“First time at winery”

Rockside Winery and Vineyards
Ranked #5 of 19 things to do in Lancaster
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Established by Ron and Lynn Rutter in 2007, Rockside Winery and Vineyards has 4.5 acres of vineyards growing Cabernet Franc, Chambourcin, Vidal Blanc, and Niagara, among others. The majority of Rockside Winery's production is from grapes grown on the property. The winery building is nestled among the vines and provides a picturesque setting for enjoying wine by the taste, glass, or bottle. The winery is a beautiful and unique location for private events. Rockside Winery and Vineyards is a little slice of wine country right in central Ohio's back yard.
Reviewed 5 April 2014

We visited with friends and spent over $60 dollars on tastings and wine. On the the way out we were accused of stealing a wine glass. Really? Won't be back.

2  Thank Susanne S
Valerie C, Owner at Rockside Winery and Vineyards, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2015

We are very sorry to hear that you had a bad experience. We did not own the winery at the time of your visit. Our family purchased RSV, name changed to Rockside Winery and Vineyards, in October 2015. I would like to invite you to come back and visit us again. I think you will be very pleased with some of the changes we made, and you'll love our son Ryan, the tasting room manager. OK maybe as his mom I'm a bit biased!

Reviewed 16 October 2013

I had the pleasure of stopping into the Rockside Vineyard on Saturday with my guy. I tried all of the white wines and one red that I fell in love with. The people who served us were the owners. The couple was friendly and engaging. I loved that they told me about the wine I was getting ready to drink before it touched my lips. The sample pours were $0.50. I was already a little buzzed after tasting the whites so I didn't get through the reds plus it was closing time. I recommend the the Niagara and the Rockside Red for those who love sweeter wines. I left the winery with the Rockside Red. I am not a red wine fan, though I understand that it is better for you. I have only come across one other red that I love but the Rockside Red will be my new favorite. I can't wait to return. They have apple wine brewing to release in the next few months. I also really enjoyed talking to the owners. They make you feel like your business is appreciated.

2  Thank Kristin R