“Great experience”

Ranked #1 of 4 Lebanon B&B and Inns
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Great experience”
Reviewed 15 July 2013

We stayed just one night on our way through Ohio in July 2013. We wanted to do something different & boy did we get that. Our teenage girls loved it too. We stayed in the Martin Van Buren room. This was a perfect room for us, because it had two large beds & a twin. The girls were already planning a return trip to stay at the Inn & go to Kings Island. The downtown was very quaint, I wish we had more time to explore it. (Just know in advance that there is no elevator, this is clearly listed on their website)

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Katie W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Gallatin, Tennessee
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Stayed here 4th of July Weekend in the George W Bush Room. Found the Lamb to be professionally managed and comfortable. The room itself was beautiful and comfortable.The bed was a little small for two people, maybe a double marginally. Dinner, included in our rate; was outstanding though the fliet was more akin to a pot roast.Everyone was friendly and more than accommodating. Overall a great stay in a historical lovely property 30 minutes from Cincinnati.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Athens, Ohio
Reviewed 9 May 2013

My sister and I stayed at the Golden Lamb in May, 2013.

The Pros: I have stayed in a number of historic inns and I can say that the condition of the Inn and the staff's attentiveness is just superior. Tim was just unbelievable and so was Kelly. They elevated a good stay to a superior one.

The Cons: The Golden Lamb does not have an elevator. We had to hike two flights to our room, but the staff was very willing to help us with luggage. However, it was tough to just run upstairs for something. I would say that if you cannot negotiate steps (knee problems, etc.) then this is not the place for you.

Problems and resolutions: We had a small disaster in the middle of the night. Our smoke detector started beeping around 3 am (like when a battery is low). It beeped, beeped, beeped for 3 hours. I just hid my head in the pillows and tried to ignore it. When I went downstairs in the morning, I told the front desk about the problem. They were so nice, so sorry. The desk person gave us apple butter when we left, and then later, they sent me a $50 gift card with their apologies. Instead of being annoyed with this little problem, I am their loyal slave.

Dining: We ate in the bar for lunch. The food was really good but the bartender/waiter was not very good. I guess you could describe him as indifferent, more interested in fiddling with his phone, which he did most of the time we were there. But that did not deter us from enjoying the food and the ambience.

We had a WONDERFUL meal one night in the main restaurant. The service was superior, too.

All in all, it was a great experience and I would go back in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: There are queen bed rooms on the second floor, but I think that most of the rooms with two beds are...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Persnicketyanne
Argos, Indiana
Reviewed 7 May 2013

My girls' Greek Letter society had a tour of the historic Golden Lamb Inn and had lunch there as a spring outing. It was great to see this bit of history, and the food was excellent. Later I saw the Golden Lamb Inn featured in a TV travelogue, and I was so glad I actually had visited this historic place.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Sheila B
Piqua, Ohio
Reviewed 21 March 2013

and cannot wait to go back! We had dinner at the hotel, drinks in the tavern. The staff was helpful and kind. The beds were very comfortable. Staying here was like stepping back into time and we loved it. A very nice getaway, away from the hustle and bustle.

Room Tip: Check the website.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Christina L
Pennsylvania
Reviewed 12 March 2013

I had a business trip that necessitated a stay in Lebanon, Ohio and The Golden Lamb was recommended as the place to stay. The Inn was clean and the staff helpful; they offered to carry my luggage upstairs as there is no elevator in the establishment. I stayed in the John Quincy Adams room on the second floor. Although there is WiFi capabilities in the room, there was not a desk to work on so as a business traveler that makes it a bit harder. The lighting is somewhat dim as well. The rooms are very tastefully done with period pieces; however, the foam bed (which was comfortable) sits on such a high platform that I literally had to hoist myself into the bed given how vertically challenged I am (5'2"). I never thought that getting into bed would be such a strenuous activity, but once I got into it I didn't dare try to get back out unnecessarily. There was a little chair near the bed and I'm not sure if that is meant to assist people into bed, but it didn't look sturdy enough to accomplish the task. Outside of housekeeping running the vacuum in the hallway at 10:45 pm in the evening, i slept well. The food in the Tavern/Restaurant was good although service is somewhat slow as there was only the bartender who was also waiting on tables in the Tavern. (She was hustling as quick as she could though so I'm not sure if it was the kitchen that was slow or the wait staff.) The continental breakfast was somewhat disappointing as it was all pastries, cereals, some yogurt; not one hard boiled egg to be found. Coffee and hot water served in a carafe. Now that i have stayed there once, I don't feel the need to stay again should my travels take me through the area again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that does not face the main street as it is heavily trafficked.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Gabettarossa
Reviewed 2 February 2013

My husband and I have never left our children for a night away, so when the opportunity arose, we were thrilled to spend the night at the Golden Lamb. When we arrived, the staff members that greeted us were warm and exceptionally kind. When we requested a late checkout, they were happy to oblige. We took our belongings to our third floor room, the William Mckinley, and then headed down to the tavern to see if we could get dessert. The kitchen was closed, but the bartender went to see if we could still order something. We were pleased when they agreed! We enjoyed a fabulous dessert (the flourless chocolate torte) and headed up to go to sleep and sleep as late as was humanly possible.

The bed was horrific, and the pillows were flat. My husband and I each spent the night tossing and turning, never getting comfortable. Eventually we discovered that the foot of the bed was slightly higher than the head of the bed, and that made a small bit of difference, but it was little relief from sleeping on what was barely softer than a slab of concrete. Instead of getting a full night's sleep for the first time in years, we left the inn even less rested than we arrived. We certainly won't be returning.

• Stayed February 2013
4 Thank Afeldmann
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lebanon
Best Western Mason Inn
Hampton Inn Middletown
Hampton Inn Middletown
#1 of 5 in Middletown
Hampton Inn Cincinnati - Kings Island
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Mason/Kings Island
Baymont Inn & Suites Mason
Drury Inn & Suites Middletown Franklin

Been to The Golden Lamb Inn? Share your experiences!