“Loved It”

The Golden Lamb Inn
Ranked #1 of 4 Lebanon B&B and Inns
Reviewed 21 March 2013

and cannot wait to go back! We had dinner at the hotel, drinks in the tavern. The staff was helpful and kind. The beds were very comfortable. Staying here was like stepping back into time and we loved it. A very nice getaway, away from the hustle and bustle.

Room Tip: Check the website.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Christina L

Reviewed 12 March 2013

I had a business trip that necessitated a stay in Lebanon, Ohio and The Golden Lamb was recommended as the place to stay. The Inn was clean and the staff helpful; they offered to carry my luggage upstairs as there is no elevator in the establishment. I stayed in the John Quincy Adams room on the second floor. Although there is WiFi capabilities in the room, there was not a desk to work on so as a business traveler that makes it a bit harder. The lighting is somewhat dim as well. The rooms are very tastefully done with period pieces; however, the foam bed (which was comfortable) sits on such a high platform that I literally had to hoist myself into the bed given how vertically challenged I am (5'2"). I never thought that getting into bed would be such a strenuous activity, but once I got into it I didn't dare try to get back out unnecessarily. There was a little chair near the bed and I'm not sure if that is meant to assist people into bed, but it didn't look sturdy enough to accomplish the task. Outside of housekeeping running the vacuum in the hallway at 10:45 pm in the evening, i slept well. The food in the Tavern/Restaurant was good although service is somewhat slow as there was only the bartender who was also waiting on tables in the Tavern. (She was hustling as quick as she could though so I'm not sure if it was the kitchen that was slow or the wait staff.) The continental breakfast was somewhat disappointing as it was all pastries, cereals, some yogurt; not one hard boiled egg to be found. Coffee and hot water served in a carafe. Now that i have stayed there once, I don't feel the need to stay again should my travels take me through the area again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that does not face the main street as it is heavily trafficked.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Gabettarossa
Reviewed 2 February 2013

My husband and I have never left our children for a night away, so when the opportunity arose, we were thrilled to spend the night at the Golden Lamb. When we arrived, the staff members that greeted us were warm and exceptionally kind. When we requested a late checkout, they were happy to oblige. We took our belongings to our third floor room, the William Mckinley, and then headed down to the tavern to see if we could get dessert. The kitchen was closed, but the bartender went to see if we could still order something. We were pleased when they agreed! We enjoyed a fabulous dessert (the flourless chocolate torte) and headed up to go to sleep and sleep as late as was humanly possible.

The bed was horrific, and the pillows were flat. My husband and I each spent the night tossing and turning, never getting comfortable. Eventually we discovered that the foot of the bed was slightly higher than the head of the bed, and that made a small bit of difference, but it was little relief from sleeping on what was barely softer than a slab of concrete. Instead of getting a full night's sleep for the first time in years, we left the inn even less rested than we arrived. We certainly won't be returning.

• Stayed: February 2013
4  Thank Afeldmann
Reviewed 27 January 2013

My wife and I returned to the Golden Lamb at the request of the General Manager after our first experience back on October 15, 2012 had ended so horribly(see review posted october 15th by both my wife and I). Thru correspondence with the General Manager we were convinced to return to the Inn to give them a second chance to show what they could do under less stressful circumstances(Mitt Romney rally in Lebanon). We returned on January 26th, 2013 for one night to celebrate my wife's birthday. We also made reservations for dinner in the formal dining room again. Upon our arrival we were escorted to our room by the night manager Mr. Tim Price. We had been given one of their suites(the Rutherford B. Hayes suite) gratis as part of the request for us to return. Inside was a bottle of champagne and a plate of huge chocolate covered strawberries. Suite was very comfy with two queen size beds in the bedroom and a nice sitting area next door with two comfy chairs, a sofa, footrest and tv. Of course the room was filled with the requisite antiques throughout. We dined at 7:15 in the main dining room and were given a window table. Our waitress, Emma took excellent care of us throughout our meal. If you go to the Inn please ask for her as she was wine knowledgeable, professional, fun, knew the menu inside and out, knew the area, etc. Every one of her suggestions were spot on. Needless to say the meal was FANTASTIC. If you like lamb you must try their lamb loin! Outstanding. The home made banana creme pie for dessert will make you remember what home made pies taste like. The breakfast/brunch the next morning was just as delicious.
As bad as our first experience was, and it was very bad, we are very glad we were convinced to come back under normal circumstances. They really stepped up to make us feel special. Even taking into consideration that the staff had been briefed prior to treat us with kid gloves; the experience was wonderful. If you are a fan of local history you will enjoy the historian that goes from table to table during dinner educating you to what the hotel and area have to offer. The Golden Lamb Inn and restaurant is a must if you are looking for a fun weekend!

Room Tip: The Charles Dickens room is the room to get. 2nd floor and overlooks downtown Lebanon. If you want...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Bill B
Reviewed 13 January 2013

We spent one night in the Charles Dickens room on the second floor (no elevator). We really enjoyed the room with its comfortable queen-sized bed and down pillows. The room faced the main street, but we did not have any issues with noise at all. This room is not adjacent to any other guest rooms, so it is very quiet for that reason as well. Bathroom was small and was in use of updating, but served its purpose. Period furnishings throughout the Inn are very nice. I reiterate others' comments that the food has improved. Everything we had was really good and am so glad to see that their yeast rolls are as good as ever. Lebanon is a fun place to visit as well -- numerous shops along Main Street.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 January 2013

I stayed here in February of 2012. I booked my room over the phone and had no issues with booking. I called to confirm a few days before to make sure everything was set to go and it was. Upon arrival, I was checked in promptly and was able to haul my luggage to my room. Only downside with everything is there are no elevators, only stairs so try and pack light! My room just happened to be at the very top floor!! What a workout that was but I surely needed it! I loved the fact that the other rooms that weren't rented were open and roped off for viewing. The room was perfect. Everything was amazing during my trip. The only reason I didn't give the location 4 stars was that I thought the continental breakfast should've had at least oatmeal or a warm item for what you're paying for for the room. Other than that, It was amazing!! I can't wait to stay again!

Room Tip: I stayed in the Ronald Reagan room. It has a beautiful large headboard and a little bigger bathroom...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 November 2012

My partner and I have been coming here for 20 years to celebrate our anniversary, Over the last few years, we noticed a bit of a deterioration in the maintenance and quality of service, but this year, things seemed to be back on track. Our room (Harriet Beecher Stowe) was ready when we arrived and was well=-cleaned. All of the staff were friendly throughout the trip, especially the waiter that we had in the restaurant for dinner. He suggested certain items which he thought were especially popular. I had the Shepherd's Pie, and it was wonderful! They've cut back on some of the "extras" that you used to get (e.g., relish plate, basket full of crackers), but overall, the food was delicious. A free continental breaksfast in the morning has been replaced by an a la carte menu--a bit pricey, but good.

Don't expect the conveniences of a Hilton or Embassy Suites. But that's what gives the place its charm! And enjoy the historic downtown and the antique shops while you're there.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank David50226
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lebanon
Comfort Inn Monroe
Comfort Inn Monroe
#1 of 4 in Monroe
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Mason/Kings Island
Comfort Suites - Kings Island
Hampton Inn Cincinnati - Kings Island
Best Western Mason Inn
Drury Inn & Suites Middletown Franklin

Been to The Golden Lamb Inn? Share your experiences!