“"LOVE THE PILLOWS"”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Lima
Ranked #10 of 15 Hotels in Lima
Reviewed 4 April 2013

Very clean and basic Fairfield Inn. After reading reviews, was waiting for the train noise, and never heard one train go by. Stopped on a overnite weekend getaway to the Neil Armstrong Space Museum and glad we did as we did not have any problems. The room was clean, beds were comfortable, and breakfast was great. The pool could have been a little warmer for my taste, but my grandson thought it was perfect. The big wow here was the pillow's. lot's and lot's and fluffy too....to me that's what make the room complete. Will be back if ever staying in area again...

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 14 March 2013

Great front desk staff. Stayed Over night May 9th, 2012 on run from Canada to pickup a trailer.
Rooms were very clean and new. Free Breakfast was great! Also had to hit the Tim Horton's down the street!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 November 2012

We were traveling thru Lima, Ohio on a vacation trip. We found this place thru coupon.com. It seemed a little off the 75 interstate, but we were surprised how nice it was. Nothing special about the building itself, but the staff there seem to do a really good job of servicing the place. The room was clean and comfortable. The breakfast was exceptional and well cared for by the staff. I would definitely stay here again if the opportunity arises.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bbred14
LimaFF_GM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Lima, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2012

Thanks for the nice review! A clean and comfortable room is important for a great nights stay. Our staff takes great pride in the care of our guests and the hotel.

Reviewed 27 October 2012 via mobile

The hotel was clean enough. The staff were friendly & on top of things. However, I awakened to bed bugs and one was physically on me. I would not recommend this hotel because of that reason. We took one of the bugs to the front desk & reported the problem. Hopefully, they will exterminate & no other customers will be affected.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank MrsETS
LimaFF_GM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Lima, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2012

Please accept my apologies for the issues that you experienced during your stay. We are proactive in taking care of these issues and all cases are investigated by Ecolab to ensure that our guests feel comfortable staying with us.

Reviewed 10 October 2012

We stopped at this hotel for a quick rest on the way to Indiana. It is not convenient to I-75 but we were cutting across the state at this point so it was still on our destination path. The hotel is just your average Fairfield Inn. What made this hotel a great stop for us was the woman who checked us in on a Friday night around midnight. She couldn't do enough for us. We needed a roll-a-way bed -- she got it. We needed more towels -- those were immediately provided. We were hoping to find a Red Box location -- she gave us directions to the closest one. She was friendly, quick, and efficient. When you arrive at a hotel after being on the road for hours, you really appreciate friendly efficient service. Breakfast was good too!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank thesportsmom
Reviewed 7 October 2012

When I saw this was 5 miles off I-75, I was mistakenly thought we would be on a highway for these 5 miles, not driving through sketchy neighborhoods and making multiple turns. My husband swears he saw a hooker on our way there. Once you get to the hotel, it is located in the "nice" end of town that has all the shopping and restaurants from what we could tell.

I had reward points so I'm not sure how this measures up to the rate charged. The desk clerks were both friendly and polite. We didn't use the pool but it looked clean. The rooms and lobby have obviously been recently updated and were very clean. The bed didn't suit my husband but I thought it was okay. My husband enjoyed the breakfast and thought they had a good selection. The tv seemed to be high quality, I'm not even sure why I noticed this but it stuck with me. The ice/vending is only on the first floor, which isn't a huge deal but some people might care.

As previously stated by other reviewers this hotel is on a very busy road and next to a train. We woke up a number of times that night, but I was never sure if it was a loud car, siren or train. Whomever said people in Lima don't have mufflers was not exactly lying, there seemed to be a large amount of extra loud cars. And the traffic never really seemed to lessen as the night wore on. There also seemed to be a large amount of light in the room. The light around the windows was pretty normal for that kind of hotel, but the light under the door was a lot plus you have the LED lights from the microwave and alarm clock. It was brighter than what I prefer.

Overall I really liked the hotel and will return if we ever have an actual reason to be in Lima, but not sure I'd just pick that location again during a road trip.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sabinebaby
Reviewed 17 August 2012

Stayed here due to a promotion with Marriott, and we had no regrets. It was a very clean and well kept hotel. Check in and out were about as quick and as easy as they can be. While the hotel looks like an older Fairfield, the inside is perfectly in-line with the newest Fairfields. The hotel was quiet so we could get the rest we needed. We were moving, and found the parking lot to be well lit and secure. We had no concerns about parking our moving truck there. The hotel staff were not even remotely bothered by us putting a large truck in the parking lot. Despite being 10 minutes off I-75, we will definitely be back if we're passing through.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family