“Riding in Hocking Hills”
Review of Blue Moon Acres

Blue Moon Acres
Columbus, Ohio
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Riding in Hocking Hills”
Reviewed 30 July 2013

I had a great time riding at Blue Moon Acres in the fall of 2012. The horses were well behaved but forward. The staff was knowledgeable and helpful. We had nice walks up and down some challenging hills along with trots and canters along flatter parts of the ride. The scenery was amazing, as the hocking hills always is. What better way to see it than on horseback. This ride is definitely worth doing if you are an advanced rider and has horses and challenges for all levels :) I can't wait to get back!

Visited November 2012
5 Thank Beth M

Ohio
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“GREAT experience!!”
Reviewed 19 July 2013

All three of us were novice riders. We had one nervous rider that the staff were VERY kind and accommodating. You could really tell they wanted everyone to have a good experience and learn to love horses. Our nervous rider went from very nervous to petting horses and actually riding the horse for 2 hours! It was a blast that we all got to learn how to ride and feel comfortable on the horses. They also took pictures for us! Good ones too!

The horses were very well loved and cared for. The owners passion for horses was pronounced and catching. We all went away loving the horses and would be excited to make it back one day. Thanks for the fantastic memories.

Visited July 2013
6 Thank Bob M
Saint Paul, Minnesota
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Amazing Experience - First time rider or experienced!”
Reviewed 8 May 2013

My husband and I really enjoyed our experience at Blue Moon Acres! It was his first time ever riding and he was a bit nervous going into it. The calm, laid back teaching provided helped him feel comfortable and confident by the end of the ride. The learning environment was great -- it was positive and challenging. I have been riding a few different times and still enjoyed the ride. It definitely isn't just a "walk in a line, plodding along" kind of ride. It can be customized to fit the group riding and the trail itself provides exciting bits and calm bits along the way. A great experience at a great price! If we ever return to Ohio, we'd definitely go back!

Visited May 2013
5 Thank AdventureMNGirl
Muncie, Indiana
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Best Horseback Riding”
Reviewed 27 August 2012

We really loved horsebacking riding here. It was just me and my partner on the ride, and we got to get the horses up to a trot. It wasn't like many horseback riding places where the horses just seem to go along automatically. I felt like I really learned something. Nice people, too!

Visited May 2012