“Highly Recommended”
Review of Ash Ridge Cabins

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Laurelville
Ash Ridge Cabins
Reviewed 8 April 2013

Last fall was my first visit to Joshua and Julie's cabins and I left knowing I would be back despite the long journey from Texas (our reservation for this fall is already booked)! They were extremely friendly from the moment we checked in for our 1 week stay to the minute we checked out. Their family went above and beyond to make sure we had everything we needed to escape the daily stresses of life. The view was superb, the cabin was fantastic and the experience met all my expectations... I can't wait to return!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
Joshua F, Owner at Ash Ridge Cabins, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2013

Thanks for your feedback, we appreciate it. It was good to meet you last November and very glad to hear you'll be returning again this November. See you then.

Reviewed 5 April 2013

My wife and I (and now our two children) have been staying in Josh and Julie's cabins for many years, and it is now an annual tradition that we simply cannot miss. The fact that I am able to say "Josh and Julie" should tell you how much personal attention and care they put into making your stay as comfortable, peaceful, and relaxing as possible. We've watched their family grow along with ours, and have stayed in many of their cabins and their newer cottage down the hill, and each piece of property is extraordinary. From the moment you arrive (Julie and the kids are always cooking something wonderful in their home), you're treated like you're one of their own. One year, it was quite snowy, and Josh actually took the time to help carry our bags, one by one, up to our cabin (and this is quite a hike!). It says a lot that so many of these reviews mention Josh and Julie (and their kids) by name, but I'm not surprised that they have made a good impression on so many people. We have vacationed in cabins around Ohio and throughout Tennessee (Pigeon Forge area), but I can honestly say that no matter where we go, we always laugh and say "if only this was an Ash Ridge cabin"...they have simply set the bar that high. If you're looking for a personal getaway, a romantic time away, or some quality family time with your kids, you just simply can't do any better than what Josh and Julie have created. They have certainly put their heart and soul into this business, and we're already looking forward to our next stay this fall.

Room Tip: Each cabin has its own personality, but each one is absolutely gorgeous. Don't miss out on the c...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Joshua F, Owner at Ash Ridge Cabins, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2013

Thanks so much for the nice comments, can't tell you how much it makes all the work worth it to read comments like yours. It's been an absolute pleasure doing business with you for the last 6 years, and we look forward to seeing your beautiful family again soon!

Reviewed 5 April 2013

This is a great little piece of heaven tucked away in the Hocking Hills area. The cabins are all Amish built and have a great warm feeling about them. They opened up in 2005 and I have been there every year accept for one year. When you enter your cabin you are greeted by classical music as well as a candle burning on the kitchen table. They have all the comforts of home and you will feel just like you are at home. In the morning you are in for a great treat. In the refrigerator are homemade cinnamon rolls from a local bakery called The Roll Up Yonder. They are the best Cinnamon rolls I have ever had they are something I look forward to overtime. Do not forget to slip into the hot tub and enjoy a nice relaxing view. They have four cabins and each one has something different to offer you. The Sweet Heart cabin is my favorite as it has the best view of the valley below you. Next time you are in need of a place to stay and are going to visit Hocking Hills stay at Ash Ridges Cabins you will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: All of the cabins are great and have that at home feeling. But if you can get the Sweet Heart cabin...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your comments. Great to see you guys again last year. Hope to have you back with us again this October!

Reviewed 5 April 2013

Joshua and Julie run a first class operation! I look forward to my week in the beautiful Hocking Hills every year. Their cabins are always warm and inviting and provide the perfect environment to leave the busy world behind. Staying here is a 17 hour drive I look forward to, starting the moment I am pulling away from my stay. I also recommend the family made baking items, candles and soap. Save me 2 Christmas Morning Candles! I admire the upfront approach of their policies and business practices. Expectations and amenities are clear and concise, everything is processed in a professional and timely manner so there are no worries or delays when you arrive, or after you depart; simply arrive, check-in (greeted by a smile), and relax. Thank you guys, TOP NOTCH!!!!!

Room Tip: Ever cabin on site is the perfact retreat, theres is not a bad room on the hill!
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo

Hey man, thanks for the vote of confidence, we always look forward to having you in November each year, and we'll make sure to have a few Christmas Morning candles on hand! See you in a few months.

Reviewed 1 April 2013

We have stayed at Ash Ridge Cabins at least 7 times over the last few years, and each time has been absolutely perfect! The cabins are very clean, well-appointed, and quite private. Joshua and Julie are always outstanding hosts, always gracious and will not hesitate to go out of their way to make your stay the best it can be. They even went out of their way to help my husband arrange a "surprise" for me on our most recent visit for our 25th wedding anniversary! Ash Ridge Cabins are the ONLY cabins we will recommend to friends. The website pics are exactly how you will find the cabins to look when you arrive. In addition, the Flournoy's add many other special touches and treats to each cabin. The beds are super comfortable, the hot tubs always clean, and the views are beautiful. You won't want to leave to go home!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Joshua F, Owner at Ash Ridge Cabins, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2013

Thanks so much for the comments, you guys are great! We enjoyed having you back with us again last week, and so glad you enjoyed the Anniversary "surprise". We look forward to seeing you again at Christmas.

Reviewed 1 April 2013

My wife and I have stayed at Joshua and Julies Ash Ridge Cabins for seven years now. Most of those years we vacationed there twice during the year, usually a spring weekend visit and in October, a week to two week visit. We have always enjoyed the hospitality of Joshua, Julie, and all of the children. We have treasured our visits, leaving refreshed and anxious for our next trip back. The cabin has been maintained flawlessly, and Joshua and Julie have always gone out of there way to accommodate our every need, often making extra trips to the cabin with clean towels and extra bird food for the feeders. For a Hocking Hills vacation you'll always remember, we highly recommend vacationing at Ash Ridge cabins.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple

Thanks so much for the nice comments. Guests like you make it a pleasure to be in business. We're looking forward to seeing you again next month.

Reviewed 18 October 2012

The Hocking Hills region is close enough to Columbus, that I am able to visit 1-2 times a year. Following some cabin stays that were sufficient to good, we happened upon these VIA web searching. Look no further. The cabins are maintained flawlessly. The location is excellent. The owners are wonderful innkeepers.

Room Tip: Of the cabins on the property, we have stayed in the Lovers Loft ,a cabin that can sleep up to 5-6...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Laurelville
Holiday Inn Express Logan
The Inn & Spa at Cedar Falls
Hocking Hills Inn
Hocking Hills Inn
#24 of 29 in Logan

Been to Ash Ridge Cabins? Share your experiences!