thai food. For me this is a culinary advantage since they are not trying to cover too many parts of the asian menu or culinary kitchen. Thai food is their speciality and I will return for that reason alone. The prices were a little high for what we did order. Maybe the increase in the price for food can explain this fact. Yet the service was good and the atmosphere was clean and spacious with much space between tables. I did like the atmostpher for what appeared to be native speakers to serve the food and talk about it with patrons But I also think that this characteristic while admirable for limited purposes can be taken too far to the extreme if the waitresses can't answer questions or discuss the food and its preparation. Do not be afraid to ask many questions about the food or the preparation of the tood. Healthy food selections should be on the menu Alternatives for people with dietary restrictions like low sodium or salt and low sugar should be listed on the menu. I did not see that information on the menu in front of me. I wonder if the they have a banquet room for large groups and if they offer discount couposns for faithful patrons. It would be a interesting topic to investigate. There should be take home menus and dinner mints served to patrons with the the request for payment. I do not know now if they offer preferred seating with reservations or it they offer take home service like take-out meals. They should limit their expertise to what they do so well now. This place is tied to the campus for obvious reasons. It is not a suit and tie or tuxedo place in the least as It has a casual atmosphere. For this reason it is a good place for many people to discover thai food. Maybe it deserves five or six stars based on what i experienced last week for its is a good place for lunch and dinner. The selections of thai food are plentiful and numerous on the menu. Food portions were adequate and food was good!

• Visited July 2012
“Yum”
Reviewed 22 June 2012

Love it! Great Pad Thai. I prefer the country style (spicy with chicken and shrimp). So, good and reasonable price! Clean atmosphere in dining room and quick takeout, too.

1 Thank Monica S
“Great Thai food”
Reviewed 29 May 2012

I've eaten here twice and can't get past the Thai Pad. This is incredible. I didn't think I would be a fan of Thai cuisine, but am sure glad I tried. The restaurant is really decorated well inside. The staff is attentive and aim to please. This is one of my new favorite places.

Visited May 2012
2 Thank tripnavvy
Ohio
“Thai in a college town mini-mall”
Reviewed 19 February 2012

We have visited several times and find this to be a good, honest provider of Thai food designed and interpreted for the local clientele. The place is clean, parking is easy and the service is helpful. With regard to the latter, you should ask about spice levels - they can vary and sometimes can be perceived differently. They do have several variants of pad thai and will describe them for you. This is not a fancy theme restaurant - it's basic South Asian fare, but we have usually been pleased with the dishes we ordered.

• Visited December 2011