“Good Night's Sleep but a bit pricey.”

Holiday Inn Express Lancaster
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Lancaster
Jane Lew, West Virginia
“Good Night's Sleep but a bit pricey.”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Nice hotel, good room and a good bed but I feel $160.00 is a bit high for what we got. The breakfast was fairly good for a hotel freeby. Staff was good but they needed another clerk when we checked in.

Room Tip: The King Size bed was excellent.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Lakeland, Florida
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We made our reservations several months in advance for a family wedding event. Of all the rooms that werein advaced some called directly to the hotel and some the main reservation center. In our case we had called directly to the hotel. When we arrived and to our surprise there were family rooms on each floor. When I complained the receptionist stated that they do not honor that request. Questioning why we were told that she no doubt became rude and defensive. She immediately got the manager who was no doubt a continuation of the first. The manager stated the same reason and added the problem was from the reservation line. Obviously a lie. At that point it wasn't worth continuing the conversation. Some one in authority needs to send these two a class in Productive Human Relations. This hotel is very comfortable and clean with wonderful staff. Honestly I could NOT recomend the this hotel for family event at all.

including only house keeping and the ladies in the breakfast. The rating would have been much highernbut do tonthemclerks

Room Tip: Do not stay in this hotel for multiple rooms and multiple family rooms.would suggest one night only.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lancaster, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Dear Douglas W,

First of all, thank you for choosing our hotel for your family event. We appreciate you taking the time to write a review about your experience. Your kind words intended for our housekeeping staff will serve as an inspiration to provide superior guest satisfaction. Conversely, you mentioned in detail some issues regarding your reservation. I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you.

We have taken note of your comments and I am confident that our hotel will take the necessary action in order to make sure situations like this can be avoided in the future. Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to serving you again.

Tracy V.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Reviewed 25 November 2013 via mobile

My husband and I have stayed at this Holiday Inn at least 6 times this year. Everyone is so friendly and the rooms have always been clean, comfortable and the beds are AMAZING! I always say- if I could fit one of those beds in my purse.....
My first stay was in Feb2013. My granddaughter was turning 13 and wanted a few of her friends to spend the night. Holiday Inn was the only hotel in Lancaster accommodating to us. We got a suite which was the perfect size for our little party. My daughter, granddaughter, myself and 4 teenage girls played Scategories and Wii and had a blast!!
We stayed in Aug as my daughter was having an operation at 8am. I'm always late so thought it best to stay the night instead of fighting the traffic getting out of Columbus.
We stayed again later that month and everyone asked how my daughters operation went! The entire staff remembered and showed concern! It feels good when people remember the events in your life. It makes it feel like family.
We stayed in September and again in October. My daughter got married the end of October and I reserved 2 rooms on a completely booked weekend. And of course, they remembered us again.
We did have an issue that stay but the manager was very nice and gave us a complimentary night.
I have to say the breakfast is always fresh and the biscuits and gravy are great!! The little lady who tends the breakfast bar is so sweet! On many occasions she will fix a plate to take back to the room ,for my husband, if he decides to sleep in. And she gives a very welcoming energy to everyone. It's a great way to wake up in the morning! And tipping is allowed. So don't forget to show your appreciation cuz she deserves it.
I realize this review is wordy. But to just say- stay here. This place is great.- is not enough. We will be staying again this week for Thanksgiving. I will probably leave another review. In the meantime, if you are looking for friendly service and a comfortable stay, my advice is- STAY HERE. THIS PLACE IS GREAT!
Juba Moon - Columbus, Ohio

Stayed October 2013
Holiday Inn Exp... L, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lancaster, responded to this review, 11 December 2013
Thank you so much for taking your time to give us a great review! It is always nice to know you had such a great experience and that we are a Holiday Inn Express that guests love! We are excited you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again soon.
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 7 November 2013

Room was good size, beds were comfortable and clean. I like the Bath and Body Works toiletries and the towels seemed pretty fluffy for hotel towels.

When I was there the fire alarm went off two times around 1 a.m.---literally had me jump out of bed it was so loud! Which is obviously a good thing if there is an actual fire, but there was not, The front desk staff that night and the next morning had no explanation. There was another staff member stocking the breakfast bar in the morning and something about the fire alarm going off twice was mentioned to him. He kind of laughed and said something like, "Well two times is a lot less than usual." This tells me that this is an ongoing issue that clearly has not been dealt with.

There were several young kids staying at the time (I think for a birthday or family party) but they were running up and down the halls above us after 11 p.m. and this was loud and annoying. Obviously, this is more of a parenting issue than a hotel issue, but it could and should have been dealt with by hotel staff.

The breakfast was pretty nice---nothing gourmet but everything was fresh and was restocked as needed. It would have been nice if they had better choice/quality in tea, as it was just a generic brand. I had recently stayed in a Holiday Inn Express where they had BIgelow teas and that was nice.

Other than the fire alarm issue, everything was nice.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Anne L
Thank you for taking the time to post a review for your stay at our hotel. We apologize for the unfortunate experience of the fire alarm sounding. This was a circumstance that is out of our control. It is unfortunate to get woke up by a horn sounding but at the same time we are glad to know that it is doing its job. We take pride in our hotel and want our guests to have the best experience possible. We hope you come back and stay with us soon.
Otsego, Michigan, United States
Reviewed 14 October 2013

First and most important......PLEASE do not change your pet policy. It is so difficult for those of us who have well trained/behaved pets that travel with us and not be able to find a hotel that will allow them. We stayed for 5 days. They are one of the few pet friendly hotels and that is a huge plus for us responsible pet owners. Housekeeping was wonderful - very kind and thorough. Desk Clerks were so helpful and very accommodating. I had taken my mother back home to Ohio to visit family and friends and she needs a handicap accessible room, etc. It was absolutely perfect. Lots of room and my only complaint is that I have no way to take this bed back to Michigan with me :o) thank you so much to all of you - and we will be back!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Tammie A
Thank you for the great review on your experience at our hotel. We are pleased to see that your stay was enjoyable for both you and your pet! We are looking forward to seeing you and your pet return in the near future!
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Reviewed 13 October 2013

When we arrived, no rooms to our specification were ready so the desk clerk upgraded us so that we could get into our room. Since we came for fair week and to be with family, the suite was perfect. The bed was comfortable and the staff was very friendly and helpful!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
HI E, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lancaster, responded to this review, 14 October 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your great experience at our hotel. We appreciate your kind words concerning our hotel and staff. Guest satisfaction is #1 with us! I am happy to hear that your upgrade into a suite was very accommodating for you and your family. We are looking forward to seeing again soon.
Milan, MI
Reviewed 10 October 2013

I always come to Trip Advisor before I book my hotels for travel. I am on the road 3-4 night per week for work. I booked this hotel based on reviews, and I feel like I am on an alternate universe with the reviews on this hotel. I had traveled all day for work and hauled up at a luggage cart full of items to my suite after an 8:30 pm arrival. First thing I noticed when I opened the door...odor. The room smelled like old smoke, not good. I was literally too tired to take the filled cart all the way back down and start over, so I thought I would just endure it. Got in the suite, unloaded the cart, made my way over to the bed area. Now add musty to the old smoke and that was my room. Finally got into the bed exhausted only to find the sheets were all pilled, you know when they get old and are covered with tiny rough pieces of thread. Then they miss e little things that a Gold Plus member gets used to....no receipt under my door. I don't think that has ever happened to me at a Holiday Inn. To top it off I needed to use the microwave in their pantry to heat up an item for a customer visit. The one of the room is tiny, low wattage and takes forever. Nope, wouldn't let me. If you are accustomed to a nicer Holiday Inn experience...this is not it. Never again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank tracyrd
HI E, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lancaster, responded to this review, 11 October 2013
Dear tracyrd,
I apologize for the experience you had at our hotel recently. Our goal is for our guests to be completely satisfied with their stay. Due to Trip Advisors privacy policy, I have no contact information for you. I would be more than happy to talk with you concerning this issue and compensate for the unfortunate experience you encountered.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lancaster
Hampton Inn Lancaster
Hampton Inn Lancaster
#1 of 5 in Lancaster
Baymont Inn & Suites Lancaster
Holiday Inn Express Logan
Baymont Inn & Suites Logan
Best Western Canal Winchester Inn - Columbus South East
Best Western Canal Winchester In...
#1 of 1 in Canal Winchester
Best Western Executive Suites - Columbus East

Been to Holiday Inn Express Lancaster? Share your experiences!