“Fisherman Friendly”
Review of Taylor's Resort

Taylor's Resort
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lakeside
Taylor's Resort
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Lakeside
Reviewed 1 July 2013

I am always on the lookout for a friendly, clean, and safe place to rest my head after a long day fishing and I found it at Taylor's. Great people, easy access boat ramp, can pull boat right next to cottage to charge batteries and work on tackle. Perfect place for any fisherman to stay at a great rate with fantastic lake access and personable staff!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank EasyrideRanger1860

Reviewed 10 June 2013

Call Myra and ask her about your needs and her suggestions. Extremely accommodating! Not luxurious by any means.. . But clean as a whistle and close to most anything. Has their own private boat Ramp and tie ups and slips right next to the Johnson island causeway.

I've only stayed in her motel units.. I even took pictures to show my wife how spotless the grout was in the tiled enclosure to the shower. Also has mini fridge and micro wave in the rooms.. A separate game room (has football table and card tables in the community rec room. Plus has free freezer to keep your fish.. Or meats etc if you brought freezer stuff with you to enjoy your stay. Also the motel units have free gas grill usage. And a pool in season. Nice and quiet at the 5 room motel part... They have several cottage cabin choices back on the shady lane. Easy hook ups for charging your boat too.

I've been going to Erie for 10+ years now and found Taylor's Resort two years ago. Oh yeah, the mattresses are quite supportive too.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank WTell45
Reviewed 1 June 2012

I am a weekend tournament bass fisherman and when I am at an event or a practice or out just for fun in the island area of Lake Erie I always stay at Taylor's Resort. The cottages are perfect for 2 or 4 guys. Simple, quiet & clean. Most importantly we can park our boats right next to the cottage or in the lot by the dock. Worling on gear, charging batteries and all the other prep we do is so much nicer in a quiet & safe location. Hotel parking lots are the worst. Taylor's is the best.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Z9w250Merc
Reviewed 9 July 2011

This little gem was a great find. There is a motel which we didn't stay in but my family and I rented 2 cottages. They were very old fashioned but suited our purposes just great. And you can not beat the price for being steps from the lake in Marblehead, OH. Myra, the owner is a real treat, she truly treats you like family. The pool was wonderful and clean, the kids really enjoyed it, they cried when it was time to go home. There is also a small beach which housed many snakes so I don't know about swimming but the fishing off the long dock was great. This isn't a fancy schmancy place but the hospitality is second to none and if you're not high maintenance you'll feel right at home. The kids also enjoyed the small playgroud and sandbox.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
8  Thank tammikett
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lakeside
South Beach Resort Hotel
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Clinton
Lake Point Motel
Lake Point Motel
#2 of 7 in Marblehead

Been to Taylor's Resort? Share your experiences!