“Wonderful hotel!!”

Holiday Inn Express Kent State University
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Kent
Reviewed 13 August 2014

My daughter and I stayed here in late July making a college visit to Kent State Univ., from Maryland. Jasmine at the front desk upgraded our room at no cost and invited us to sign up for the IHG rewards program. Lovely, clean room with small kitchen area! Wonderful breakfast next day and all set for Kent. Car wouldn't start. Not the battery, but turned out to be a bum starter. Very trying time, but Sheila and Adam (I think those are their names) from the front desk area, were very helpful in trying to get car started, helped us call AAA and booked us for another night at a good rate. Could not be nicer!! And... we got the car repaired the next day and while we were waiting got onto another college tour!! My daughter loves Kent and if she ends up going here, we know where we will be staying!!!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
HIEKentFrontDesk, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Kent State University, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Thank you for the feedback of your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites in Kent Ohio. Please accept our sincere gratitude for the review that you provided. It is important that we use this critique in order to improve our services.

We will be sure to let Jasmine, Sheila, and Adam know that you appreciated their efforts to make your stay a great one!

Reviewed 12 August 2014

I stayed at this hotel recently because of its proximity to the hospital where my sister was a patient. I made same day reservations on-line for one person, and then found out my other sister would be joining me later that night, and that we would probably stay for another night. My room was not available for both nights so the front desk staff upgraded me to a room that was going to be available for both nights. They even printed out directions to the hospital for me. Then the next day my sister and I were invited to stay at the home of a nearby relative. We cancelled the second night, again with no problem. The room was great, had a mini-fridge and microwave, which I did not use. Everything was spotless. But the front desk staff's attentiveness and care made this hotel outstanding.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
HIEKentFrontDesk, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Kent State University, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Thank you for the feedback of your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites in Kent Ohio. We appreciate your kind words.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

This hotel was clean and the rooms good size. Staff friendly and helpful. Spent 3 nights to attend a family reunion nearby. On the way to Kent and home again we stayed in several chains. It did have secure wi-fi and that was the only hotel only our way that did have a password. That was an absolute plus to be able to do some business. The one person breakfast staff on the weekend was overwhelmed so the manager was assisting. They were not prepared for the last minute stays they had over the weekend. The only thing that surprised me about this room was it did not have a frig, microwave or most importantly a safe. We made one stop in a very poverty stricken area in the remote mountains of WV and the very old hotel even had these items, as did every other chain along our way.

1  Thank travelingexpert
HIEKentFrontDesk, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Kent State University, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Thank you for your kind words! We look forward to your next stay with us!

Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

Superb facility and staff

We had 8 laptop three tablets and 7 smartphones using their WiFi and no delays or bobbles.

The staff was extremely attentive and helpfum.

I will use this facility again and again!!!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Rich S
HIEKentFrontDesk, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Kent State University, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor. I am glad you found the staff excellent, friendly and accommodating. Please come back soon, we will be delighted to take care of you again and next time you are in town.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

We arrived late at night without a reservation. The first hotel we stopped at couldn't accommodate our party size, but the desk clerk at the Holiday Inn was very helpful. The room was clean and the housekeeping staff and front desk clerks were friendly. We also enjoyed the breakfast. There were enough choices for my picky children to find something they liked. As I was checking out the front desk clerk offered me a bottle of water for the road.

1  Thank jccarney1995

Thank you for taking the time to write
about your recent stay. We are very
pleased that you had a wonderful stay
and we look forward to seeing you
again the next time you travel to Miami.
Have a great day!

Reviewed 3 July 2014

I was in Kent, Ohio for my fiance's cousins wedding. This location was very close to the church it made getting there a breeze. There was a large selection for breakfast. The young gentleman at the front desk was very helpful on giving me directions to the Walmart a couple miles away. The only thing I wished the standard rooms had were microwaves and refrigerators, instead of just the upgraded rooms. It worked out for us though since we just brought an electric cooler. The staff there was wonderful!! I will recommend this property as well as hope to have a reason to go back to Kent, Ohio in the future.

Ashley Burkey

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tara S
HIEKentFrontDesk, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Kent State University, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Thank you for your kind words regarding our location and service. I will forward your suggestion about the microwave and fridges in every room to management. We would love to have you stay with us again. Please give us a call when coming back to the Kent area. Have a great day.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Booked due to how close it was to my triathalon the next morning. Breakfast usually starts at 7, but we has to leave by 6. I talked with Reba at the front desk and she gladly put together a few togo breakfasts for us to take with us. Reba also gave us some great options for dinner that evening. We typically stay at Holiday Inn Express and this experience will ensure that we continue to do so. Thank you for exceeding my expectations.

Room Tip: Ask the front desk for advice. They are happy to help and always friendly.