“The Cabin Experience”
Review of Taylor's Resort

Taylor's Resort
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lakeside
Taylor's Resort
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Lakeside
Reviewed 11 August 2014

I have stayed all over the Marblehead area and this is a kitschy, clean place. It has a cute, funky kitchen, 2 bedrooms and an exceptionally small bathroom. However, it has a great screened in porch, a personal grill and picnic table, and a fabulous view of the bay. If you have more than one family and are staying for a weekend or longer, I highly recommend renting a couple of these cabins and having a ball. Go grocery shopping so you can take advantage of the microwave, fridge, coffeemaker and stove - and the grill, of course. There is a pool, a playground, a fire pit, and a boat ramp. Go sit and reflect on the benches by the water. It was much cleaner than I anticipated. The only downside was the microscopically small shower and the water pressure. But it got the job done. It is easy access to all the fun things there are to be in the area. Go have fun!
And....I thought the owner was a sweetie.

Room Tip: There are "motel" type rooms up front, but splurge and get a cabin.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank JenniferD44133

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Yeah, ok, if you are looking for luxury, you are at the wrong place. But, if you want a clean, accomodating and friendly place to sleep, you can't beat Taylors. This complex has a 5 room motel and several cabins that lead on down to Lake Erie with water access. Myra is terrific and will try to tend to your every need. Taylors is centrally located to downtown Marblehead, Catawba Island, the ferry to Put n Bay, African Lion Safari, Cedar Point, Port Clinton, etc. There is also a very clean pool, and the price is unbelievable.

Room Tip: Could use some new pillows
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank miss_patty526
Reviewed 11 September 2013

I really want to give this place a better rating, but it just didn't do much for me. It was a basic, old cabin. The best thing about it was that there was plenty of space, unlike a hotel room. I also enjoyed the screened in porch. Everything worked in the cabin, so no complaints there. We were glad that we brought our own pillows because the ones provided had seen better days. One of the box springs had a huge chunk missing. Not sure what that was all about but it made me feel a little strange. We accepted things as they were as we didn't feel any of it was worth complaining about. Just sharing my findings and feelings.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank jklay71
Reviewed 1 July 2013

I am always on the lookout for a friendly, clean, and safe place to rest my head after a long day fishing and I found it at Taylor's. Great people, easy access boat ramp, can pull boat right next to cottage to charge batteries and work on tackle. Perfect place for any fisherman to stay at a great rate with fantastic lake access and personable staff!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank EasyrideRanger1860
Reviewed 10 June 2013

Call Myra and ask her about your needs and her suggestions. Extremely accommodating! Not luxurious by any means.. . But clean as a whistle and close to most anything. Has their own private boat Ramp and tie ups and slips right next to the Johnson island causeway.

I've only stayed in her motel units.. I even took pictures to show my wife how spotless the grout was in the tiled enclosure to the shower. Also has mini fridge and micro wave in the rooms.. A separate game room (has football table and card tables in the community rec room. Plus has free freezer to keep your fish.. Or meats etc if you brought freezer stuff with you to enjoy your stay. Also the motel units have free gas grill usage. And a pool in season. Nice and quiet at the 5 room motel part... They have several cottage cabin choices back on the shady lane. Easy hook ups for charging your boat too.

I've been going to Erie for 10+ years now and found Taylor's Resort two years ago. Oh yeah, the mattresses are quite supportive too.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank WTell45
Reviewed 1 June 2012

I am a weekend tournament bass fisherman and when I am at an event or a practice or out just for fun in the island area of Lake Erie I always stay at Taylor's Resort. The cottages are perfect for 2 or 4 guys. Simple, quiet & clean. Most importantly we can park our boats right next to the cottage or in the lot by the dock. Worling on gear, charging batteries and all the other prep we do is so much nicer in a quiet & safe location. Hotel parking lots are the worst. Taylor's is the best.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Z9w250Merc
Reviewed 9 July 2011

This little gem was a great find. There is a motel which we didn't stay in but my family and I rented 2 cottages. They were very old fashioned but suited our purposes just great. And you can not beat the price for being steps from the lake in Marblehead, OH. Myra, the owner is a real treat, she truly treats you like family. The pool was wonderful and clean, the kids really enjoyed it, they cried when it was time to go home. There is also a small beach which housed many snakes so I don't know about swimming but the fishing off the long dock was great. This isn't a fancy schmancy place but the hospitality is second to none and if you're not high maintenance you'll feel right at home. The kids also enjoyed the small playgroud and sandbox.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
8  Thank tammikett

Been to Taylor's Resort? Share your experiences!