“An institution in downtown Lebanon!”
Review of Doc's Place

Doc's Place
Ranked #14 of 64 Restaurants in Lebanon
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Doc's Place reminds me of "Cheers" - a place where everybody knows your name.....nice bar area, tunes you can play and the side area is the restaurant. The hot pretzel appetizer with dipping sauces is wickedly good. I have also had lunch and dinner there many times and it never disappointed. It's a nice place to have some drinks and/or some food with family, friends or business colleagues.

Reviewed 5 March 2014

Doc's is a good casual dining experience. The food is good and the atmosphere is friendly! There's a variety of local residents, business professionals,and those just passing thru! Doc's is a good place to grab a quick lunch or have a couple evening cocktails!

Reviewed 9 December 2013

Just wondered into this town for the annual Horse Drawn Carriage Parade December 7 which was really cool. Stopped in here and the vibe was cool but the food was mediocre. They need to hire a real culinary chef as in truth the vibe is great. The beer was very good and cold have to give em credit for that. My advice hire a real chef and get the food quality up and your reviews will improve.

Reviewed 6 December 2013

We were visiting family in Lebanon and they took us to Doc's, which is their favorite restaurant in town. They love the food and had several recommendations. However, we were sorely disappointed. The French Leek Soup was the best of what we ate. The chicken quesadilla was mediocre and tasteless. I ordered a salad that sounded interesting: fresh vegetables marinated in a citrus-y sauce, served with some sort of vinaigrette. It turned out to be diced cubes of raw zucchini and yellow summer squash, with no noticeable marinade flavors at all. I'd asked for the vinaigrette to be served on the side, so I could taste the marinade, but I tasted nothing at all. The fried string bean appetizer was dismal -- cooked, greasy frozen beans.

The setting and service were pleasant. Unfortunately, they seemed overwhelmed by our larger party of eight, and we ended up cancelling some of our order (mixed drinks) because they hadn't been served by the time the entrees arrived.

Because our relatives rave about the place, I might give it another go, but with much lower expectations.

Reviewed 8 November 2013

Delightful signature dishes as well as a wide variety of appetizers, soups, sandwiches, kid's meals, and Entrees. I enjoyed the "Reuben Dip" with a frosty glass of draft beer---appetizer size made a large supper for me. Staff are friendly and attentive. Chelsea, our server tonight, is simply the best. Atmosphere is comfortable, cozy, and quaint.