“Best Ham & Eggs Breakfast Ever”
Review of Country Kitchen

Country Kitchen
Ranked #15 of 64 Restaurants in Lebanon
Cuisines: American
San Clemente, California
“Best Ham & Eggs Breakfast Ever”
Reviewed 28 August 2012

On our baseball trip of visiting major league stadiums in 2011 we usually sought out non-chains as places to eat. In our search for diners we found a real gem for breakfast at the Country Kitchen in Lebanon, Ohio located right on the I-95 as we drove from Cincinatti to Cleveland. Their ham and eggs are not to be missed.

Called “pit ham,” it is a non-processed country ham with a natural smoke flavor that tastes chemically free—what a rarity for breakfast ham. Basted eggs--perfectly browned, not burnt--country potatoes and rye toast that was actually toasted and not limp, provided a memorable meal. It is worth it to go out of your way for this breakfast delight.

• Visited September 2011

Cinn, OH
“yummy breakfast”
Reviewed 16 August 2012

This is the best place for breakfast, home made strawberry jam and blackberry jam. I also love the fried potatoes. Their biscuits are also light and fluffy, just like Grandma made. This is our go-to place when in the area.

• Visited August 2012
Up North Michigan
“Great home cooking. Take time to stop”
Reviewed 10 May 2012

A pleasant surprise! Neat and clean. Friendly staff. Food reminds me of my mom's cooking. Not fancy-casual and a good place to eat. We had the special, noodles with beef tips- delicious. Better yet was the apple dumpling.

Hendersonville, Tennessee
“FANTASTIC Fried Chicken”
Reviewed 5 January 2012

I stopped at this non-descript highway-side diner a few months ago not expecting anything special. Instead, what I received was suprisingly good food featuring exceptional fried chicken.

There truly is a correlation between quality and the number of cars in a restaurant parking lot. I passed near Lebanon on my drive from Cleveland to Nashville and noticed the large number of cars. I thought, well, if others seem to like it, why wouldn't I?

Once inside, the interior was as I would have expected from a roadside diner. There were small tables and several counter seats and virtually every seat was occupied. The menu had several different options and fried chicken is what I ordered. I also had a side salad and potatoes and gravy.

The freshly cooked fried chicken took a long time to prepare which was okay with me. The salad was fair but primarily iceberg lettuce. I did appreciate the fact that they served crackers with the salad which most restaurants don't do anymore.

The Fried Chicken was absolutely fantastic. It was crisp and steaming hot. It was very well seasoned. Frankly, it was some of the best fried chicken I've ever had. As a commuter between Nashville and Cleveland, it is now my prefererred meal during my travels back and forth. The potatoes and gravy didn't turn me on that much but the chicken was to die for.

The servers are friendly and attentive. The owner is visible and busy serving customers and processing payments. Very friendly people and great food. I have returned several times since that first visit.

• Visited November 2011