“You have to know what to expect....”
Review of Skyline Chili

Skyline Chili
Ranked #7 of 47 Restaurants in Lewis Center
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 21 April 2013

My wife is a Skyline enthusiast, so I am frequently in one of the many Columbus Skylines. First, it IS Cincinnati style chili, and it IS also from a recipe made by Greeks, so has some of that Mediterranean influence in the flavors. If you do not like the taste of the chili, then that is a personal taste, but it is kind of hard for me to look at a review that the restaurant is terrible because someone does not like the chili. That being said, every restaurant tries to be the best version of itself that it can be, and this one I believe succeeds for the most part. Friendly, knowledgeable staff, who really know about hospitality, serving Cincinnati style chili on coney dogs, and spaghetti. If you have to ask why there is chili on the spaghetti, then I am not sure you were directed to the right place. Maybe you were looking for Wendy's, they serve chili....

Reviewed 4 September 2012

I really dislike the tate of this chili. It leaves s funny ftertaste in my mouth. Almost a burned flavor. Maybe it' not my style.

Reviewed 28 August 2012

I read a review where someone said "pricey" and I'm wondering if they didn't know that usually means expensive. The prices are very reasonable.

The menu is not extensive, but its decent chili at a really good price with large portions. The service and staff were great! The manager came to our table and asked us how everything was. It was good and he asked if it was our first time. For two of us, it was. He returned and gave us each a can cozie, a packet of complimentary crackers, some mints and bbq sauce. To top it all off, he said that our meals were free! He wanted to thank us for our business and said that they want us to return so first time visitors got to eat for free! I'm sure that's not something they do all the time, or even at every location, but it was a nice surprise. I couldn't think of a better way to invite us back. Definitely no complaints here.

Reviewed 14 June 2012

A modern, clean restaurant with friendly, knowledgable people. Cincinnati chili is a unique dining experience. They also have a treat for the little kids with a kid's meal.

Reviewed 2 March 2012

Wow, for a fast place, this is wonderful, excellent Service, fresh wonderful food and inexpensive prices