“NEVER AGAIN! WE ARE DONE!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Econo Lodge Kent

Econo Lodge Kent
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Kent
Wooster, Ohio
“NEVER AGAIN! WE ARE DONE!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2012

Have stayed at this place for a week in August for the last 5-6 years. Each year it gets worse! We booked (2 rooms for 7 nights and a 3rd room for last two nights 2 nights for a total of 16 nights) in August of 2011 when we checked out. Confirmed those reservations in March of 2012 and stopped personally at the Econo Lodge and paid cash for the first night on August 18, 2012. When we arrived on the 20th-- there were no rooms. "No one had checked out!"
Our confirmation numbers meant squat! Thru a phone call to the manager, we were finally put in 2 rooms. Next day we moved to Super 8. Actually, the Econo Lodge did us a favor as I couldn't wait to get out of there. DIRTY-- TOO MANY long term residents sitting outside their rooms, and 4 POLICE CARS, 5 POLICE PERSONS, 3 MEDICS AND 1 SQUAD RESPONDED TO A FIGHT! I agree with previous reviewers: Photos on-line are NOT of this place and the only nice thing I can say is the gal at the front desk was nice. Poor thing.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank jojo44circus

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Grand Island, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2012

Booked an overnight here during Kent State visit. Hotel seems to have "temporary" long term residents, smoking is permitted and the facilities are perfectly disgusting. The rooms were filthy, and we were afraid to sleep on the beds. We were provided two very aged towels and half bottle of shampoo as amenities in the bath. Over my next 4 years of visiting Kent State, I will sleep in my car before I'd stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Sandi2239

Travellers are raving about these Kent hotels

Columbus, Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2012

I am disgusted that I paid over $100 (plus tax) for a room. I am very happy with "budget" hotels. However, this place was filthy. I was horrified when I got to the room. The smell of smoke was overpowering. Other issues in the room that were problematic: the light by the door did not work -- I had to search around for a light that worked. The floor was filthy, the linens were stained. The chairs were covered in stains. The corner of the room had wallpaper that was stained and billowing out, as if it had severe water damage. It looked like that wall was melting. I will never forget this EconoLodge experience, and felt a visceral, sickening response when seeing the EconoLodge sign as I drove by other exits on I-80 this weekend. That hotel is a disgusting pit. The girl at the front desk was very nice -- that is the one positive thing that I will say.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Sarah B
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2012

I Came to Kent, Ohio for a horse show, and I wasn't very concerned about a fancy hotel, so I invested in a econo lodge. Unfortunately, I was completely let down. Number one, the pictures on line are VERY misleading. It is in a terrible Neighborhood (not recommended for families!!) and it is not very clean. Not only do the smoking rooms reak, but the whole hotel (even the non smoking) smells like cigarettes. The vent in my room was caked with resedue, and made it smell worse. The appliances didn't work (hair dryer, fridge) and the room did not have an iron. The drain was completely clogged, and the walls were stained pink? (I don't even want to know...) and, there was only one useable outlet in the room! Not very good if you have to charge\plug in items! So, in my opinion, do not book a room here... Thank you.

• Stayed June 2012
Wooster, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2012

The staff were very nice to me, the room was clean & quiet; I don't really need anything else. I liked that there was a fridge and microwave in the room, and I liked the widescreen television. The breakfast wasn't great, but it was good enough, i.e. waffles, bagles, juice, coffee, etc...I'll be staying here again if I have to do any more work in Kent. I did have a non-smoking room, so I guess I can't really comment on the smoking rooms.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Kent, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

I"m a frequent guest at this hotel over 100 plus nights a year for the past 10 yrs. I"m always treated with respect and all my needs are met or exceeded. In summary this hotel is a great value for the business traveler or family vacationer.

Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2012

Local police have busted several meth labs at this hotel.
Unless your a crack head I would suggest you stay at one of the other area hotels.

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank richies60
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kent
Holiday Inn Express Kent State University
Comfort Inn Kent
Comfort Inn Kent
#3 of 8 in Kent
Hampton Inn Kent/Akron Area
Kent State University Hotel & Conference Center
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Cuyahoga Falls
Super 8 Kent/Akron Area

Been to Econo Lodge Kent? Share your experiences!