“Pig Out!”

Add it.
Porky Capone BBQ
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Dinner, Takeout
Description: Menu varies, updates available via Facebook.
Lebanon, Ohio
“Pig Out!”
Reviewed 28 May 2012

Great local place - Great Food ! Family run and well done. May not have the fanciest interior design, but trust me, that is NOT what you are there for.

• Visited February 2012

Monroe
“Worst excuse for a BBQ restaurant EVER....”
Reviewed 19 May 2012

I ordered pulled pork,not even a smoky taste. The sides were even worse. The vegetables were NOT seasoned whatsoever,never had BAD baked beans til this place. After I ate I went to a few of the shops in the same strip mall as this restaurant,asked some of the workers in the other shops if they had eaten there. EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM said it was the worst food in Lebanon. One of them said the food tasted like they had bought it in bulk from Sam's Club,heated it up and called it BBQ. One of the worst food experiences ever for me.

Visited May 2012
Louisville, Kentucky
“YUMMY”
Reviewed 28 November 2011

Found this place by accident on our last weekend trip to Lebanon. Will definiatly come back. The pull pork is wonderful. They let you put your own sauce on and the sauces are great.

Visited November 2011
Milford, Ohio
“Best Pulled Pork I Ever Tasted”
Reviewed 8 August 2011

It's like most BBQ places. You go to a counter and place your order. The food is brought out to you. The place is not fancy but clean. The people running the place are very pleasant. The food is some of the best I have ever tasted. We tried the pulled pork sandwish and the brisket dinner with cornbread, cole slaw & green beans. The green beans had some kind of spicy flavor which we all loved. The sweet cornbread was the best. We will go back for more of the best pulled pork we ever tasted anywhere. If you like BBQ foods this is the place to go. They do have take-out packages.(www.porkycaponeBBQ.com)

• Visited August 2011
1 Thank wwidmeye
Ohio
“Best BBQ north of Texas.”
Reviewed 7 March 2011

I love bbq. I've been to several BBQ places, and some have been outstanding, and some have left me wishing I'd never heard of the place. Porky Capone's is one that I would eat at several times a week, if not every day.

The pros:
First, every thing is homemade. They do not have freezers, they do not have long storage refrigerators. Everything is cooked on site and/or smoked in the giant smoker out front.

While I wouldn't say they have a giant selection of food, they do have something for everyone. The beef brisket is to die for, and the quarter chicken leg is huge. I haven't had their pork, since I don't like pork very much, but other people have and said it was delicious. They also have a cheddarwurst that I will be trying on my next visit.

Another thing I like is that they have 3 very good, but very distinct, sauces. The spicy is spicy enough for even me, the sweet has a nice honey flavor, and then the "Carolina Gold" is a tangy mustard. All are delicious.

If you go, I highly recommend getting the macaroni and cheese. All the sides are homemade, but the mac & cheese is my favorite. They also have cole slaw, green beans, and several others. I honestly just get the mac & cheese, but other people have said the other sides were delicious as well.

The price is extremely reasonable. For $5, you can get the lunch special, which is a meat of your choice, chips, and a drink. For $1 ore, you can get a side. And believe me when I say $5 will feed you much better at Porky's than you could get at McDonald's. Regular prices range between $3-$7, depending on what you get and when you go.

The cons:

Since everything is cooked on site and not frozen, if they run out of something, they are out of it. However, I've always been there at "off" times (1:30 pm, 11 am, etc) and they have had everything. Also, you can call ahead and reserve food and they will make sure they have enough for you to pick up.

The place is a little dingy. It's in a run-down strip mall kind of place, and it's next door to a gas station. There isn't a lot of seating either, but there is a park across the street so when the weather gets nicer it'd be great to picnic there.

Right now, they only take CASH. I talked to one of the owners, and they said they are in the process of setting up for credit cards, but as there is an ATM in the gas station next door and a variety of banks not too far away, this is more of an annoyance then anything.

All in all, this is an extremely good place to eat. Nothing fancy, but the food is real home cooking and the staff is always friendly.

• Visited March 2011