“What a joke!”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: SR 42 @ SR 48 Bypass
Reviewed 28 May 2014

After hearing folks rave about the food and service I thought maybe I went to the wrong place! Terrible from the moment I walked in picked up a to go order which to be honest I think they forgot to place! Nothing special honestly have had better bar food

1  Thank Richard M
There are newer reviews for The Patriot Steakhouse & Tavern

Reviewed 15 April 2014

The Patriot Steakhouse a wide variety of great food. It can get a little pricey if you pick the best choice meats. But there are also many less costly choices that are excellent.

Reviewed 11 March 2014

The menu was a little tricky. We didn't understand the non-priced items. Food was very good.
The burgers are very big. Atmosphere was calm and enjoyable.

1  Thank Laura W
Reviewed 26 January 2014

This review is for the Patriot Steakhouse in West Carrollton. We were very happy the first two times we visited so we invited our friends to join us for the third visit. While my cowboy cut ribeye was good, the other three people ordered the prime rib. They were hugely disappointed as the prime rib resembled a beef roast more than a prime rib. In one case, the meat was cold which the waitress told us was the way medium rare prime is delivered in this restaurant. My friend had ordered prime rib in a previous visit and the meat was delivered hot. When we mentioned this, the waitress said that the chef was new and still learning. She said she'd forward our comments to the manager, who never even visited our table. A free dessert does not make up for the poor prime rib. I don't really think that the chef should learn his/her craft on our nickel and that someone should care when the dining experience does not measure up. The high hopes that I had for the steakhouse being a go-to place have been dashed and I will not return.

Reviewed 3 January 2014

I normally don't write reviews but was so disappointed with this meal I felt I needed to share. We were excited to eat at newly opened West Carrollton location. After reviewing the internet and their web site I was prepared to enjoy a excellent filet which was advertised to be as good as some of the nicer steakhouses in Dayton such as Paragon, Oakwood Club etc. The atmosphere was just ok but that didn't really bother me. The wait staff however seemed inexperienced. My husband was served the wrong salad dressing. We waited for our server to return to check on us but after about 15 minutes he gave up and just ate what was delivered. I should mention the restaurant was not crowded so I'm not sure why the staff weren't more attentive. Also, I could overhear that this server had also gotten somebody's dinner order incorrect. When our dinners arrived the steak looked amazing however, it didn't seem to have as much flavor as the Paragon's which is where I am used to dining. That being said it was still good. I ordered medium (which I think is pink/warm in the middle). After several bites I discovered the middle was red and cool. I wouldn't call it rare but it was definitely medium rare. I was unable to eat anymore. The server never did come by to ask if everything was ok but eventually at the end of the meal I was able to get a to go box for my steak. I figured my dog would enjoy it. The bill for the meal and drinks was not as expensive as Paragon but the quality was not nearly the same. Even the drinks weren't as good. I had ordered a martini and it came in the traditional glass but was not nearly full. As we were getting ready to leave a manager came by to see how dinner was and I shared my complaint about the steak and showed her how rare it was cooked. She did apologize and offered a free dessert which we declined. She did invite us back for a second chance but for the price of the meal we are better off spending just a few more bucks and going down the road to a place with exceptional food and service.