“Nice Clean Room with Good Breakfast”

Hampton Inn Lancaster
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Lancaster
Nashville, TN
“Nice Clean Room with Good Breakfast”
Reviewed 5 September 2010

The Hampton Inn in Lancaster is a good place for an overnight stay. Freda checked us in, made sure we had a quiet room, and helped with restaurant suggestions and a web address for local information. The king room has a comfortable bed, a desk and chair, and an upholstered chair. Both the room and bath are clean and neat. The usual Hampton amenities are provided as well as a small refrigerator. The TV is not a flat panel, but the picture is good. The AC/heat unit operates quietly.

The computer for guest use is in a nook in a corridor. The setup is not great, but the connection is good.

Breakfast is provided in the lobby. The area is not spacious but is adequate for the morning of our stay. The selection is good: eggs, sausage patties, French toast sticks, Belgian waffles, cold cereals, instant oatmeal, yogurt, fresh fruit, cut fruit, boiled eggs, muffins pastries, juices, teas, and coffee.

Lancaster is a pretty town with a sense of history. We would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RetiredTravelerTN

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Illinois
Reviewed 11 June 2010

I had to bring an older family member to Lancaster for a funeral, and so we stayed at the Hampton for three nights.

The hotel was in good shape - it's an older style of Hampton Inn, but has been recently updated with fixtures and furnishings. My room was very clean and functional - good water pressure in the shower, good AC, etc. The refrigerator and microwave were unplugged when I arrived, but that might be an energy-saving move that I can't argue with. The staff was friendly and accomodating, and the breakfasts were tasty.

Although not indicated on the hotel's listing on the corporate Hampton Inn web site, the hotel does have free wireless Internet access, and I was able to easily print out any local maps and directions that I needed at their business center (which was just a desk with a computer and printer near the vending machines off the main lobby). Parking was a little crowded on Saturday night, but not overly so - still plenty of spots left in the lot.

The room rate here was lower than at the nearby Holiday Inn Express*, and although that property looks newer, I would gladly stay here again.

(*I should note that we were given a bereavement rate, but I'm comparing the rate I found online with a AAA discount to the comparable rate at the Holiday Inn Express.)

• Stayed June 2010
Ladysmith, Canada
Reviewed 1 May 2010

We used this hotel for a stopover and found it much to our liking as most Hampton Inn's are. Olive Garden next door and many other eateries nearby. A large mall is across the main road. Had a king room with all the usual amenities.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
Pittsburgh
Reviewed 21 April 2010

The builders were still working on the renovations when I stayed, so everything was clean and fresh. My room was nice and spacious, receptionist was friendly and the internet connection was fast. Location on the edge of town wasn't inspiring, but it was fine for a stopover on a business trip

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
NC
Reviewed 6 April 2010

Stayed here with wife and 11-year child. It was a nice experience overall. Location was great. Staff was helpful and friendly. Relative to other Hampton Inns in the Columbus area this was a great value.

Before we even entered the lobby we were greeted by "Pardon our dust" signs on the door as this property was currently under renovation. Indeed this hotel is beginning to show its age - carpets a bit worn, minor dings in the drywall on the 2nd-floor corridor. It was very clean, however, and the nothing was bad enough to give it a "run-down" feel. The renovation process did not interfere with the quality of our stay. Baseboards were being ripped up and some drywall repair was underway, but it did not feel like were in a construction zone.

Other than age, the room was in great condition. The beds were very comfortable. This property is only a few feet off a very busy highway and I worried about traffic noise, but this didn't turn out to be a problem. The a/c fan was on all night - maybe we would have heard some traffic if it was off.

Breakfast was typical for a Hampton Inn, maybe a smidge better. The indoor pool was a hit with my son, but it was very humid, more so than most indoor pools I've encountered recently. My wife said the chlorine smell was stronger than most as well.

The location was great - 20 minutes to Columbus on a Saturday morning. The hotel is surrounded by several casual restaurants plus several fast-food establishments. No Ruth's Chris or any fine dining places. Also within 1/2 mile are a Target, pharmacy, movie theater, and Kroger (the hotel is across the street from a shopping center).

As I stated previously, the hotel is a good value. They are priced quite a bit less than other Hampton Inns in the area - at least they were when we were there. That could be due to the renovation. I sometimes get nervous when a property is priced below comparables, but this one turned out fine.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
ohio
Reviewed 4 November 2009

We were here for a mini weekend getaway- we actually live 20 minutes away. The location was easy to find, next to Olive Garden. Walked to dinner- can't beat that! The hotel and rooms were very clean!!! Check-in was a breeze. The pool and hottub were nice, but the chlorine smell was a bit too strong. The halls were very quiet, the pool wasn't crowded and the staff was very courteous. The beds were very clean(to the naked eye!) and they were sooo comfortable. Breakfast the next morning was good, a little better than a cont. breakfast, but didn't care for the eggs, they were not realistic looking or tasting. Overall though, I would come back with the kids anytime!

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with family
Louisville
Reviewed 22 October 2009

I travel for work often, usually about 5-10 nights a month. Generally I prefer Hampton Inns and have never knowingly had a problem before. But tonight while reading I noticed something movingon the pillow next to me, looked over, and saw a large bed bug. I killed it, tore off the sheets and saw another by my leg. I've since found a third and can't sleep now. I might be up all night but I can't wait to get out of here in the morning.

Stayed October 2009, travelled on business
7 Thank Joerco
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lancaster
Holiday Inn Express Lancaster
Holiday Inn Express Logan
Baymont Inn & Suites Lancaster
Baymont Inn & Suites Logan
Best Western Canal Winchester Inn - Columbus South East
Best Western Canal Winchester In...
#1 of 1 in Canal Winchester
Baymont Inn & Suites Columbus/rickenbacker

Been to Hampton Inn Lancaster? Share your experiences!