“Best trail ride ever!!”

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Best trail ride ever!!”
Reviewed 20 October 2013

While celebrating our 20th anniversary we wanted to do something unique during our stay (besides hiking in Hocking Hills). While reviewing riding stables online I came across Blue Moon Acres. I liked the fact that they only take out small groups and have a smaller number of horses available. This means that each horse gets more individual attention and care than a stable with 20+ horses. What really hooked me is the fact that they have horses for larger people. Neither of us has been on a horse for almost 20 years and during that time we have gained a lot of weight!
We played phone tag for a few days (mostly because of my schedule). In talking to Becky, I could tell she really cares and wanted to make sure she picked the right horses for us. My husband rode Stroker, the Percheron, and I rode Mysti’k, a draft mix. They were perfect choices! Stroker calm and smart (great for a beginner) and Mysti’k was spunky but did everything I asked of her (I am an advanced rider). It was drizzling that morning so we wore rain ponchos and took the 2 hour ride. I was just as good as going on a clear day. The trails are not just on level ground as some trail rides are. We saw a lot of interesting rock formations and parts of the trail were muddy and slippery which made the ride even better!
The horses are the healthiest, best groomed riding horses I have ever seen at trail ride stable. I felt the price for a 2-hour ride was more than fair due to our experience. I highly recommend this place.
Pros: Great horses, great experience, personalized trail ride.
Cons: Not for large groups, young kids who are novice riders

Visited October 2013
6 Thank Diane B

6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Excellent way to get outdoors and see the Hocking State Forest on horseback. ”
Reviewed 5 October 2013 via mobile

We are first time riders and had an incredible time. Becky and her husband Robert were wonderful, knowledgeable and great hosts. As well as her horses, beautiful and well mannered. I can't wait to come and ride again through the forests of Hocking Hills Ohio. Next time would like to do the three or four hour ride. Thanks for such a personalized and memorable experience.

6 Thank PaulPries
Michigan
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“GREAT Horseback Riding”
Reviewed 20 September 2013

My two friends and I had the pleasure of riding at Blue Moon Acres. Becky and Robert are very friendly, experienced, safety conscious and thorough about matching you with just the right horse for a GREAT Horseback Riding outing. We rode for a solid two hours through beautiful forests and streams and all the horses bahaved very well and had very good trail and rider manners. I strongly urge you to consider Blue Moon Acres for your next riding experience.

Visited September 2013
6 Thank mchayford
Cleveland, Ohio, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“There is NO Better Horseback Riding Stable”
Reviewed 30 July 2013

We have ridden with Rebecca several times, and will not ride at any other stable. It's like you are out riding with a friend, not like you are riding a brainless "follow the tail in front of you" horse. Becky is knowledgable and patient, and her horses are up for whatever you are interested in. Want to walk? Fine. Thinking about trying to learn to trot? Let's go. Check them out, you absolutely will have never had a better riding experience at any "for rent" stable.

Visited October 2012
4 Thank Cari L
Columbus, Ohio
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Riding in Hocking Hills”
Reviewed 30 July 2013

I had a great time riding at Blue Moon Acres in the fall of 2012. The horses were well behaved but forward. The staff was knowledgeable and helpful. We had nice walks up and down some challenging hills along with trots and canters along flatter parts of the ride. The scenery was amazing, as the hocking hills always is. What better way to see it than on horseback. This ride is definitely worth doing if you are an advanced rider and has horses and challenges for all levels :) I can't wait to get back!

Visited November 2012