“It was okay, fun little getaway.”
Review of Comfort Inn Kent

Comfort Inn Kent
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Kent
Reviewed 26 March 2014

We live within 25 minutes and wanted to take the kids to the water park for spring break. I would rate the hotel as average compared to our experiences. The good: The employees were very helpful and friendly. They were quick to respond to any needs. The room smelled and looked nice, appeared clean and tidy . Surprisingly, I thought the bed was very comfortable and slept great. The pool was fun. The breakfast was good as always.

The concerns or undesirable: The air/heat unit had what appeared to be a lot of chunks of drywall stuck through the grate. We didn't notice this until we were going to bed. It didn't cause a problem (that we know of) but does the heat blow that stuff through the room? I'm sure it does. It is very obvioius to see. We did tell the woman at the front desk and she was going to address it. Also, there was some unknown brown substance on the side of the tub, light switch plate in the bathroom and curtains. We just didn't touch it. In addition to the cleanlinest of the room, my son rolled a ball in the room and reached under a chair to get it and found a VERY large pill (I think fish oil). He's old enough to know to throw it away, not sure if a toddler would. Just an fyi for safety when cleaning the room. Lastly, it would be nice if the pool could open a little earlier, like 9am.

In the end, it was fun and we would probably go again in the future. My kids loved the palm trees, even if they were covered in snow.

Room Tip: Go to the 4th floor, nobody above you.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Lisa O
There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn Kent

Reviewed 15 March 2014

First the safe in the room was broke, the clerk at the desk (who looked about 19) said his manager just left and wouldn't be back til Wednesday, so there wasn't much they could do about the safe, they offered to hold my valuables at the front desk, but quite honestly it's usually the staff doing hotel thievery. They weren't able to switch my room because they were booked. Went down to the pool next and it was packed to capacity, mostly because people were there without wristbands, meaning they weren't hotel guests. When I asked they guy at the desk to do a wristband sweep he laughed and said they would probably do one in an hour or so. Yeah that never happened. The hot tub had at least 20 little kids In it and ONE adult. The wall read no one under 14 in hot tub without an adult. But that didn't seem to bother the staff either. Closer to 11pm we walked past the desk and the SWAT team was there to extract a guest from their room for nonpayment apparently thats a policy they actually enforce and then around 11:40pm I overheard another guest telling the desk clerk that she was not staying there tonight due to the noise and she was beyond disappointed that the staff had totally disregarded their first noise complaint. This place has a terrible staff and I would love to comment on a manager if I thought there was one!

• Stayed: March 2014
3  Thank jenganovs
Reviewed 22 December 2013

I stayed here for an overnight getaway. I was very impressed with how clean the room was. We stayed in a king whirlpool suite, the whirlpools in this hotel are located in the main room, not in the bathroom which is the case with the Holiday Inn Express next door. The price was very affordable. I would reccomend this property.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 November 2013 via mobile

This is a beautiful newer property. It has something for everyone. The rooms are huge and clean. Everything is beautifully decorated. The pool is amazing. We will not be back. Why? The owner chose the cheapest construction possible and its a shame because we got very little sleep. The staff were great and responded to noisy guests above us. But simple things like next doors television being on all night and using the shower and simply walking around caused much more noise than should have expected. I can tolerate it with cheaper properties, but when one spends a decent amount of money and ends up sleepless? It ends up ruining the entire experience. Really a shame.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Needed a place to stay for the weekend with my kids, and what most attracted me was the mini water park inside this hotel ,which was perfect for my little guys. Positives definitely the free breakfast, water park, cleanliness of the rooms. My only negative was the first night we stayed we had no one occupying the other side of the joined room, all that changed the second night when my boys were trying to nap and a family checked in next store. No sound barrier at all could here clear conversations, baby crying, and their TV loud and clear. I choose not to complain because I just did not want the hassle of packing up and moving. Overall Great Hotel, just know that the extra door in you room will give no privacy and considerable noise from the other end. I would stay here again just would request not a joined room.

Room Tip: For privacy request not a joined room
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank George P
Reviewed 3 November 2013

I went here for my birthday to get a jacuzzi room with my fiance. The room was clean except for the moment when the jacuzzi drained. We both showered beforehand so to notice a ring of dirt particles after we got out was enough to make us take another shower. The tub was clean but the jets were not. I liked the comfy bed and clean bathroom but Ive changed my mind ever getting a jacuzzi suite again. The people on top of us sounded like they were running back and forth in their room until 10pm and then again at 8am..This is a nice hotel if you dont use the jacuzzi or mind loud children.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank snowflakemoo
Reviewed 18 September 2013

After disastrous trip in Canada I was pleased to see a clean modern hotel.

Very friendly staff and usual clean comfortable large room. Big thing about Comfort Inns you know they are going to be very clean and you don't need to search for ""visitors""

Very easy to find and park and staff helped with questions. Good value for money and breakfast while simple set me up for the day.

Hotel right by Interstate but not at all noisy. Good Wi Fi

Will stay there again

Room Tip: I think any room would be fine. I stayed on floor 4 and it was very quiet
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Robert B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kent
Hampton Inn Kent/Akron Area
Holiday Inn Express Kent State University
Kent State University Hotel & Conference Center
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Cuyahoga Falls
Hilton Garden Inn Akron
Hampton Inn Stow
Hampton Inn Stow
#1 of 4 in Stow

Been to Comfort Inn Kent? Share your experiences!