“Gold Plus Member with Holiday Inn”

Holiday Inn Express Lancaster
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Lancaster
Milan, MI
“Gold Plus Member with Holiday Inn”
Reviewed 10 October 2013

I always come to Trip Advisor before I book my hotels for travel. I am on the road 3-4 night per week for work. I booked this hotel based on reviews, and I feel like I am on an alternate universe with the reviews on this hotel. I had traveled all day for work and hauled up at a luggage cart full of items to my suite after an 8:30 pm arrival. First thing I noticed when I opened the door...odor. The room smelled like old smoke, not good. I was literally too tired to take the filled cart all the way back down and start over, so I thought I would just endure it. Got in the suite, unloaded the cart, made my way over to the bed area. Now add musty to the old smoke and that was my room. Finally got into the bed exhausted only to find the sheets were all pilled, you know when they get old and are covered with tiny rough pieces of thread. Then they miss e little things that a Gold Plus member gets used to....no receipt under my door. I don't think that has ever happened to me at a Holiday Inn. To top it off I needed to use the microwave in their pantry to heat up an item for a customer visit. The one of the room is tiny, low wattage and takes forever. Nope, wouldn't let me. If you are accustomed to a nicer Holiday Inn experience...this is not it. Never again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank tracyrd
HI E, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lancaster, responded to this review, 11 October 2013
Dear tracyrd,
I apologize for the experience you had at our hotel recently. Our goal is for our guests to be completely satisfied with their stay. Due to Trip Advisors privacy policy, I have no contact information for you. I would be more than happy to talk with you concerning this issue and compensate for the unfortunate experience you encountered.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Reviewed 6 October 2013 via mobile

Thank you for allowing pets! We called 6 places before finally finding your hotel. We often travel with our dog. She is a well behaved girl and loves visiting new places. Holiday Inn is the only hotel (out of the 6 we called) that would allow her to stay too. I was told that Holiday Inn may be changing their pet policy to no pets. We will only be calling Holiday Inn from now on and save the frustration of getting turned away. Your staff is helpful and friendly. Rooms clean. And beds comfey! My husband me and our pooch give you 4 paws up ane "beg" you not to change this policy!

• Stayed September 2013
HI E, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lancaster, responded to this review, 14 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay and how happy you were that we accepted pets. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.
Bellingham, Massachusetts
Reviewed 27 September 2013

We were very pleased with this hotel overall, and especially with the customer service of the front desk attendant Jennifer Cordova in particular. Jennifer was extremely helpful and went above and beyond to accommodate my husband and I as we were in the process of traveling from MA to Lancaster, OH to adopt our newborn son. We had several requests, and with each of them she performed them with a smile on her face and was quick to try to help. The room was clean, and the housekeeping staff were very pleasant and friendly. The complimentary breakfast offered at the hotel had a wide variety of options - something to please everyone! There are also many retail stores and chain restaurants nearby, so it was a very convenient location.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
What a nice review! Thank you for sharing your great experience at our hotel. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. We appreciate the wonderful comments about Jennifer and her guest service skills. Guest Service is very important to us. We are looking forward to seeing you again soon. Good Luck with your new addition to your family!
Bellefontaine, Ohio
Reviewed 15 September 2013

Convenient location, professional staff, clean room, comfy beds, and really decent breakfast (scrambled eggs, sausage patties, biscuits, sausage gravy and the usual other breakfast items), served in a spacious breakfast room. Unfortunately the walls are very thin, and we could clearly hear guests, in the hall outside our room, cheerfully converse, and sing short selections from the Sound Of Music, at 1 in the morning. But overall it was a pleasant nights stay.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Thank you for choosing to stay with us! We are happy to hear you were satisfied with our hotel and staff. We are looking forward to seeing you again soon.
Mitchellville, Ia
Reviewed 6 September 2013

Stayed here three nights while visiting my Mom who now lives in an assisted living facility. My first trip back since our family house sold.

Friendly staff! Clean, comfortable and affordable made it an easy transition. The location was easy to find and lose to shopping and dining choices, plus easy to get to Mom's new place.

Room Tip: Entire facility nice!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
We are happy to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us! We look forward to having you stay with us in the future.
Galion, Ohio
Reviewed 5 September 2013

Made a quick run down to Hocking Hills, a great place to hike and buy stuff! But the hotels tend to be a bit higher, and there are not as many restaurants as Lancaster. Lancaster is only a few miles away, so we stayed at the Holiday Inn express, and were not disappointed. A better rate than Logan, a very clean room, a comfortable bed, and we were really surprised by the breakfast, it included hot cakes, biscuits and gravy, eggs, sausage plus all the usual food items. Some really friendly people, so we have no complaints. You need to visit all of the Hocking Hills Parks, absolutely beautiful!!

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for choosing to stay with us! We appreciate your wonderful comments about our hotel and your stay. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 4 September 2013

I liked everything about this place. The grounds were clean and well kept, the room was spacious and clean, the breakfast was very good, and the staff were nice and very helpful. I will stay there again..

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
HI E, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lancaster, responded to this review, 15 October 2013
Thank you for letting us know about your great experience at our hotel. We appreciate your comments. We are looking forward to seeing you again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lancaster
Hampton Inn Lancaster
Hampton Inn Lancaster
#1 of 5 in Lancaster
Baymont Inn & Suites Lancaster
Holiday Inn Express Logan
Baymont Inn & Suites Logan
BEST WESTERN Canal Winchester Inn - Columbus South East
BEST WESTERN Canal Winchester In...
#1 of 1 in Canal Winchester
Hampton Inn Columbus-East
Hampton Inn Columbus-East
#1 of 3 in Pickerington

Been to Holiday Inn Express Lancaster? Share your experiences!