Cedarbrook Campground
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
The Shaker Inn(Lebanon)(Great Value!)
US$74
US$51
US$74
Priceline
TripAdvisor
All reviewskings islandwould stay againgravelcampgroundfacilitiesescortcincinnatiwi
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Very relaxing for a week away! The staff was friendly and the campground itself was nice and clean. The site we were in was shaded and level....no complaints there. We would have rated our stay higher except the bathrooms were beyond horrible. We thought they were cleaned twice daily......and it could be we happened to go to the BH right before each cleaning so we saw the worst of them. There is only one BH (per gender) servicing the entire campground.....it gets crowded and dirty very quickly. At one point my husband refused to use the men's BH due to the conditions.

If it weren't for that......we would have no complaints. We would return and will recommend to others with a BH caveat.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mindy C
Reviewed 21 June 2014

My wife and I spent a few days in our 31 ft RV at Cedarbrook Campground. We had a full hook up ($46/night) and our site was located next to a very large cemetery. It was about a 15 minute walk into historic Lebanon and the shortest route was through the cemetery. The campground was close enough to town but was also far enough away to be quiet! The cemetery was nearly 200 years old and had some extremely unique and historic grave stones! It was certainly a walk through time and quite enjoyable!
The campground was clean, and the campsites were nice. The outdoor pool was extremely clean and well maintained. They did have a clean "doggy playground" that was fenced in. However, there were too many dogs on some of the sites. It looked like some campers brought 2-3 LARGE dogs and some of the owners didn't pick up their dog's poo as required. Fortunately, my wife and I arrived Sunday night and left Friday morning avoiding the crowds.
Overall, it was an enjoyable experience and Lebanon is a nice, clean town with several little stores, shops, and restaurants downtown. You are only 8 miles from Kings Island, 30 miles from downtown Cincinnati, and about 45 miles from the Creation Museum in Kentucky. You can't beat the location.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Catman22
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We stayed for three nights in the bare bones cabin. We generally tent camp while camping, but wanted a little more while in the area for King'size Island. This cabin is adorable! It basically reminds me of a tiny bunk house from summer camp. Plenty of storage in the rafters to keep things out of the way. The entire campground is Clean. You will not find trash lying around Anywhere. The bathrooms are spotless, and the employees areally very friendly and helpful with navigating the area.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Heatherj1025
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

We stopped here to break up our trip home. We paid $43. There are lots of good reviews for this place and I dont know why. The only thing they have going for them is their location. Its not next to highway so you get no freeway noise but other than that .... no thanks. The park was not full at all but they put us right in the middle of two other campers...it was so muddy. And when we pulled in the sewer hook up was broken off and the whole site had us sinking down in the mud. They clearly do not clean up for incoming visitors. There was a willow tree that had left branches all over and the cemented pad for the table was covered in stones. Wifi was not free. You had to sign in and pay $3 per day but it was very limited service. They even had a note in their info pamphlet that was a disclaimer about big trees causing problems for their satellite service...tv or internet I do not know. And at the very bottom it says No Refunds! In big bold letters. So if you are not happy with your stay just move on and dont bother them I guess. The one good thing was that they did come fix the sewer and find us a fire ring which was missing but the guy acted like we broke it pulling in and then admitted it could have been himself when he snow plows. Geez.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Julie H
Reviewed 8 September 2013

I had been to this campground as a child and I decided to take my kids! I specifically picked Cedarbrook because they were cheap and allowed me to bring all 4 of my dogs. I chose a basic tent site, no electric from Friday to Sunday. It was NOT crowded at all and the sites were plenty big enough. We had 2 tents, 4 dogs and 5 people on one site with plenty of room.

The pros:
Plenty of Room on the site
Not noisy at night
price
allowed me to bring my dogs
Hogroast was great fun!

the cons:
the firepits dont have grates so we were unprepared for that
the bathrooms in the back service barn are tight. If you were overweight or pregnant, you could not fit.

Room Tip: If you have kids/dogs they have plenty of back sites away from everyone without someone on every side of you.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family