“Best breakfast in town” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #19 of 112 Restaurants in Kent
Price range: US$3 - US$11
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Kentucky
“Best breakfast in town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2014

I can't believe that I haven't reviewed Wild Goats before now. I've been eating breakfast there every time I go to Kent for the last four years. It is a family tradition to eat breakfast there on our last morning in town before leaving our daughter for the long drive home. I personally like the Scrambler (everything in one big pile), but I've never eaten anything that I wouldn't gladly order again. If you order hot chocolate with whipped cream, you'd better have a side order of insulin! It gets very busy on the weekends, so get there early or be prepared to wait for a table. By the way, their turkey burger with hummus is excellent for lunch, as well.

• Visited January 2014

Newton, Massachusetts
“Cute place - go early”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2013

Nice little spot, local business which is a plus. I've only been there for breakfast, and it's always better to go early before the hangovers join you and there's a line.

Normal breakfast stuff, but still a fav when i visit kent.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Cleveland, Ohio
“I want to like this place”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2013

I want to like this place, but I can't. The waits are way too long for the type of food made. The dinner, heavily advertised, was really gross. Kids pasta waaayyy overspiced, so ordered her some bacon, wayyyy overcooked. My food was ok and slopped onto the plate in a very unappetizing manner. The breakfasts, I've been hear many many times, are average. I don't know if they lack focus, or kitchen chefs, or what - but between the mediocre food, long waits, sketchy clean floors and other factors, we end up going anywhere else - and I want to go here because it's close to home, but I won't

Visited August 2013
“Really good food.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

We went for breakfast with our son who goes to Kent State. It was a Sunday morning, so there was a wait. We were told 25 minutes but the wait was closer to 30-35. Ordered our food and realized that we were not going to have time to eat there because our son had to be at was show. Our server had the kitchen box our breakfast up. Impressed that they thought of everything ketchup packets, silverware, napkins, drinks to go. The food was delicious even from a to go box. Eggs were cooked correctly, jalapeño sausage was to die for, fresh toast and pancakes were great too. Much better than a chain restaurant breakfast. Make sure to leave yourself plenty of time if you go on the weekend - it is a small place and they make things fresh as they go. Worth it though!! Want to go back for lunch.

“Best breakfast in Kent, OH”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2013

My wife and I were visiting my alma mater and found this restaurant. I believe it was an ice cream parlor when I attended KSU. Both of us enjoyed our meals. The home made whole grain toast was fantastic (no need to order biscuits with your breakfast), and the coffee was the best I found on my week long road trip through Ohio. It's "quirky" and cool-it belongs in Kent. Great service.

• Visited September 2013